Why are PMs private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I for one could care less if anyone reads my pm's...after all we must all agree anything is possible on internet...just depends on your expertise...so if ya want to remain anonymouse(pun) stay outta internet...just a word to the wise....as some terrorist have found out the hard way....humm! :huh:

archangel said:
personally I for one could care less if anyone reads my pm's...after all we must all agree anything is possible on internet...just depends on your expertise...so if ya want to remain anonymouse(pun) stay outta internet...just a word to the wise....as some terrorist have found out the hard way....humm! :huh:

I don't think I have ever said anything so personal that it would matter a whole lot,or that would matter if a mod or somebody did read...I hope-lol!!!Just kidding!!!!

jimnyc said:
Should someone not believe me, and feel there PM system is somehow monitored or violated - then feel free not to use the system. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the damn rumors, yet barely anyone has the common courtesy to just shoot me a PM or email to ask me.

Just read this post, and FWIW, I believe you...

jimnyc said:
Should someone not believe me, and feel there PM system is somehow monitored or violated - then feel free not to use the system. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the damn rumors, yet barely anyone has the common courtesy to just shoot me a PM or email to ask me.

May I add a most emphatic "AMEN!"

This whole business is so ludicrous that it's embarrassing to think that so-called adults can squabble over baseless rumors and the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

If Jim won't come right out and say it, allow me - If you feel that your privacy or your dignity is being abused by someone on this board, contact Jim with your specific information. If all you have to offer to the conversation is idle curiosity and gossip, kindly just put a sock in it and shut the hell up. If these solutions don't satisfy you, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Merlin1047 said:
May I add a most emphatic "AMEN!"

This whole business is so ludicrous that it's embarrassing to think that so-called adults can squabble over baseless rumors and the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

If Jim won't come right out and say it, allow me - If you feel that your privacy or your dignity is being abused by someone on this board, contact Jim with your specific information. If all you have to offer to the conversation is idle curiosity and gossip, kindly just put a sock in it and shut the hell up. If these solutions don't satisfy you, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Pehaps I phrased my question the wrong way and as I have asked before--

Is information recieved via PM considered priviledged? I would gladly share the info I have received HOWEVER the rules seem to imply that to do so would be a breach of the rules. My goal is to STOP rumors from flying around by confronting them directly however If I am to be punished for doing so I would like to know the consequences of my attempts to clear things up.

Whats' with the attitude?? I'm trying to help the situation by clarifying BS and I get told to stick a sock in it?? Would you prefer I NOT share things that I think are detrimental to the board ? If so--then don't ask for my help.

I think we should apply a heap-load of common sense to the issue. If I get a PM talking about hurting the operation of the board, a plan to, or actual harrassment of users, etc, I'd sure-as-shit forward that off to the Admins.

(shrug). Most anything else is nobody's business.

-=d=- said:
I think we should apply a heap-load of common sense to the issue. If I get a PM talking about hurting the operation of the board, a plan to, or actual harrassment of users, etc, I'd sure-as-shit forward that off to the Admins.

(shrug). Most anything else is nobody's business.

Common sense to me is "when you don't understand the rules--ASK"

I did and have been trashed several times for doing so with implications that I'm stupid.

dilloduck said:
Is information recieved via PM considered priviledged? I would gladly share the info I have received HOWEVER the rules seem to imply that to do so would be a breach of the rules. My goal is to STOP rumors from flying around by confronting them directly however If I am to be punished for doing so I would like to know the consequences of my attempts to clear things up.

Generally speaking, anything received via PM should be assumed confidential and NEVER repeated in public areas. Should you receive a PM that somehow involves the integrity of the board or a member - you can forward to a moderator or myself, or just paraphrase what was PM'd to you and we can settle the issues and put them to bed.

dilloduck said:
Common sense to me is "when you don't understand the rules--ASK"

I did and have been trashed several times for doing so with implications that I'm stupid.

Not coming down on you, but this whole issue would have been avoided had you just contacted me via PM/Email if the issue involved the board and I would have cleared things up for you. I think I've made it clear that I am up front and honest with everyone. I have nothing to hide and will be nothing short of truthful in responding to inquiries. It's just that some things are best left to private than in an open forum.

jimnyc said:
Not coming down on you, but this whole issue would have been avoided had you just contacted me via PM/Email if the issue involved the board and I would have cleared things up for you. I think I've made it clear that I am up front and honest with everyone. I have nothing to hide and will be nothing short of truthful in responding to inquiries. It's just that some things are best left to private than in an open forum.

Gotcha--I will PM you regarding all the questions I have about rules.

jimnyc said:
Should you receive a PM that somehow involves the integrity of the board or a member - you can forward to a moderator or myself, or just paraphrase what was PM'd to you and we can settle the issues and put them to bed.
Therefore, PM's are NOT private?

freeandfun1 said:
Therefore, PM's are NOT private?

(sigh). C'mon guys...Please just STOP.

Last time:

Keep your PM's to yourself. Nobody Wants in on whatever Drama may or may not be there.

That said, It falls within the category of a Good USMB Citizen to notify an Admin if you receive a PM which threatens the board. Also, if you receive PMs which are harrassing/threatening against YOU.

Easy. :)

Good grief.. Can't people just let it fucking go already? <b>IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE BOARD ANYMORE, OR DON'T TRUST THE PEOPLE RUNNING IT, LEAVE. QUIT ALL THE DAMNED DRAMA.</b>

I just had to get that out. Sorry.

Shattered said:
Good grief.. Can't people just let it fucking go already? <b>IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE BOARD ANYMORE, OR DON'T TRUST THE PEOPLE RUNNING IT, LEAVE. QUIT ALL THE DAMNED DRAMA.</b>

Very dramtaically said !!!!! ENCORE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shattered said:

Thank you for that!! :)

dilloduck said:
Very dramtaically said !!!!! ENCORE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You're like the board busybody, Dillo. Worse than an old woman with nothing better to do but stare out her window at the neighbors, and then run and call her friend. I think you *start* most of these PM-based rumors.

What's going on behind the scenes is none of your business. If something affects the board, and therefore, affects your account, I'm SURE somebody will tell you. In the mean time, I think you should butt the hell out. But hey - that's just me.

Gabriella isn't D.

Shattered said:
You're like the board busybody, Dillo. Worse than an old woman with nothing better to do but stare out her window at the neighbors, and then run and call her friend. I think you *start* most of these PM-based rumors.

What's going on behind the scenes is none of your business. If something affects the board, and therefore, affects your account, I'm SURE somebody will tell you. In the mean time, I think you should butt the hell out. But hey - that's just me.

Gabriella isn't D.

Thanks--your input means SOOOO much to me. If you have any evidence that I have started ANY rumors I think you should quickly tell Jim---If not, shut the fuck up and quit acting like you have some kind of authority here.

dilloduck said:
Thanks--your input means SOOOO much to me. If you have any evidence that I have started ANY rumors I think you should quickly tell Jim---If not, shut the fuck up and quit acting like you have some kind of authority here.

Did it ever occur to you that people are just sick of your crap? Get a freakin life, already.. Nothing that goes on behind the scenes is ANY of your business - period. Nobody that has any part in running this board is answerable to you for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back