Why are morality and religion linked?

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
Darin,

I dont agree. But I can see why you posted as you did. And while I dont agre completely, I still would defend your right to believe as such.

However, I have a feeling that were I to state my complete beleifs here, you wouldnt defend my right to believe as I do.

Oh well.

I still like ya.

What part of anything I have typed leads you to believe I'd argue AGAINST your 'right to believe' whatever you do???

Seriously? That's a HUGE leap from 'Darin views his Faith as the only TRUE path to God'.

wow.

no no no no

Thats not what I meant

ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boo.

This is why politics and religion shouldn't be mixed in a conversation.

you then end up with some people telling you this is gods country and having others try to tell you that you don't understand about religion, or how its used to guide this country.

It throws fuel on an already flammable issue and just causes a whole lot of shit elsewhere.

I am not able to successfully convey what I am meaning, feeling or even wanting to say.

My apologies to anyone that I may have offended.
I think thaat there are 3 people that Ive offended and my most sincere apologies to each of you.

I am not able to successfully convey what I am meaning, feeling or even wanting to say.

My apologies to anyone that I may have offended.
I think thaat there are 3 people that Ive offended and my most sincere apologies to each of you.

Well, I wasn't one of them.
:D

Yeah, KL, boy am I pissed!

j/k... and while my beliefs are much the same as Darin's, he has a much more direct personality than I do.

Edit: hit the button too soon.

I understand what you mean about the interpretation thing. However, I think that the basic facts about Christianity are pretty straightforward if one reads through the Bible.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Yeah, KL, boy am I pissed!

j/k... and while my beliefs are much the same as Darin's, he has a much more direct personality than I do.

Edit: hit the button too soon.

I understand what you mean about the interpretation thing. However, I think that the basic facts about Christianity are pretty straightforward if one reads through the Bible.

That makes 3 of us.

So, while all 3 of us may disagree on a few things, we are all in agreement on the important things, and none are offended.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
This is why politics and religion shouldn't be mixed in a conversation.

you then end up with some people telling you this is gods country and having others try to tell you that you don't understand about religion, or how its used to guide this country.

It throws fuel on an already flammable issue and just causes a whole lot of shit elsewhere.

In other words, if you ignore conflict it goes away? Filthy liberal appeaser!! :slap:

oh its mr right wing man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive missed you my friend!!!!!!

smmmmoooooooooooooooooochhhhhhhhhh!

oh its mr right wing man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive missed you my friend!!!!!!

smmmmoooooooooooooooooochhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah right. I'm as likable as a misdemeanor conviction and 30 days public service.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yeah right. I'm as likable as a misdemeanor conviction and 30 days public service.

At least you didn't make the same faux pax I did yesterday.

what faux pas?

:rolleyes: Oh, I got too hot headed and stupid and irrational...

and called Joz a moron, then gave musicman flack, and had to be roped in by Sir Evil.

Talk about dumb and embarassing.

Once again, an apology to all.

Forum List

Back