Why are right wingers so darn afraid?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I'm being serious here, almost everything and everyone seems to scare right wingers into believing that "their world is ending."

Just looking at some of the threads' titles, we can see that their anger (which is really an expression of their fears) is now directed toward gays, especially since Pence of Indiana is running backwards so fast that its surprising that he's still standing.

So, we can now add to right wingers' new trepidations, gays and lesbians........
Of course, these poor evangelical, gun toting tea partiers, are also threatened by progressives, libs, democrats, dark skinned people, Iranians, unions, and scientists.

You know, good folks, Charles Darwin was and is correct.....adapt or perish in time.

All change, and anything that isn't absolute, is a profound threat to the right-wingers. Their mentalites, their religions, their very lives are based upon tradition and certainly. Take that away you have exposed them to the core, which cannot stand up to the light of day.

They are grounded in fear, and strike out in the same manner when threatened.

I'm being serious here, almost everything and everyone seems to scare right wingers into believing that "their world is ending."

Just looking at some of the threads' titles, we can see that their anger (which is really an expression of their fears) is now directed toward gays, especially since Pence of Indiana is running backwards so fast that its surprising that he's still standing.

So, we can now add to right wingers' new trepidations, gays and lesbians........
Of course, these poor evangelical, gun toting tea partiers, are also threatened by progressives, libs, democrats, dark skinned people, Iranians, unions, and scientists.

You know, good folks, Charles Darwin was and is correct.....adapt or perish in time.

Maybe 'cause loony lefties are ... scary?
images

Funny how a large number of those thread titles are ginned up by leftist like you. Your title for this thread is a perfect example, you know it's bullshit, we know it's bullshit, but you never seem to let that stop you.

• Banned
Funny how a large number of those thread titles are ginned up by leftist like you. Your title for this thread is a perfect example, you know it's bullshit, we know it's bullshit, but you never seem to let that stop you.

Fear not TX soon the tea party will be issuing these to help you through does scary nights.

Fear not TX soon the tea party will be issuing these to help you through does scary nights.

No thanks, seems like you lefties need all the crutches to prop up your meaningless little lives. You know like starting ridiculously infantile threads like this one. Now you've doubled down with this post, really?

• Banned
No thanks, seems like you lefties need all the crutches to prop up your meaningless little lives. You know like starting ridiculously infantile threads like this one. Now you've doubled down with this post, really?

Such gratitude you're showing toward folks who are trying to help you with your insecurities. tsk, tsk......

There is no secret that conservatism is based on fear.

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone (1809 – 1898)

The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety.
H. L. Mencken

There is even scientific proof...

Study: Conservatives Have Larger 'Fear Centers' in Their Brains

Political opinions are considered choices, and in Western democracies the right to choose one's opinions -- freedom of conscience -- is considered sacrosanct.

But recent studies suggest that our brains and genes may be a major determining factor in the views we hold.

A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.

If the study is confirmed, it could give us the first medical explanation for why conservatives tend to be more receptive to threats of terrorism, for example, than liberals. And it may help to explain why conservatives like to plan based on the worst-case scenario, while liberals tend towards rosier outlook.

There is no secret that conservatism is based on fear.

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone (1809 – 1898)

The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety.
H. L. Mencken

There is even scientific proof...

Study: Conservatives Have Larger 'Fear Centers' in Their Brains

Political opinions are considered choices, and in Western democracies the right to choose one's opinions -- freedom of conscience -- is considered sacrosanct.

But recent studies suggest that our brains and genes may be a major determining factor in the views we hold.

A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.

If the study is confirmed, it could give us the first medical explanation for why conservatives tend to be more receptive to threats of terrorism, for example, than liberals. And it may help to explain why conservatives like to plan based on the worst-case scenario, while liberals tend towards rosier outlook.

Did the study go on to ask which group was happier?

Because, when "change" happens to blow up in your face, as it sometimes does, and you haven't prepared for that, you get burned.

And sometimes burned bad.

I remember when my buddies all went white water rafting. They were not athletic, they were not prepared. They didn't bother to hire a guide.

THey almost died. One fucked up his knee for life.

Me? I stayed home and played video games all weekend. Almost straight though. I had a great time.

why are flame threads allowed to stay in politics?

why can't leftist follow the basic rules of where to post threads?

are they inherently rude?
were they poorly raised?
are they just natural assholes?

on a side note; Why do leftist pussies need study after study after study that tells them they are better than the rest of us?

answer; weakness

"Why are right wingers so darn afraid?"

Change is very frightening for most conservatives, who are in essence reactionaries.

Most conservatives have an unwarranted fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty, perceived by many on the right to be some sort of a 'threat.'

And unfortunately that fear in conjunction with ignorance often manifests as hate, bigotry, and racism.

were they poorly raised?

on a side note; Why do leftist pussies need study after study after study that tells them they are better than the rest of us?

answer; weakness

You missed the whole point. I talk to a radical right and can see and hear the fear in their voices. The Hatred and fear just bubbles out. For the next less than 2 years, republicans are on trial. Either they get it done or they are done. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. In this case, you got your wish but it's a trial. Fail it and the results will be a showing of many republicans the door. Succeed and it means more will be elected. So far, the trial has been a failure.

That's funny! When I look at "democrats" I see scared people...afraid of global warming and big business. Afraid of capitalism and corporations. Afraid of the constitution and freedom. Afraid and Hateful of religion and religious people and anyone that touts tradition. If you ask me it's leftist that have gone over the edge. Don't toss that homophobic crap at me. This is 2015 and I do not know a conservative that hates gay men or women. Hell wake up! Most of us have loved ones in our family's that are gay. Don't let the democrat machine divide us like that! Same for the minority populations...Republicans do not hate you either... if anything it's the leftist that notice and remark on skin color. Who is the biggest racist? Al Sharpton or George Bush? Stop letting them divide us!

It's because most liberals are not interested in news and politics, you seen that with the failure of air America, MSNBc miserable ratings and their unwillingness to go to the polls in the midterms, they vote popularity not policy and it screws them over, like Indiana, like electing a bozo in 2008 instead of a more qualified Hillary.

Their world is ending, is why. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to the individual but change necessarily means the old ways go away, and Conservatives are all about preserving the status quo.

It all fits together nicely when you step back and think about it.

were they poorly raised?

answer; weakness
This entire website is a flame fest, what are talking about?

Now that's hilarious. As if 90% of the right wing threads are not "ridiculously infantile." LMAO

were they poorly raised?

answer; weakness
It isn't a flame thread. Research shows that conservatives are afraid of change. That is a reasonable topic to put under discussion.

One of my working hypotheses is that since about 10% of men who identify as completely straight are in fact completely gay, 3% are openly gay or lesbian, and about 30% have had a homosexual experience, the various attempts at suppressing homosexuality is so that the true percentage of homosexuals and 'not entirely heterosexual' never becomes fully out and overt.

If suddenly the 3% of openly gay people became 30% or so that'd be a very powerful lobbying force. And it could well disrupt the existing status quo between dems and republicans. So republicans are doing everything they can to suppress reality in effect and keep things the way they are. When society becomes as comfortable with homosexuality as it became with interracial marriage, desegregation, etc. 'other than exclusively heterosexual' will be the majority demographic. Longer they can kick the can down the road the better.

Forum List

Back