Why are leftwingers and the lib media hyping Ron Paul?

Things always change, given enough time, but right now in 2011, the liberal/left controls everything whereby opinion can be strongly influenced: the media, thae academy, even the K12 schools.

So, I'm not clear what your point is then. Are you just trying to get us all to give up?

Hmmm... I suppose if I did indulge in conspiracy thinking, I might suspect you're liberal plant. :eek:

Don't bother me if you want to argue with yourself - I alleged no "conspiracy". The lib media does and says the same thing 95% of the time because they are LIBERALS, there's no need for a conspiracy. Usually the new york times establishes the talking points on an issue, and then the dimbulb lib media talking heads repeat it or variations on the theme.

As for Paul, no rational person who opposes obama would do anything the near certain result of which is to elect obama. That in this case that needs slightly counter-intuitive actions requires perhaps er uh hmmmmmm maybe an IQ > 108 to get one's brain around.

Last edited:
Don't bother me if you want to argue with yourself - I alleged no "conspiracy".

Hey, you've been maintaining through this entire thread the 'left wing media' is friendly to Paul for ulterior motives. Call it what you like, but it seems a little loopy to me. For starters, most of them don't like him. And for those who do speak kindly of him, it seems far more likely that they just happen to agree with him - at least on matters of civil liberties and foreign policy. I think they actually recognize that he's more of a defender of real liberalism than any the statist Democrats they nominally support.

As for Paul, no rational person who opposes obama would do anything the near certain result of which is to elect obama. That in this case that needs slightly counter-intuitive actions requires perhaps er uh hmmmmmm maybe an IQ > 108 to get one's brain around.

No rational person opposed to Obama would vote to replace him with someone just as bad. I suppose you're going on the assumption mannequins like Romney or Perry would somehow be a little better than Obama and I'm not. This was the same reasoning of the 'anyone but Bush' crowd that saddled us with Obama in the first place. It's time we started holding out for a real improvement instead of just letting the same old jerk-offs tag team us.

Last edited:
Don't bother me if you want to argue with yourself - I alleged no "conspiracy".

Hey, you've been maintaining through this entire thread the 'left wing media' is friendly to Paul for ulterior motives.

Did I say conspiracy? Nooooooo

Call it what you like, but it seems a little loopy to me. For starters, most of them don't like him. And for those who do speak kindly of him, it seems far more likely that they just happen to agree with him - at least on matters of civil liberties and foreign policy. I think they actually recognize that he's more of a defender of real liberalism than any the statist Democrats they nominally support.

Wow - what a garbled paragraph. :lol: Not liking him has NOTHING to do with it - it's to set in motion a train of events that results in obama's election - is that really quantum mechanics for you? REAL 2011 liberalism is anti-white racism, the Abortion Holocaust, opposition to free speech, the suppression of religion, the growth of statism, healthcare rationing and death panels, surrender of US sovereignty to international bodies, the illegal alien invasion, big taxes, big debt, big government, anti-Constitutionalism, opposition to the rule of law, hatred of democracy, anti-second amendment etc etc etc.

No rational person opposed to Obama would vote to replace him with someone just as bad.

Good grief - who could THAT possibly be?

I suppose you're going on the assumption mannequins like Romney or Perry would somehow be a little better than Obama and I'm not.

Bad guess, and you're not good at all at imagining what I think, so how about just stopping it? :rolleyes:

It's time we started holding out for a real improvement instead of just letting the same old jerk-offs tag team us.

Politics is the art of the POSSIBLE. If you have a perfect candidate from your perspective, and LOSE, what have you gained? Moral superiority?? Try taking THAT to the bank.

... it's to set in motion a train of events that results in obama's election - is that really quantum mechanics for you? REAL 2011 liberalism is anti-white racism, the Abortion Holocaust, opposition to free speech, the suppression of religion, the growth of statism, healthcare rationing and death panels, surrender of US sovereignty to international bodies, the illegal alien invasion, big taxes, big debt, big government, anti-Constitutionalism, opposition to the rule of law, hatred of democracy, anti-second amendment etc etc etc.

Well,... hmm. Nope, still gotta go with 'loopy'.

Bad guess, and you're not good at all at imagining what I think, so how about just stopping it? :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm fair certain I have no clue what you're 'thinking'.

... it's to set in motion a train of events that results in obama's election - is that really quantum mechanics for you? REAL 2011 liberalism is anti-white racism, the Abortion Holocaust, opposition to free speech, the suppression of religion, the growth of statism, healthcare rationing and death panels, surrender of US sovereignty to international bodies, the illegal alien invasion, big taxes, big debt, big government, anti-Constitutionalism, opposition to the rule of law, hatred of democracy, anti-second amendment etc etc etc.

Well,... hmm. Nope, still gotta go with 'loopy'.

Why waste my and your time with such meaningless non-debate?

Oh, I'm fair certain I have no clue what you're 'thinking'.

And yet you keep guessing. Why would you do that if you admit to having no clue? Sounds pretty irrational.

I read the OP and thought I was in the twilight zone.

Is this shit for real?

Ron Paul is a nice old man who dusts off his radical ideas every four years and tries to sell them to the masses

He is good for some discussions on political message boards but is a non-entity on the national political scene

His radical ideas? Do you find the U.S. Constitution to be radical?

Ron Paul gets support from republicans, democrats and liberals because there is no one else that is calling for a return to constitutional government. This is the very platform that most candidates ran on at the beginning of this country.

If you think the Constitution is outdated or radical than perhaps you should push for its removal, and not speak against those that stand by it's principles.

Ron Paul is a nice old man who dusts off his radical ideas every four years and tries to sell them to the masses

He is good for some discussions on political message boards but is a non-entity on the national political scene

His radical ideas? Do you find the U.S. Constitution to be radical?

Ron Paul gets support from republicans, democrats and liberals because there is no one else that is calling for a return to constitutional government.

That is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Conservatives have practically gone hoarse saying that, particularly since 2008.

Forum List

Back