Why are Liberals opposed to ordinary people accumulate a million dollar safety net?

Social Security private accounts that are played on the stock market are not risk free, where did you get the false impression that it is?

Before those two programs were passed, poverty among seniors was rampant.

After the Great Depression, our grandparents generation decided that when times get bad again for the next generation, they don't want to see happen to their children what happened to them, which was devastating.

What has saved us through this awful crisis is our social safety net.

This economic crisis would have been far worse without Medicare and Social Security, since if you had a stock market based SS account, it would have evaporated 4 years ago when Republicans crashed the economy.

OBVIOUSLY you have fallen for that OLD CLICHE about RISKY stock market!
Are you aware of this statistic?

Adding up the annual returns from 1975 through 2010, as shown in the Dow Jones Industrial average yearly returns chart, and dividing the result by 36, the number of years covered, you will learn that the Dow appreciated by an average of 9.28 percent annually.

Read more: The Average Stock Market Appreciation Per Year | eHow.com The Average Stock Market Appreciation Per Year | eHow.com

Also NO ONE with the right to CHOOSE has to put into the "risky" stock market!
Can direct it to be put into FDIC insured BETTER then Social security!

finally again... YOU obviously DIDN"T pay attention..
When young you can take risks cause you have time to correct the errors!
When age 40 you move to more secure!
When getting close to retirement MOST of accumulation WOULD NOT be in "risky stock market" but in secure bonds and CDs!

But Obviously you have NO idea of what I describing!

My mother in law lost her retirement with the Arkansas State school system because they invested it with a huge building company in Bella vista, Ark. When the market crashed her retirement she word 35 years for was gone. Hence why the govt. is best when securing a retirement that will not evaporate when the stock market does.

HAHAHAHA...

YOU said the Govt. best securing retirement!!!
WHO controlled her money.. THE GOVT!

I suggest you contact these people:
ARKANSAS TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM - Trustees
at the Arkansas Teachers Retirement System as I have advising them that people like you are saying the system is broke.

AGAIN wild stupid comments like YOURS are so wrong that YOU idiots making these comments KEEP people from accumulating their money!

IDIOTS like you can't read documents like the below so HERE IS A QUICK Synopsis of your stupid idiotic ERRORS in saying.."When the market crashed her retirement she word 35 years for was gone."
YOU are SO f...king stupid!

NET ASSETS HELD IN TRUST FOR PENSION BENEFITS
Beginning of year 9,883,573,998
End of year $ 11,894,877,338

IDIOT!!! that's $11 billion in values an increase by $2 billion from 2010!
http://artrs.gov/Forms/ATRS_2011_Annual_Report.pdf

WHERE idiot do you see ANY LOSS for your MOTHER?

...his calculation does not include inflation which wipes out most if not all of the gain...
That's political hack talk, the kind we hear from helpless Democrat communities that need some leader to 'organize' them. In the mean time free hard working people handle their money like they've done for hundreds of years:
histrally.gif

The 'community organizer' gang can't manage it's own money, they won't listen to reason, and now they want to grab the life savings of those of us that have been self supporting.

...If you're fifty or so you need around 3.5 million minimum...
That kind of community organizer talk makes me want to puke; seems they always know what everyone 'needs'. Time for a reality check. It's none of their business what I need because that's for me to decide. Those slime-balls have got to keep their stinkin' hands off my savings!

Forum List

Back