Why are Obama supporters trying to give the win to McCain?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
What is up with the repeated hatred by Obama supporters toward Hillary and Hillary supporters? Many of them have spent months calling Hillary a racist, calling her a race-baiter, calling her a bitch, saying she enables a serial rapist...and on and on and on.

It seems to me they are intent on splitting the party beyond repair. I got asked to leave the blog of someone whose opinion I admired simply because I'd stick up for what to me were totally unfounded slurs about Hillary. I never once criticized Obama on the site. The guy actually had the nerve to tell me that the reason everyone supported Obama was because he was so inclusive. He never saw the irony in his statement.

What do you think?

The problem with Obama's supporters are that they are predominantly made up of the "intelligentsia" and college kids (leaving out the black vote for a minute b/c that's a different issue) and those particular types of people can't understand why anyone would question their better judgment, dammit... lol...

The real problem? They're making Hillary supporters feel like red-staters. And you and I know how dumb that is.

The problem with Obama's supporters are that they are predominantly made up of the "intelligentsia" and college kids (leaving out the black vote for a minute b/c that's a different issue) and those particular types of people can't understand why anyone would question their better judgment, dammit... lol...

The real problem? They're making Hillary supporters feel like red-staters. And you and I know how dumb that is.

It is dumb, especially in light of the fact that on the issues Obama and Hillary are almost twins.

What is up with the repeated hatred by Obama supporters toward Hillary and Hillary supporters? Many of them have spent months calling Hillary a racist, calling her a race-baiter, calling her a bitch, saying she enables a serial rapist...and on and on and on.

I guess flame is in the eye of the beholder. :eusa_whistle:

I see a lot of crap from both sides, but because Obama supporters are younger and more intense, they do seem to get nastier. Also, older voters remember a time before Newt Gingrich and his odious GOPAC Letter elevated nasty, divisive campaigning to an art, and people could disagree without being so disagreeable. Younger voters were raised on Drudge and GOP sludge.

I voted for Clinton on Super Tuesday, but later switched to Obama. I saw her as more experienced and more electable, and I viewed Bill as an asset on the one thing that mattered the most - cleaning up after Bush.

I began to question my vote when she suggested that she and McCain were ready to be President, and Obama was not. Had Clinton stuck to attacking McCain or highlighting policy differences, I don't think the tone would have gotten so negative.

And now that her chances of winning the nomination are almost zero, many see her continued campaign as an effort to kneecap Obama in November, elect McCain, and leave the nomination open for her in 2012. It's hard to entertain that possibility without getting seriously pissed off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - If it were up to me alone, I would still put Hillary at the top of the ticket and let Obama get more experience as her VP. I believe in party building.

I see a lot of crap from both sides, but because Obama supporters are younger and more intense, they do seem to get nastier. Also, older voters remember a time before Newt Gingrich and his odious GOPAC Letter elevated nasty, divisive campaigning to an art, and people could disagree without being so disagreeable. Younger voters were raised on Drudge and GOP sludge.

I voted for Clinton on Super Tuesday, but later switched to Obama. I saw her as more experienced and more electable, and I viewed Bill as an asset on the one thing that mattered the most - cleaning up after Bush.

I began to question my vote when she suggested that she and McCain were ready to be President, and Obama was not. Had Clinton stuck to attacking McCain or highlighting policy differences, I don't think the tone would have gotten so negative.

And now that her chances of winning the nomination are almost zero, many see her continued campaign as an effort to kneecap Obama in November, elect McCain, and leave the nomination open for her in 2012. It's hard to entertain that possibility without getting seriously pissed off.

:clap2:

mmkay, but you are assuming all her supporters are older voters. That doesn't hold true among my acquaintances, but it is a valid point.

Why do they see it as an effort to kneecap Obama...imo it's because that is what the right is telling them to think.

It's the only logical conclusion.

He's up 1% in pledge delegates. The logical conclusion is that the punditocracy said "screw you" to half the dems.

Ah, so you've changed your opinion on the supers calling the race. That doesn't surprise me.

Why don't you give a stab at answering my question.

Forum List

Back