Why are people in America so obsessed with (crappy) Mexican food?

Mexican food is by far the best food on earth.

Just correctly prepaired beans and rice is heaven to me. A little extra sharp chees and a warm flour tortilla and Oh man Im having an Epicurian delight.

Tacos are good and can be made in an amazing amount of ways. My favorites are rellenos, burritos and enchiladas.

A burrito with a relleno in it covered with enchilada sauce is the ultimate taste experience for me.

Damn it now Im hungry.

Never been to a Wahoo's Fish Taco restaurant, have you??

I thought pretty much the same thing until visiting Wahoo's.

never been. There must be lots of other choices around than FISH tacos.

nice avatar, btw. great movie.

I love Mexican-American food! Mmm, mmm. Each meal takes about a week off your life, though.

When I was in junior high school, I participated in a student exchange with a family from Mexico. The first night he was here, we took him to Taco Bell for a joke. He had the same opinion as you.

I like authentic Mexican food, having been to Mexico City a few times. I made a mole last night but my wife didn't like it. :eusa_eh:

Oh, and I made a breakfast burrito this morning

Last edited:
I love Mexican-American food! Mmm, mmm. Each meal takes about a week off your life, though.

When I was in junior high school, I participated in a student exchange with a family from Mexico. The first night he was here, we took him to Taco Bell for a joke. He had the same opinion as you.

I like authentic Mexican food, having been to Mexico City a few times. I made a mole last night but my wife didn't like it. :eusa_eh:

Oh, and I made a breakfast burrito this morning

Mole is yummy.

Never been to a Wahoo's Fish Taco restaurant, have you??

I thought pretty much the same thing until visiting Wahoo's.

Yes and Rubio's. Both are very good,if you like fish taco's or lobster burritos. Being from New Mexico,it sounded disgusting at first,but the baja type taco's are really good..glad I tried them.

never been. There must be lots of other choices around than FISH tacos.

nice avatar, btw. great movie.

I pictured fish tacos a lot differently then they are,which was why I didn't like the sound of them.

If I remember correctly..they are served on a soft shell,with raw cabbage,tomato,cheese,cilantro,a tartar sauce type dressing,lemon,and the fish is deep fried.

I pictured fish tacos a lot differently then they are,which was why I didn't like the sound of them.

If I remember correctly..they are served on a soft shell,with raw cabbage,tomato,cheese,cilantro,a tartar sauce type dressing,lemon,and the fish is deep fried.

The fish can be broiled as well, in fact, it usually is in the better restaurants. You can substitute rice for the cabbage, add a little salsa..

Dang, now I'm getting hungry, too.

The fish can be broiled as well, in fact, it usually is in the better restaurants. You can substitute rice for the cabbage, add a little salsa..

Dang, now I'm getting hungry, too.

Don't they usually come with black beans and white rice on the side. I remember it not being the mexican rice and pinto beans I'm used to anyway..

Now I'm going to have to try and find a place here that serves them..darn it.

Mexican food is by far the best food on earth.

Just correctly prepaired beans and rice is heaven to me. A little extra sharp chees and a warm flour tortilla and Oh man Im having an Epicurian delight.

Tacos are good and can be made in an amazing amount of ways. My favorites are rellenos, burritos and enchiladas.

A burrito with a relleno in it covered with enchilada sauce is the ultimate taste experience for me.

Damn it now Im hungry.

Women talking about stuffing their faces with beans is not attractive.

Anyone in the southern Arizona area, particularly Tuscon, check out a place called Nico's. Best tacos in the country.

Last edited:
Fish tacos are the BEST.

You can use any kind of fish in them, including battered and fried fish. I've had them in flour and corn tortillas (soft corn tortillas and crunchy).

I've had salmon and white-fleshed fish in them (halibut).

They are the bomb.

When I fixed salmon fish tacos, I actually used (very good) canned salmon. I made them for my bro-in-law who was on his lunch break when I was over at my sister's. I chopped up cilantro, onion, heated the salmon pronto with cumin and threw in chopped tomatoes. Served in heated corn tortilla.

He slurped it up. And of course he would because it was AWESOME.

Also have had fish tacos at taco time, was sort of scared but they were really, really good. They used halibut.

Have had a few different seafood dishes here and there prepared by Mexicans and they are without exception awesome. There's something about cumin and some of the other stuff that lends itself to fish.

Women talking about stuffing their faces with beans is not attractive.

Because, of course, everything women ever do in their lives is aimed directly at being attractive to you. God forbid they ever just be human beings and live their lives for their own purposes and pleasure.

Originally posted by Cecilie1200
Because, of course, everything women ever do in their lives is aimed directly at being attractive to you. God forbid they ever just be human beings and live their lives for their own purposes and pleasure.

Cecilie, please, just ignore Paulitics.

The guy is a crypto-perv.

Just like me :D

Forum List

Back