Why are non believers working so hard to win

Are non-believers trying to win Christians over?

I'm a Christian and I'm not experiencing any of that.

slam dunk.

I'm a non-believer and it goes both ways. Maybe once every five years does someone come to my door, and I politely tell them no thanks and it's over.

Sometimes there's ppl being idiots outside a sports stadium, easy to walk passed and ignore.

There's not really any prostelyzing from any religion that isn't easy to avoid or ignore if that's your desire, at least in this country.

Are non-believers trying to win Christians over?

I'm a Christian and I'm not experiencing any of that.

slam dunk.

I can't even imagine what he's talking about.

Atheists are working hard to try to eliminate any mention of religion from their own lives, even to the point of depriving believers, but trying to win us over? Sorry, I just don't see it.

Why are so many non believers offended by Christians and the bible and the values we take from the bible ?

I don't think you've understood the nature of the offense. Most non-believers aren't big fans of any organized religion (be it buddhism, hinduism, islam, Judaism, or Christianity). However, on a predominantly American/Canadian listserv, the average poster is going to have about 15 times more encounters with Christians as they are practitioners of any other religion.

It's not Christianity that annoys the average non-believer, it's Christians. And, people like you are a good example of why that happens.

Why are so many non believers offended by Christians and the bible and the values we take from the bible ?

I don't think you've understood the nature of the offense. Most non-believers aren't big fans of any organized religion (be it buddhism, hinduism, islam, Judaism, or Christianity). However, on a predominantly American/Canadian listserv, the average poster is going to have about 15 times more encounters with Christians as they are practitioners of any other religion.

It's not Christianity that annoys the average non-believer, it's Christians. And, people like you are a good example of why that happens.

That's not fair, fundies like YWC should have the right to be offended by any mention of any view other than christianity and should be able to prostelyze 24/7/365. Anyone different shouldn't have that right, that's fair, that's how it should be.

:D

Christians over to their views if it's not an Ideology ?

Who is the master they serve ?

Great questions. Glad you asked. Hard to answer without rambling so try to follow.

First of all, we aren't trying to get you to agree with us. We know that will never happen. We just disagree with you. This is why religion is something we should not be discussing. Its very personal. But the GOP brought it up to use it as a wedge issue. To win over social conservatives to vote against their own finanical interests. So if you are a Republican its either because you are rich or you have been conned.

And here is the kicker. I consider myself a Christian. But I bet if we had a conversation, you would think I'm going to hell. And I have talked to many non practicing Christians and they all seem to agree with me. We don't buy all the stuff you are reading in the Bible. Its been corrupted. Man Made Up. But we were born into Christianity and most of us consider ourselves more spiritual than religious.

Why do right wingers think the only two sins in the bible are gays and abortion?

I find it funny that when I tell my Catholic friend my beliefs, he thinks its blasphomy. Or I assure you that a born again thinks I'm going to hell. But so what? I don't buy what they think. And I have a personal relationship with God. He told me they/you are full of shit.

Most of us serve God. Just not the God you think exists. You have no clue. No one does. All you have is a fairytale.

You don't have any values, other than anti gay and anti abortion. Other than that, if Jesus walked into your church he would overturn the tables and throw a fit at you hypocrites. You ignore 95% of what Jesus said.

We are working so hard to win so you don't impose your beliefs on us. We don't give a rats ass what you believe in private.

Born agains and radical right wing christians think we're all going to hell and we don't think or care what happens to them. So who's imposing themselves on who?

We don't care what you do in your churches or homes. But you care about what we do? Gay sex and abortions. Mind your own business.

Atheists are basically statists who believe the governent is God, and a very jealous God.

Atheists are basically statists who believe the governent is God, and a very jealous God.

I learn more and more about myself every day.

I mean anyone who sees me post knows how much I love gov't and how badly I want it expanded in all areas, how did I not see this?

It's very simple.
In many ways organized religion is harming the world. Take a look at the Muslim world , scientifically and morally they are lagging behind modern society. This is solely because of religion.

People are still dying around the world because of religious conflicts.

That's why if everyone would stopped their concern over imaginary people who live in the sky , and instead start being more concerend with people who live on earth , the world would be a better place.

FREEDOM. Left wing fascists might not care for the "Bill of Rights" and they might try to destroy them but so far we still have the freedom of religion without interference from the government.

I am not offended by Christianity or the Bible but what is offensive is you claiming over and over and over again I am.
I am offended when you presume that it is OK to use the power of government to push your religous beliefs on me.
I will fight you on that and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Christian religion or the Bible.
It has to do with YOU.
You are the one pushing YOUR religous views and presume government should help you. Nothing about Christianity or the Bible.

I hate it when Atheists knock on my door and try to convince me there is no God. I also hate all those atheist networks on TV

They don't have the intestinal fortitude to do such a thing that is why you see them in many religion forums. :razz:

Non believers are trying to get rational thought and FACTS used to guide this country instead of the battleing various myths.

It's a myth to believe man can guide this country or the world.

Man already have you fool.

You see you believe in what you believe in, thats fine with me.

Just dont then take your beliefs and try to force them on everyone in this country.

Its NOT what the founders planned and for good reasons

Fool ? take a look at mans leadership,they have not done so well have they ?

Go ahead put your faith in man.

Born agains and radical right wing christians think we're all going to hell and we don't think or care what happens to them. So who's imposing themselves on who?

We don't care what you do in your churches or homes. But you care about what we do? Gay sex and abortions. Mind your own business.

I am a born again Christian and do not believe Hell is the kind of place that Some Christians and athetieist protray it to be.

But of course with a little study you would see that it is nothing more then mans grave.

It's very simple.
In many ways organized religion is harming the world. Take a look at the Muslim world , scientifically and morally they are lagging behind modern society. This is solely because of religion.

People are still dying around the world because of religious conflicts.

That's why if everyone would stopped their concern over imaginary people who live in the sky , and instead start being more concerend with people who live on earth , the world would be a better place.

I am no fan of organized religion. Moses didn't need it, nor do I. Hmm Abraham didn't need it either.

God is gonna hold many religions accountable just as he will nonbelievers. Babylon the great is referred to as all false religion.

Forum List

Back