Why Are Liberals Afraid of Anti-Big Government Groups?

$images-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Simple answer, because they are not really liberals.

Oh yes, because anyone who disagrees with the tea party folk and especially some of the members very ignorant views are not Liberals.

Way to go there KK! :clap2:

Simple answer, because they are not really liberals.

Oh yes, because anyone who disagrees with the tea party folk and especially some of the members very ignorant views are not Liberals.

Way to go there KK! :clap2:

Learn about protesting in history moron. It's not that they are against the views of the protesters, that's all fine and dandy, the problem is that they are against the protesting.

I suspect most liberals are not afraid of anti Big Government Groups; liberals, moderates and sane conservatives are concerned that within these groups are insane, gun totting neoconservative fools. It pays to be alert and take obvious precautions for too many on the far right are stupid, armed and filled with hate and fear. The only thing worse is when they're also drunk or show up at your church.

Learn about protesting in history moron. It's not that they are against the views of the protesters, that's all fine and dandy, the problem is that they are against the protesting.

Who's they? Liberals? Democrats?

Do realize before you throw out the word "moron" that the majority of Democrats are not even really Liberal. I suggest stop painting with such a broad brush.

For example, I am a Liberal. I don't mind if they protest. However, considering this country's history, I don't think they should be near Obama with armed guns screaming about the blood of Tyrants (which they consider him to be one) that needs to be spilled so the "tree of liberty can be refreshed."

I see that quote used quite often on many signs and said several times by people at the tea party protests. Protesting is one thing, trying to incite violence is another.

Conservatives favor big government as much as liberals

They just favor different programs

Conservatives favor big government as much as liberals

They just favor different programs
True. But, the term 'conservatives' has become a concept conflating both social conservatism and political conservatism. I am a social liberal and a political conservative - it's Libertarian Lite (I dont' buy into the Libertarian Party's platform). Thus I would qualify your statement with the modifier 'social' for conservative. It's based on an authoritarian desire as much as the far left is, IMO.

Last edited:
Perhaps because the government is one of the scant few sectors that is doing well in this shit economy. It's WPA.

Right on, if you read the "Forgotten Man," this President's policies and agenda are clear, even back then Rosevelt had people in his adminstration that admired and traveled to Russia to learn about communism. They became disenchanted though because of the gulogs that Stalin had set up, but they sure admired the wealth redistribution characteristics. It was world war !! that got us out of that depression, and it's very clear that all that finagling with the price of gold etc, shovel ready projects, etc. did little to nothing to turn the economy around during those times.
Unfortunetly for those who don't learn from history, they become destined to repeat it. We are repeating it now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back