Why are poorest states mostly GOP; Richest mostly Dem???

Probably because Dems value education more than Reps and spend accordingly. ignorant people don't thrive.

So you're not taking care of our black friends like you say you are? Because they sure as hell aren't "thriving".

Of course they are, I mean look at places like Chicago and LA, they can afford the best guns and ammo to blow each other away with. With the number of Maobama voters dying in Chicago I'm surprised he's still ahead in ILL.

"The party that identifies itself as home to labor unions and middle-class families might be in for a wake-up call. A recent report from The Heritage Foundation says that the Democratic Party is the new "party of the rich."
A review of Internal Revenue Service data conducted by Michael Franc, vice president of government relations at Heritage — a conservative think-tank — found that Democrats control the majority of the country's wealthiest congressional jurisdictions, and that more than half of the most affluent households are located in the 18 states where Democrats control both Senate seats."Heritage Foundation Study Finds Democrats Represent More Wealthy Districts Than Republicans | Fox NewsSee I can find articles on the Internet that say just the opposite.
That's what makes a democrat, a democrat. They are fighting to raise their own taxes and fight against their own personal interests, as it's the right thing to do to better the nation.
Republicans are greedy bastards that want to rape the poor and middle class as much as they can to better the richest of the rich.

The democrats want to help pave the way so everyone has the opportunity to be as successful as they are.

But I thought the rich don't pay taxes cuz of tax shelters and off shore accounts. Let's see John Kerry for example: remember him? He is a multi millionaire and he paid what again?

Oh that's right 13%.

Hmmm I smell smoke. Is that your brain exploding from ignorance?

Both parties made a shift in the mid '60s. The south went from traditional democrat to republican. Can't equate modern democrat party to the pre 1960s.
As far as dems love the rich? Which party signed the "no tax increase pledge to Grover Norquist? Which party looks down on food stamps, Head start, Unions, public education etc. Which candidate put down the 47% which helped sink his candidacy?

Ain't it obvious? Republicans actually do help the poor, Democrats keep the poor.

Republicans are most of the poor. They get their welfare checks and hate everyone else that gets one as well.

Democrats love the rich and hate the poor, just as they loved the masters and hated the slaves, except to use them.

One of the comments at the link is interesting.

Don't get too excited about this list until you check out how statistics can be misused.

According to this list Utah is the 8th richest state. But in per capita income it is the 3rd poorest.

Why the difference? This list is an average of annual HOUSEHOLD income over the last three years, not per capita income in 2010 alone.

States with large households look richer and states with small households look poorer.

Link

Only two of those states are outside the top ten states of blacks by percentage of population.

At number one, Mississippi is over 37% black.

And blacks, as a demographic, are much poorer than whites.

And how is that at all relevant?

You seriously need that explained to you? Is your bias that dense?

"Gosh, Wilma, a high concentration of blacks can't possibly have anything to do with findings of high rates of poverty! It hasta be somethin' else! It just hasta!"

Actually, if anything, the bias is on your part. I understand what you're saying. What you fail to understand is that what you're saying is illogical. All you've done is cite a correlating set of statistics, and presented it as a causal factor for the first set of statistics, when in fact no causal connection exists.

Being black does not cause poverty. Therefore, a high concentration of black people does not cause a region to be a generally poorer region than those regions with low concentrations of black people. The correlating facts that a given state is comparatively impoverished next to other states, as well as the fact that it has a comparatively high concentration of black people, are two separate facts with common causal factors.

For example, daily running can cause improved cardiovascular function. It can also cause increased lower muscle strain when we add other factors such as overexertion or poor diet or some other circumstance. Your argument amounts to saying, "Of course these states have the highest prevalence of improved cardiovascular function, they're also the states with the most frequent muscle strains."

America's 10 Poorest States: 24/7 Wall St.

If the Democrats only vote to give more free shit to the poor....why are their states usually more wealthy? And if GOP policies are truly meant to make everyone wealthier, to REALLY help the poor by getting them jobs.......then why are the poorest states so RED???

Poorest: Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, W Virginia, Louisiana, South Carolina (look at the pic, they have the yellow "Dont Tread on Me" flag flying ABOVE their own state flag what a bunch of yahoos), Kentucky, Alabama, North Carolina.

America’s Richest States - 24/7 Wall St.

Richest: Maryland, Alaska, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Virginia, Hawaii, Delaware, California.

With the exception of Alaska....few of the richest states seem to hold a high number of...Tea Partiers. But among the poorest states.....seems there is a Tea Party every weekend.

I dont get it. Seems the poorest states would be filled with the most Democrats (vote to give more to the poor) and the richest states would vote to give less aid to the poor and be filled with Republicans.

G-d, guns and gays... that's why

Don't get too excited about this list until you check out how statistics can be misused.

According to this list Utah is the 8th richest state. But in per capita income it is the 3rd poorest.

Why the difference? This list is an average of annual HOUSEHOLD income over the last three years, not per capita income in 2010 alone.

States with large households look richer and states with small households look poorer.

Link

not really.... it's just someone who is trying to make excuses...

like you

California and Connecticut are rich because of defense contracts.

Connecticut is also the insurance capital of the world. The financial and insurance services sector earned 40 percent of corporate profits this decade.

yBpVU.jpg

I think there's a reason why many conservatives are so anti-poor!

:D

And when he gets his ass handed to him, I gusss you'll blame yourself. After all he's continually showing his ignorance when he's off the prompter. That has to be your falult.

And in the grand tradition of stupid Texans, you show yourself to be a stupid Texan. You're new around here so I'll fill you in. I'm not going to be voting for Obama. I'm not a supporter of Obama. But I detest all the stupid blabbering idiots like you have been doing for months, because all it's done is make Obama stronger.

Link

not really.... it's just someone who is trying to make excuses...

like you

Are the facts the reader offered false? I have no dog in this fight so why would I make excuses? It's just another poll reporting data. No biggie. The thing about these snapshots of demographics and stats is the devil is in the details that are often not offered.

Connecticut is also the insurance capital of the world. The financial and insurance services sector earned 40 percent of corporate profits this decade.

yBpVU.jpg

Does that mean that many liberals are pro-poor? :D

Flip side and all.

If the Democrats only vote to give more free shit to the poor....why are their states usually more wealthy? And if GOP policies are truly meant to make everyone wealthier, to REALLY help the poor by getting them jobs.......then why are the poorest states so RED???

Poorest: Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, W Virginia, Louisiana, South Carolina (look at the pic, they have the yellow "Dont Tread on Me" flag flying ABOVE their own state flag what a bunch of yahoos), Kentucky, Alabama, North Carolina.

Richest: Maryland, Alaska, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Virginia, Hawaii, Delaware, California.

With the exception of Alaska....few of the richest states seem to hold a high number of...Tea Partiers. But among the poorest states.....seems there is a Tea Party every weekend.

I dont get it. Seems the poorest states would be filled with the most Democrats (vote to give more to the poor) and the richest states would vote to give less aid to the poor and be filled with Republicans.

Because the southern states have a larger population of blacks and other minorities who tend to be on the lower end of the economic scale.

Because the southern states have a larger population of blacks and other minorities who tend to be on the lower end of the economic scale.

That makes absolutely no sense. 90 percent of the black vote goes to the party of slavery.

yBpVU.jpg

Flip side and all.

I am good with being anti-poor. Kind of like being anti-anything. I don't want people being poor. As you point out the Democrats are definitely pro-poor.

Worth a read.

State data is essentially meaningless. There are many reasons why "red" states can appear poor that have nothing to do with "red" voters. Plus trying to qualify "poor" across states is also a useless metric. $30K a year will get you a lot further in Mississippi than it will in California. But looking at the two, you would assume the person from Mississippi is "poor" and the person from California "rich".

Blame it on the Blacks! I'm sensing a trend here.

yBpVU.jpg

Flip side and all.

I am good with being anti-poor. Kind of like being anti-anything. I don't want people being poor. As you point out the Democrats are definitely pro-poor.

No... by anti-poor you view them as a disgrace in society. You look down upon them... treat them like an enemy who threatens the rich.

You're aristocracy against the peasant rabble, my friend! They're out tilling your fields, and you're powdering your wig.

Last edited:

It is probably because those states have the "evil" corporations taking from the rest of the country....

Because democrats are far less generous than republicans (those that are "poor", are more generous, and are not as greedy).

Because the democrats have learned to steal from the taxpayer, and pay off their constituents to stay in office. The people that vote them into office, don't mind corruption if it is "other people's money" going into their pockets.

Just going by what the occupy crowd would say....

Flip side and all.

No... by anti-poor you view them as a disgrace in society. You look down upon them... treat them like an enemy who threatens the rich.

You're aristocracy against the peasant rabble, my friend! They're out tilling your fields, and you're powdering your wig.

How in the hell do you know what I view on anything? Try speaking for yourself you might sound semi-intelligent.

Forum List

Back