Why are Republicans desperate to have a billionaire "elite" to run their lives?

Was it actually spelled that way?

Because the spelling should be "Baby's daddy".

Sounds like a great case of "home-skule" republicans.

I agree that our welfare system has a lot of flaws, but the bigger flaw is that we've put the profits of big corporations over making sure every American has a job that they can sustain themselves with.

Again, Joe's first rule. When you dismantle the middle class, don't go whining about increased government dependence.

Well, that shows how many you've actually communicated with who refer to themselves in that context. None.

It's 'baby daddy.'

"He's my baby daddy.' 'I'm her baby daddy.'

You know, like Obama. He's Michelle's baby daddy!

Okay, except that isn't the context of the misspelled bumper sticker. I don't think the government is getting people pregnant out of wedlock. (And if they are, I'm wondering what that job actually pays.)

Of course, most of the people I know still get married before they make babies, so I guess I don't communicate with people who use that kind of language.

I think it's kind of horrible that we have a society where that slang is commonly used because marriage has become passe, but again, I have to ask, whose fault is that?

Who destroyed the notion of the "breadwinner"? Hint- it was the guys who decided to move the breadwinner's job to China after busting up his union.

Now we have couples that don't get married, because theirs no advantage to it, and they are both working jobs that barely pay the rent and have to go to the government to make ends meet.

But a few rich douchebags are able to get their car elevators, that's the important thing, right?

Joe? If there had been some kind of car elevator for Reagan to have entered that hotel, Hinkle wouldn't have gotten a shot off to hurt and possibly kill him. The car elevator you're speaking of could also be due to an elder family member's need to get in and out of the house in the best way possible. Those things aren't mentioned in hatchet talking point areas of the internet.

Please don't harp on people running for President who are ordered to be protected by special services to prevent a tragedy or major inconvenience to neighbors, if instead a garage was installed right on the property line and would later require a fence be built, etc.

People are not welcome to come shoot a successful party candidate, or any member of his family. Protective measures are the sad outcome of vicious people in the world who chase after celebrities and political leaders.

Last edited:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH...We lost all those union manufacturing jobs....
Stop longing for your version of the good old days.....The world has become a much smaller place. No longer are we insulated from global competition.
Would you pay $3,000 for a standard grade American made refrigerator built by union labor in a closed shop where the chances of an average person who does not "know the right people" could never become employed? If so, good for you.
Most of us will not and quite frankly could not. So don't go on about you view of labor. Nobody cares.

Guy, the problem is, once you've lost those good manufacturing jobs, you've lost the whole economy, which was the point.

It was never about being more profitable, it was about breaking the American Middle class.

I do purchasing. Usually, when we get shit in from Asia, it's crap. We moved a key line to Asia last year and the sales figures on it plummeted because the quality dropped.

We can easily insulate ourselves from global competition, and we should. The real problem is the rest of the world doesn't pay a CEO 475 times what they pay a line worker.

Joe? If there had been some kind of car elevator for Reagan to have entered that hotel, Hinkle wouldn't have gotten a shot off to hurt and possibly kill him. The car elevator you're speaking of could also be due to an elder family member's need to get in and out of the house in the best way possible. Those things aren't mentioned in hatchet talking point areas of the internet.

Please don't harp on people running for President who are ordered to be protected by special services to prevent a tragedy or major inconvenience to neighbors, if instead a garage was installed right on the property line and would later require a fence be built, etc.

People are not welcome to come shoot a successful party candidate, or any member of his family. Protective measures are the sad outcome of vicious people in the world who chase after celebrities and political leaders.

Oh, please, the only reason the Romney's want a Car Elevator on Mansion #4 is that they just don't think the Mansion is cool enough for them.

Yup, the Romney's bought that 2 million dollar mansion, and it wasn't big enough for them... so they are rebuilding it. I'm sure all those folks who lost their jobs in Romney's dodgy deals will be happy to know the Romney's don't have to get out of their car to get it into the garage.

Oh, please, the only reason the Romney's want a Car Elevator on Mansion #4 is that they just don't think the Mansion is cool enough for them.

Yup, the Romney's bought that 2 million dollar mansion, and it wasn't big enough for them... so they are rebuilding it. I'm sure all those folks who lost their jobs in Romney's dodgy deals will be happy to know the Romney's don't have to get out of their car to get it into the garage.

that green eyed monster is going to consume you

that green eyed monster is going to consume you

Not a green-eyed monster at all. I'm probably the least materialistic person you'd ever want to meet. I don't buy things until the old one breaks.

It's a problem of worrying about a society where we only have the rich and the poor and nothing in between.

That never ends well, in case you learned your history in a Christian Home Skule.

We did not become a great nation because the wealthy build mansions. Go to Cleveland, it's full of mansions that were built in the 19th century. Most of them sit abandoned now, because the working class neighborhoods that surrounded them also disappeared.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH...We lost all those union manufacturing jobs....
Stop longing for your version of the good old days.....The world has become a much smaller place. No longer are we insulated from global competition.
Would you pay $3,000 for a standard grade American made refrigerator built by union labor in a closed shop where the chances of an average person who does not "know the right people" could never become employed? If so, good for you.
Most of us will not and quite frankly could not. So don't go on about you view of labor. Nobody cares.

Guy, the problem is, once you've lost those good manufacturing jobs, you've lost the whole economy, which was the point.

It was never about being more profitable, it was about breaking the American Middle class.

I do purchasing. Usually, when we get shit in from Asia, it's crap. We moved a key line to Asia last year and the sales figures on it plummeted because the quality dropped.

We can easily insulate ourselves from global competition, and we should. The real problem is the rest of the world doesn't pay a CEO 475 times what they pay a line worker.
That's where you are believing incorrect information. We haven't lost nearly as many manufacturing jobs as your side would have us believe.
The fact is, American manufacturing had a lot of catching up to do over the last 30 years.
Gone are the old "smoke stack" plants with old style processes that required large labor forces to complete tasks. Gone are those companies which were forced to kowtow to labor unions which over paid workers and drove up costs to non competitive levels.
Yeah, we here in the US make plenty of stuff. We just do it with fewer people, less damage to the environment, more efficiency and bring product to market much faster.
Manufacturing workers are better educated, more skilled and are able to do any job in a plant required to produce the product.
Where as up until 30 or more years ago, a high school education of any kind would be enough to get a factory job which could last until retirement age. Manufacturers now require at least some technical schooling combined with higher writing and language skills.. Manufacturers require workers to be far more independent, able to perform without constant supervision. They also must be able to think for themselves, think on their feet, solve problems and have the ability to improvise ,overcome and adapt.
I would imagine all of this makes you uncomfortable. You long for the gone by days where workers were only required to do one thing and be able to keep their job for 30 years. That doesn't wash anymore. Companies hire only those who are willing to to learn and move forward with their careers.

HUH? An entire continent is incapable of creating quality products? Hmm. Perhaps it is possible the company your employer contracts with either cannot or will not build what your employer needs. If that is the case, your employer is not practicing due diligence.
Why would the US wish to insulate itself from global competition? That is an archaic and parochial view. Look, trade wars are a waste of time and very expensive. Nobody wins.
The salary issue is a non-sequitur. You keep harping on it Forget it. I'm not going to discuss it.

That's where you are believing incorrect information. We haven't lost nearly as many manufacturing jobs as your side would have us believe.
The fact is, American manufacturing had a lot of catching up to do over the last 30 years.
Gone are the old "smoke stack" plants with old style processes that required large labor forces to complete tasks. Gone are those companies which were forced to kowtow to labor unions which over paid workers and drove up costs to non competitive levels.
Yeah, we here in the US make plenty of stuff. We just do it with fewer people, less damage to the environment, more efficiency and bring product to market much faster.
Manufacturing workers are better educated, more skilled and are able to do any job in a plant required to produce the product.
Where as up until 30 or more years ago, a high school education of any kind would be enough to get a factory job which could last until retirement age. Manufacturers now require at least some technical schooling combined with higher writing and language skills.. Manufacturers require workers to be far more independent, able to perform without constant supervision. They also must be able to think for themselves, think on their feet, solve problems and have the ability to improvise ,overcome and adapt.
I would imagine all of this makes you uncomfortable. You long for the gone by days where workers were only required to do one thing and be able to keep their job for 30 years. That doesn't wash anymore. Companies hire only those who are willing to to learn and move forward with their careers.

Guy, I've worked in manufacturing purchasing for the last 20 years since leaving the military.

Yes, we've lost way too many jobs.

And, sorry, a lot of the "at Will" employment bullshit is more about keeping people scared than finding the best people.

Forum List

Back