Why Are Libs So Hypocritical?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Apr 27, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    As I have shown many times, libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice

2008 Candidates Rely on Private Jets

By JIM KUHNHENN
    Associated Press Writer

April 26, 2007, 6:44 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- A flock of small jets took flight from Washington Thursday, each carrying a Democratic presidential candidate to South Carolina for the first debate of the political season.

For Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of legislation requiring that U.S. troops begin returning home from Iraq in the fall.

No one jet pooled, no one took commercial flights to save money, fuel or emissions.

All but Biden, who flew on a private jet, chartered their flights -- a campaign expense of between $7,500 and $9,000.

Federal Election Commission rules allow candidates to pay only the equivalent of first-class fare to fly on private jets owned by corporations or other special interests. But a Senate ethics bill approved earlier this year would require senators flying on corporate jets to pay full charter rates. The legislation must still be reconciled with a House bill and has yet to become law.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...47,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Now, there's hypocrisy and hypocrisy. Personally I can't get excited about a bunch of wealthy and privileged politicians and their disdain for commercial aircraft but you need to be careful about where you aim the term "hypocrisy". I see to remember in the GOP there's a bit of distance between pronouncements on ethics and sexual behaviour (the latter being no-one's business if it's not unlawful) and the reality. I won't bore everyone with a list, I think the mods would boot me for chewing up bandwith, but RSR if you continually use a very wide brush and dollop it with paint some of it will come back on you.

If you want to ask why these politicians aren't reducing their effect on our environment, fine, make the point. But in doing what you've done you've indicated an acceptance of the dire situation our environment is in. It must be for your to post this. Now if only you could convince AWOL Bush and Five Deferments Cheney oh and a call to Pilonidal Cyst Limbaugh might be useful too.

3. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950

Please remind me of the many times you have shown us "libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice" I can't remember an instance, you may have said it inumerable times, but as we all know, that means diddley squat in the scheme of things.

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    When people tell me how I have to live my life, or lower my standard of living, or how I use to much energy - then turn around and do the fucking opposite - I will call them on it

If it were not for double standards libs would have no standards at all

5. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Clinton, Obama, Dodd and Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of of the surrender bill

No one jet pooled, no one took commercial flights to save money, fuel or emissions.

All but Biden, who flew on a private jet, chartered their flights -- a campaign expense of between $7,500 and $9,000.

Oh, but I'm sure they've invested plenty of carbon offsets into their own companies - or Al Gores company

6. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    What a typical thread by RSR. See an event and make a sweeping over-reaching generalization. I can do that too. Here is a great piece on they hypocrisy of the religious right – so typical of conservatives.

http://www.vindicate.org/

Anyway, Larry Flynt is a hero in my book. He clearly demonstrated the phoniness and moral hypocrisy of the conservative movement.

Don’t you understand that when all things are considered, the liberals and conservatives are, for all practicality, equally phony, hypocritical, and opportunistic. Perhaps the only difference is 1/10 of a percent.

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    EVERYONE is a hypocrite at some point in life. Period.

8. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Typical that I expose how libs say one thing and do another

Guilty as charged

9. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Don't limit it to Liberals. Many conservatives say one thing and do another too. Politicians say one thing and do another. They are all fundamentally the same.

10. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    as far as the issue of "global warming", I do not see any conservatives lecturing us on how to conserve while they do the opposite

Pretty Boy Edwards talks about how America ignores the poor and "Two Americas" while be builds a 30,000 sq ft mansion

I wonder how much energy that place will consume?