Why are Republicans allergic to Conservatism

Valox

Dec 1, 2011
Ron Paul is the most Conservative candidate running since Goldwater, yet Republicans are allergic to him and rather support RINO's. In fact, Republicans were allergic to Goldwater too.

For all the talk about Republicans who claim that they are Conservative, they certainly don't show it when election time comes. In fact, their statist colors shine through. No wonder Republicans increase the government and debt every time they are in power, yet hypocritically bitch about government and spending when they are out of power.

Republicans are allergic to conservatism.

Republicans bitch about big government, yet nominate big government candidates, then preach to the American people about the values of conservatism.

It is dizzying. Republicans don't know Conservatism if it bit them on the ass.

Republicans bitch about big government, yet nominate big government candidates, then preach to the American people about the values of conservatism.

Right,

Watching Santorum in the debates say that he is for the federal government and dissing Paul shows what kind of a conservative he is. He voted 5 times for debt ceiling raises and won't cut a ding thing.

The republicans in general are better then the rats on energy, social issues and a few other issues, but are big spenders. Look at the Bush's.

Right,

Watching Santorum in the debates say that he is for the federal government and dissing Paul shows what kind of a conservative he is. He voted 5 times for debt ceiling raises and won't cut a ding thing.

The republicans in general are better then the rats on energy, social issues and a few other issues, but are big spenders. Look at the Bush's.

And Republicans love these big government assholes. Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, etc.

It is like they are addicted to them.

I'm sorry, but while some of Pauls ideas are good, I cannot trust him with the security of the United States.

I know, you believe in neocon FP.

We already had this discussion.

1) Ron Paul is not conservative. He's libertarian. Nothing wrong with that but there is a difference. Equating the two does a disservice for political discourse.
2) Ron Paul's foreign policy is not conservative at all. Which is probably why he gets along with Soros policy pushers on foreign policy. As much as it might be nice to get out of the middle east, that will be completely impossibly without preparing the American economy to do so by getting us the hell off middle eastern oil.
3) Ron Paul attracts some of the most arrogant, irrational people around. And while some of them are decent people, the nutjobs turn normal people off to him.
4) Ron Paul doesn't recognize that it's taken 100 years of the progressive cancer to get to this point and we can't roll it back overnight. He provides no stepping stones for how to rolls us back.

There are countless others. The lie that Ron Paul is the most conservative/only conservative being pushed by the Paulites reinforces point 3. And quite frankly this cult of personality surounding him is downright dangerous.

I could respect Goldwater, his beliefs at least had a logical consistency, not this crazy quilt mixture of libertarianism, police state fascism, bad religion and free market dogma they have pulled together to get people to vote for good old fashioned crooks.

1) Ron Paul is not conservative. He's libertarian. Nothing wrong with that but there is a difference. Equating the two does a disservice for political discourse.
2) Ron Paul's foreign policy is not conservative at all. Which is probably why he gets along with Soros policy pushers on foreign policy. As much as it might be nice to get out of the middle east, that will be completely impossibly without preparing the American economy to do so by getting us the hell off middle eastern oil.
3) Ron Paul attracts some of the most arrogant, irrational people around. And while some of them are decent people, the nutjobs turn normal people off to him.
4) Ron Paul doesn't recognize that it's taken 100 years of the progressive cancer to get to this point and we can't roll it back overnight. He provides no stepping stones for how to rolls us back.

There are countless others. The lie that Ron Paul is the most conservative/only conservative being pushed by the Paulites reinforces point 3. And quite frankly this cult of personality surounding him is downright dangerous.

1. According to the Conservative icon, Reagan, "I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism". However, Republicans hate this fact.

2. I know, Republicans love nation building and big government. It carries on in the spirit of big government loving Republicans.

3. yawn.....I do believe it was you that made the last supercilious statement combined with passive aggressive behavior, but we are uncivil and can't hold a conversation....ok.

4. Ron Paul is very moderate and never called for a rollback overnight. Plus, you need to learn how the government operates. Even if Paul called for radicalism, he needs approval from Congress and certainly big government Conservatives will not give him approval.

Plus, in all your bitching, you never accepted the fact that you love big government Republicans. At least be honest.

Last edited:

Very good points. Especially about the steps which must be taken to comfortably impliment any change.

Frequently I have a difficult time with the line between Libertarian and Conservative. My joke is Conservatives believe in random radical laws in every state long as they all are different.

Would it be true to say an actual Constitutional Conservative does not give a darn about abortion but does feel it is not Washington D.C.s job to decide on the law but each and every state's right but a Republican Party Member believes in using the iron fist of Washington D.C. to outlaw it? Where a Libertarian does not think any state should make any law concerning abortion?

1. According to the Conservative icon, Reagan, "I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism". However, Republicans hate this fact.

Not at all. We just realize that because the heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism, that doesn't mean all of conservative is libertarianism. We agree with one another on countless instances. We have similiar desires and goals. We have different methods of pursuing them.

2. I know, Republicans love nation building and big government. It carries on in the spirit of big government loving Republicans.

I haven't said anything about nation building or big government. Conservatives don't want either. But neither are we going to ignore real threats to our nations interests and avoid war completely. Nor are we going to ignore the fact that until we have a real self sufficiency in energy, we are reliant on the middle east and our military is the only thing that keep our economy steady.

3. yawn.....I do believe it was you that made the last supercilious statement combined with passive aggressive behavior, but we are uncivil and can't hold a conversation....ok.

You've just made my point.

4. Ron Paul is very moderate and never called for a rollback overnight. Plus, you need to learn how the government operates. Even if Paul called for radicalism, he needs approval from Congress and certainly big government Conservatives will not give him approval.

There has been absolutely nothing moderate about Ron Paul's suggestions. I am aware taht he needs approval by Congress. Which is why the Paulite fantasy that Paul is going to get into office and everything is going to be solved is a fantasy.

Plus, in all your bitching, you never accepted the fact that you love big government Republicans. At least be honest.

I can't be honest by telling a lie.

Neither can you.

Would it be true to say an actual Constitutional Conservative does not give a darn about abortion but does feel it is not Washington D.C.s job to decide on the law but each and every state's right but a Republican Party Member believes in using the iron fist of Washington D.C. to outlaw it? Where a Libertarian does not think any state should make any law concerning abortion?

I think that could be a fair example. A conservative would argue that it's a state issue, even if we are pro life. But there would also be flexibility for pro choice conservatives to likewise argue that it's a State issue.

Not at all. We just realize that because the heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism, that doesn't mean all of conservative is libertarianism. We agree with one another on countless instances. We have similiar desires and goals. We have different methods of pursuing them.

What are these different method and goals?

I haven't said anything about nation building or big government. Conservatives don't want either. But neither are we going to ignore real threats to our nations interests and avoid war completely. Nor are we going to ignore the fact that until we have a real self sufficiency in energy, we are reliant on the middle east and our military is the only thing that keep our economy steady.

Current Republican Foreign Policy is preemptive war and nation building. How is that limited government?

You say that you pursue real threats, but you don't. You couldn't even kill OBL in 8 years, trillions of dollars later, and thousands of lives. Yet, when Obama kills him, he is considered weak on foreign policy.

Republicans have their heads up their asses.

There has been absolutely nothing moderate about Ron Paul's suggestions. I am aware taht he needs approval by Congress. Which is why the Paulite fantasy that Paul is going to get into office and everything is going to be solved is a fantasy.

What is so radical about Paul? Ending the income tax...lol.

Heck Paul wouldn't even end Medicare or SS, yet he is radical. Nor would he end the Fed, but make it more transparent.

Yeah, really fucking radical.

Last edited:
For all the talk about Republicans who claim that they are Conservative, they certainly don't show it when election time comes. In fact, their statist colors shine through. No wonder Republicans increase the government and debt every time they are in power, yet hypocritically bitch about government and spending when they are out of power.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back