Why are pictures of Ghaffadi's body all over the news, but Ben-Laden's were not?

We went over this.

The US military is restrained by US Law and custom.

The Libyan rebels aren't that squeamish. they had a lot of fun making him dead, and lots of folks wanted to see the corpse and give it a bit of abuse.

We went over this.

The Libyan rebels aren't that squeamish. they had a lot of fun making him dead, and lots of folks wanted to see the corpse and give it a bit of abuse.

I see.

You are saying that the Lybians rebels had the right to demand confirmation while the US populace is narcotized.

I concur.

Simple really; in the case of Gadaffi they pulled the trigger, and they need to see it for closure. In the case of Bin Laden, we pulled the trigger and we don't necessarily want them to have closure.

Simple really; in the case of Gadaffi they pulled the trigger, and they need to see it for closure. In the case of Bin Laden, we pulled the trigger and we don't necessarily want them to have closure.

In the case of Ghadaffi, we stopped him with a drone strike..... so basically we handed him to the Lybian rebels.

How is that different?

Yep..... we certainly took the moral high ground huh? :eusa_eh:

OK, so the Obama administration didn't have the pictures.

Nope.... Obama has it in his trophy case :lol:

At least we didnt waterboard either of them :eusa_whistle:

We went over this.

I see.

You are saying that the Lybians rebels had the right to demand confirmation while the US populace is narcotized.

I concur.

Did not say that at all.

I said the US is a nation of laws.

Right now Libya is just a chaotic mess. Legal niceties don't matter much right now over there. Legal niceties, for good and ill, are how we do things. It is annoying sometimes, but we are safer for all that. I don't think I want to live in the kind of place Libya is becoming .

Did not say that at all.

Right now Libya is just a chaotic mess. Legal niceties don't matter much right now over there. Legal niceties, for good and ill, are how we do things. It is annoying sometimes, but we are safer for all that. I don't think I want to live in the kind of place Libya is becoming .

Yep, thats why we sent in a drone to attack him, and let the Lybians do what they do.

Kind of like we hand bad guys over to countries that dont care about the rule of law.

We cant stomach it.

Shit, we might as well have pulled the trigger ourselves.

Did not say that at all.

Yep, thats why we sent in a drone to attack him, and let the Lybians do what they do.

Kind of like we hand bad guys over to countries that dont care about the rule of law.

We cant stomach it.

Shit, we might as well have pulled the trigger ourselves.

If we tried to stop it...It's quite likely that we would of made the rebels angery to start shooting at us. Not worth it. The rebels had their victory...That is the way it was.

Last edited:
We went over this.

I see.

I concur.

lol wow while I agree with part of what you are saying it was a bit borderline dickish because he on the other hand was right too

Many people in this board like to follow Ron Paul. I would like to hear how they feel on this because I'm a Paul supporter but at the same time I feel people like what he says but then they don't when they see it in practice. I don't know how Paul would handle killing Osama, maybe he would say we have done enough about 9/11 and let him be or maybe he would kill him, or maybe he would capture him. However, if he killed him I doubt I could see him releasing pictures of him dead giving a chance to infuriate the opposition. Everyone talks about how about we stop angering other nations and people yet this is the text book way of doing that.

It's tough to say its necessarily useful because one could say anybody who would be angered by that probably already are plotting, supporting or harboring. I don't know maybe some normal fundamentalist or devout Islamist would be upset, I don't know many muslims. I don't know if they would say who care was he an asshole or just be upset regardless. Additionally they had to dump him soon because of Islamic law, and that is the same reasoning.

And again, I feel divided, I feel he either isn't dead or he was possibly already dead. A lot of people, and their are some people who really worked home land security in lower levels who believed he was dead. Some say Tora Bora others say their is no way he could survive that long with his kidneys. I don't know if I woulda of liked to look but I'd be confident if it was released others would be able to determine it is him.

The whole way it went down. For releasing the team, pictures and making a movie this was sure the only part where they decided to stick to laws, codes, and the text book way of doing things.

Libya was them doing their thing. It's kinda like how black people can call each other the N word but white people can't say it. It's ok if they cross and break their own rules but they will flip out if we do. They are morons there, I guess its not their fault but its becoming increasingly tough to say it isn't. Self determination is spreading, they have had a great resource to have as well as the internet which can truly educate people, give them a fairer playing field, and the ability to do so much. If they blow this it will truly display just how much the people are to blame for that region and end all the dumbass excuses they can doll out blaming everyone but themselves.

Last edited:
If we tried to stop it...It's quite likely that we would of made the rebels angery to start shooting at us. Not worth it. The rebels had their victory...That is the way it was.

They would have had nothing w/o our help.

Sorry to say it, but we are'nt better off.

Dont get me wrong, I am glad that bastard is dead, but our hands are not clean.

Forum List

Back