Why are PMs private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
rumors are flying like crazy but if I divulge who told me what I can be banned--right now it might be a good way to find out the truth here and who is spreading BS. Prohibiting private speech also prohibits free speech.

dilloduck said:
rumors are flying like crazy but if I divulge who told me what I can be banned--right now it might be a good way to find out the truth here and who is spreading BS. Prohibiting private speech also prohibits free speech.

Not to be rude, but is there any part of "private" that has escaped you? Seriously? Conversations shouldn't begin with "please don't post this in any open forum".

I don't think they are that private with some people. Everyone knows that there are sudden mood changes, they become must more sensitive to everything, could snap at the smallest thing; nothing men do is right, etc.

Doesn't sound too private to me.

GotZoom said:
I don't think they are that private with some people. Everyone knows that there are sudden mood changes, they become must more sensitive to everything, could snap at the smallest thing; nothing men do is right, etc.

Doesn't sound too private to me.

True, but the same happens in real life, you learn who you can talk to and who you can't. It's happened to me here too.

It seems to me that anything that is titled "Private Messages" are private by definition and were meant to be private.

:dunno:

Unless you get a release from your source it will have to remain in PM. (That doesn't mean you can't generate some PM's of your own ya know!)

dilloduck said:
rumors are flying like crazy but if I divulge who told me what I can be banned--right now it might be a good way to find out the truth here and who is spreading BS.

Not a chance in hell you'd be banned for stepping up and naming names - but I'd do it via PM to Jim and Jim only.

I'm Asking you...no PLEADING with you to tell Jim who the source of the BS is. Seriously, for the sake of the board, dillo.

no1tovote4 said:
It seems to me that anything that is titled "Private Messages" are private by definition and were meant to be private.

Unless you get a release from your source it will have to remain in PM. (That doesn't mean you can't generate some PM's of your own ya know!)

PM = Private Message

Not Public Message

Not Instant Message

-=d=- said:
Not a chance in hell you'd be banned for stepping up and naming names - but I'd do it via PM to Jim and Jim only.

I'm Asking you...no PLEADING with you to tell Jim who the source of the BS is. Seriously, for the sake of the board, dillo.

The source of the BS is the arguing by the higher ups and the ensuing silence---nature abhors a vaacum so itr gets filled up with assumptions and guesses----the mods and the admin or whoevr needs to come clean or the guessing will go on---your just asking for it by YOUR silence

no1tovote4 said:

PM = Private Message

Not Public Message

Not Instant Message

dilloduck said:
The source of the BS is the arguing by the higher ups and the ensuing silence---nature abhors a vaacum so itr gets filled up with assumptions and guesses----the mods and the admin or whoevr needs to come clean or the guessing will go on---your just asking for it by YOUR silence

Silence about WHAT??? seriously...geesh...Look, send me a PM, ask me whatever the hell you want, and I'll tell you.

(shrug). There is no Drama here which hasn't been fueled by somebody, it seems, with an agenda of creating problems - not saying that is YOU...just saying it's somebody.

:beer:

-=d=- said:
Silence about WHAT??? seriously...geesh...Look, send me a PM, ask me whatever the hell you want, and I'll tell you.

(shrug). There is no Drama here which hasn't been fueled by somebody, it seems, with an agenda of creating problems - not saying that is YOU...just saying it's somebody.

:beer:
Gabby was bent on creating problems but people want HER to stay so who cares???--I mean really

-=d=- said:
I'm not sure what you are asking.

Just pointing out a fact---apparently if someone causes a bunch of shit with no real purpose other than that, it is now approved and entertaining behavior. Guess we can expect a lot of that----oh boy--how fun

dilloduck said:
Just pointing out a fact---apparently if someone causes a bunch of shit with no real purpose other than that, it is now approved and entertaining behavior. Guess we can expect a lot of that----oh boy--how fun

What does that have to do with me, dillo?

dilloduck said:

If you get permission from the person who sent you a PM to divulge that info, it's no longer private, and you can share all you want.

dilloduck said:

If you want to know why Sir Evil is gone, I suggest you ask Jim, as he is the only one with "rank" enough to do such a thing.

gop_jeff said:
If you want to know why Sir Evil is gone, I suggest you ask Jim, as he is the only one with "rank" enough to do such a thing.

Jim distinctly stated that SE was to be left out of this conversation so I guess I already said too much. Never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back