Why Are Leftist Commentators Making Doom&Gloom Predictions If Taxes Get Lowered?

And why is that? How much money has been squandered since 1980? Trillions? And you refuse to hold the Washington Swamp accountable.

Because whenever you have money spent, you are going to have waste. You are going to have things that someone buys that they didn't need, but won't realize it for years afterwards.

1.) Either you pay no taxes and don't care about waste as long as you get your free stuff.

Well, that's wrong, since I'm not really getting anything fromt he government.

2.) You do pay taxes and tell your accountant to take every deduction possible and you might even cook the books to pay less than your fair share.

I do take every deduction I can, but if I were really inclined to cheat, I could just not report a lot of my income, which comes in direct cash payments.

Here's the third possibility. I like living in a civilized society. I like to know nobody is going to break into my house tonight because he is hungry. I like to know that when I get old, I'm going to have medical coverage.
/----/ "I like to know nobody is going to break into my house tonight because he is hungry" OK Sparky, this isn't Venezuela or Cuba. No one breaks into your home because they are hungry. They can get plenty to eat with food stamps and soup kitchens. They break in to steal stuff to support a drug habit or simply because it's easier than working for a living.

OK Sparky, this isn't Venezuela or Cuba. No one breaks into your home because they are hungry. They can get plenty to eat with food stamps and soup kitchens.

Exactly my point. We make sure that people aren't desperate, because desperate people topple civilizations...

They break in to steal stuff to support a drug habit or simply because it's easier than working for a living.

But oddly, in places like Europe, where they have government drug treatment programs, they don't have problems like that.

/—-/ So now you admit there is waste and fraud in the Gubmint. That is progress. To answer your question, Drain the swamp.

there's waste wherever money is spent. Go to any factory, you are going to find shelves and shelves of dead stock, employees standing around when they should be working, managers taking three hour lunches.

SHHHH! You are going to upend his perfectly efficient unicorns and rainbows world.

Forum List

Back