Why are Republicans and rightwingers always bashing gays for political points?

Democrats don't bash homos for political points, Repugs do. I'm just as disgusted at the thought of two men giving and taking it up the ass as any straight man, but I don't need to bash that shit for political points by appealing to homophobic bigots.

Actually, Democrats bash OTHER people as homosexuals for political points. Gay-baiting is one of their favorite and most time-honored political ploys. Republicans may disagree with the political agenda of homosexual rights groups, but we don't generally consider homosexuality to be an INSULT.

And by the way, just for the record, YOU are the homophobe here, by definition. Opposing a political agenda doesn't qualify as homophobia; your repeated remarks about "disgusted" and "nasty" and "taking it up the ass" are the textbook definition of homophobia.

Congrats for outting yourself as the very thing you wanted to attack your opponents for. Never wonder why you've earned a reputation on this board as an idiot.

Please prove that Democrats gay bait. Thank you. What Democrats do is point out the hypocrisy when right wing anti-gay homophobes get busted having gay sex.

Okay. Let's start with recent history. How about John Kasich of Ohio having to answer insinuations that he's gay because he and his male chief-of-staff share a Virginia townhouse in order to cut expenses? How about South Dakota Republican Senator Larry Pressler having to spend time in a debate with his Democrat challenger discussing rumors that he got married to cover his alleged homosexuality (an allegation which has no substantiation whatsoever)?

How about AFSCME running ads and fliers implying that Mitch McConnell was discharged from the military for homosexuality? Or the New York Times attacking Karl Rove by accusing his DAD of being gay?

This is all just relatively recent history. I note, just in passing, that Democrats have been making a habit of calling their political opponents "gay" as far back at least as Joe McCarthy, who also received this treatment in his day.

And this is just political opponents who AREN'T gay. How about the charming habit Democrats have of outting ACTUAL gay people who oppose their political positions? I remember when my former Congressional Representative, Jim Kolbe, had his sexual orientation slathered across the front pages because the Democrats had the mistaken impression that his constituents didn't know and would be offended by it. Or worse, outting their opponents' gay family members? Anyone remember when Newt Gingrich's half-sister was suddenly dragged into the news, JUST because she was gay?

A government is created and a law passed that recognizes and subsidizes a very specific relationship between two citizens. When other specific relationships ask for the same recognition, it is their fault somehow?

I don't wish to legalize gay marriage. I wish to remove the state from the recognition of relationships entirely. Homosexuals do not define their relationships by the thoughts or feelings of others, just as heterosexual couples do not. They only wish to been seen equal before the law.

The law shouldn't exist to begin with.

If they wish to make a public issue out of their relationship and gain legal approbation for it, then yes, it is THEIR fault that their relationship has become public instead of private. No one outside their relationship went in and said, "We need to discuss what you two are doing on a national stage."

Do you have any idea WHY the laws recognizing - not allowing, thank you very much - specific relationships exist? If you don't, we have nothing to discuss until you do.

The government made relationships public when they became recognized by a public institution.

It doesn't matter why laws recognize relationships. It's not in the constitution, it's not within the jurisdiction of the state, and inherently elevates one class of citizen over another. Marriage should be privatized.

We have nothing to discuss as long as your attitude is "I don't NEED to know the facts; I can just discuss how I THINK things are!"

Call me when you have a more mature and rational outlook on issues.

Democrats don't bash homos for political points, Repugs do. I'm just as disgusted at the thought of two men giving and taking it up the ass as any straight man, but I don't need to bash that shit for political points by appealing to homophobic bigots.

Actually, Democrats bash OTHER people as homosexuals for political points. Gay-baiting is one of their favorite and most time-honored political ploys. Republicans may disagree with the political agenda of homosexual rights groups, but we don't generally consider homosexuality to be an INSULT.

And by the way, just for the record, YOU are the homophobe here, by definition. Opposing a political agenda doesn't qualify as homophobia; your repeated remarks about "disgusted" and "nasty" and "taking it up the ass" are the textbook definition of homophobia.

Congrats for outting yourself as the very thing you wanted to attack your opponents for. Never wonder why you've earned a reputation on this board as an idiot.

Wrong, the fact that I am disgusted by certain sexual acts doesn't make me a bigot, I'm speak aloud what I think, that said, I would never use what I find to be disgusting as a political tool especially when its useless.

Bigots never believe they're bigots. They ALWAYS think there's a perfectly acceptable reason for their bigotry that makes it different.

Are we bashing homosexuals because we oppose homosexual behavior?

The only reason it's political at all is because the left is pushing the issue down the throats of the American people against their will. Stop trying to legislate from the bench or bipass the people's vote and it won't be an issue.

I didn't know we were bashing homosexuals at all. FLAYLO is bashing homosexuals, but that's because he's a bigot and a homophobe. I thought the rest of us were just opposing them on a political issue.

Of course, in Liberal LalaLand, holding a different opinion IS "bashing", I guess.

It was homosexual advocacy groups who decided they needed to have a public debate because it wasn't enough for them to conduct their relationships privately; they needed government approbation.

Why can't straights conduct their relationships private without government?

Let the Law recognize no marriage...

Gays
Muslims
Hispanics
Blacks
Feminists
Scientists
College Professors

most recently

Teachers
Nurses
Middle class workers

The right wing needs a target. They can't "create" anything. They aren't smart. None of their policies work. Hate is all they have. All they can do. Something they are very successful at.

Gays
Muslims
Hispanics
Blacks
Feminists
Scientists
College Professors

most recently

Teachers
Nurses
Middle class workers

The right wing needs a target. They can't "create" anything. They aren't smart. None of their policies work. Hate is all they have. All they can do. Something they are very successful at.
You're right I needs some targets care to meet me on the range one day?:lol:

Gays
Muslims
Hispanics
Blacks
Feminists
Scientists
College Professors

most recently

Teachers
Nurses
Middle class workers

I'm a middle class worker and I don't feel like a target and most, no all of my friends are Republicans.

Gays
Muslims
Hispanics
Blacks
Feminists
Scientists
College Professors

most recently

Teachers
Nurses
Middle class workers

You're right I needs some targets care to meet me on the range one day?:lol:

Spoken like a truly Little Redneck Racist Bigot in NC.

I don't give shit if like me, you find homosexual sex to be bad, disgusting or immoral for religious reasons, those are personal choices and views and should be kept to yourselves and not to be used and wielded as political weapons. Bashing homosexual sex isn't going to lower the deficit, created jobs, provided equal access to health care and protect the rights of workers, its all a bunch of bullshit to take people's attention away from the issues I typed above.

I don't give shit if like me, you find homosexual sex to be bad, disgusting or immoral for religious reasons, those are personal choices and views and should be kept to yourselves and not to be used and wielded as political weapons. Bashing homosexual sex isn't going to lower the deficit, created jobs, provided equal access to health care and protect the rights of workers, its all a bunch of bullshit to take people's attention away from the issues I typed above.

Yep.

But..........fear of the unknown is the GOP's stock in trade.

Really..........how much do you think conservatives actually KNOW about gays?

Yep.

They know the closet real well.

Please prove that Democrats gay bait. Thank you. What Democrats do is point out the hypocrisy when right wing anti-gay homophobes get busted having gay sex.

Hypocrisy over social issues is a Republican standard. What is BAD is for you to have the NERVE to point out that hypocrisy.

Yep.

Just the Socially Conservative. The Financially Conservative and Constitutionally conservative know that kind of stuff is NO BUSINESS of government.

Whatever one finds to be personally disgusting or offensive should not be politicized, but thats what Repugs do, to get votes they never tackle the issues, they always look for people to bully and pick on as scapegoats, gays are just one of many they pick on, great job Repugs, you proved that you can bash gays, what an accomplishment :rolleyes: What have gays done to cause a deficits, loss of jobs and a financial crisis? what about bad mortgages?

Whatever one finds to be personally disgusting or offensive should not be politicized, but thats what Repugs do, to get votes they never tackle the issues, they always look for people to bully and pick on as scapegoats, gays are just one of many they pick on, great job Repugs, you proved that you can bash gays, what an accomplishment :rolleyes: What have gays done to cause a deficits, loss of jobs and a financial crisis? what about bad mortgages?

Please continue living in your fantasy world. As long as you are there, the adults can accomplish things.

I know hard core Democrats that are picket sign waving union members that hate gays.
Discrimination against gays and lesbians knows no party affiliation.
True conservatives support equal rights for everyone and want government out of the private lives of all Americans be it gay whatever.

Forum List

Back