Why are shows full of losers so popular?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Friends, All in the family, Cheers, Seinfield, House.

Think about it.
since we did not have a forum on psychology I figured media would do.

I am pursuing this because these types of shows do not appeal to me and trying to figure out my abnormality.

Any ideas?

Because libs don't think competition is a good thing because it harms the losers so all you end up with are losers?

They amplify characteristics/situations which allow the viewer affirmation that there are bigger losers than them.

Those who like shows full of loser think so.
My lady friend likes it and watches it, I do not like it much but analyze it and it got me to thinkin.

4399254227_413f8b1218_o.gif

I liked him as Bertie Wooster better.

Think about it.

I am pursuing this because these types of shows do not appeal to me and trying to figure out my abnormality.

Any ideas?

The only one I have have seen is Cheers, in reruns, but I never noticed any one being losers. They all seemed pretty happy to be in one another's company, filling a need? :eusa_eh:

How is Hugh Laurie a loser?

The character Greg House, although snarky at times, is a massively intelligent, funny, emotional and very human person...

...who is also, BTW, is boinking Cuddy...:thup:

Far from a loser...

The TV character is a loser.

I am not speaking of Hugh Lowry the person, or the persons in any og the other shows, but the characters they play.

And yes losers can be happy together....

must... refrain... from... making.... political... comment...

Ahh made it.

BTW, House Marathon on USA channel right now...:D

Ohh I know My lady friend was over today and watched a few episodes and being the dutiful lovey friend I sat with her watching it and did not complain.

I never once said why are those idiots doing that?

Think about it.

Any ideas?

The only one I have have seen is Cheers, in reruns, but I never noticed any one being losers. They all seemed pretty happy to be in one another's company, filling a need? :eusa_eh:

think about the characters and their lives....

Because libs don't think competition is a good thing because it harms the losers so all you end up with are losers?

That's a strange right wing lie about liberals. Why does the right feel the need to tell lies so much? Doesn't the truth fit your extreme world view?

Think about it.

Any ideas?

Which one is this HUGH guy you are speaking of? And in thinking of their lives, I guess I just haven't gone past the character. Which shows of Cheers did you like best? The one featuring Diane or the one featuring...uh...what's `er name?!?!?! I liked Diane.

Which one is this HUGH guy you are speaking of? And in thinking of their lives, I guess I just haven't gone past the character. Which shows of Cheers did you like best? The one featuring Diane or the one featuring...uh...what's `er name?!?!?! I liked Diane.

Hugh Laurie...

Greg House, M.D.

Monday nights on Fox....

House is the Hugh guy.

A Doctor whose bedside manner is worse than a werewolfs, A drug addict, etc
His personal life is like a trainwreck, etc.

Just plumb rude and crude.

House is the Hugh guy.

and boinking Cuddy....:cool:

House is the Hugh guy.

The only Dr. on there was Dr. Crane? No??? Maybe I am on the wrong show???

I like shows with some losers in them.
MASH, Tooltime, Andy Griffith, etc.
The ones that seem to be all losers I do not care for. Not sure why.
Married with children is another all loser show. Some funny parts but just could never get into it.

Forum List

Back