Why are jews so hyper-sensitive to criticism?

The thing with the word anti semitism is that it's a misnomer. Meaning that the word sounds like it means something else than it does, but it doesn't. The definition of anti semite refers only to jews according to reliable dictionaries.

I lloked up both words. "Antisemite" and "semite." As I pointed out, they contradict one another. Semites are not exclusively Jews.

I know how the word is used, and normally don't say much. But you are arguing the use of labels, so I thought I'd toss that in.

Enabler?

If calling it as I see it is what you think of as enabling, then count me as someone happy to be so.

Sho, you are so obviously prejudiced. You've said some truly hateful and vile things about jews. here...not Israelis, not the Israeli government but all Jews everywhere kind of slams.

While I find I often have to agree with you about facts in history, and the fact that the Palestinians are getting screwed by Israel, I part company with you and the overt NAZIs on this board doing little more than taking shots at Jews.

I will remind you though, that when you lay down with dogs (like some of the overt racists jerkoffs you're in bed with here) you get up with fleas.

I know how the word is used, and normally don't say much. But you are arguing the use of labels, so I thought I'd toss that in.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand what you're saying here. How am i arguinf the use of labels?

GREAT!! I love these threads. Who's crying when people criticize other people's actions? When you say people do this, and that it's a bit offensive. You could just say the names of the people who did it, and not "Jews did this" because it tends to make jews, and the actions done look bad, rather than just the actions which schould be the case. Unless ofcourse you think jews are racists or etc and you think this would help. I'd say you should have very good reasons to believe this before you do it if you don't want to be called names.
Anyways, it's usually wrong to criticize a group of people's actions if you don't have very good reason to.
I'd also like to point out that the word anti semitism means showing hostility towards jews, and that racism means thinking ones race is inherintly superior to another, or that laws are enacted disabling one race based on these beliefs. re's a good reason for why there's anti semitism for jews, and racism for races.

oh GREAT. a nomenclature lesson from the new guy whose loyalties are tacked to his sleeve like the book full of blank checks at Double Standard savings and loan he's waving around.

What.. did someone email AIPAC or something?

:blahblah:

The thing with the word anti semitism is that it's a misnomer. Meaning that the word sounds like it means something else than it does, but it doesn't. The definition of anti semite refers only to jews according to reliable dictionaries.

RELIABLE (see, jewishvirtuallibrary.com)

Semite

SYLLABICATION: Sem·ite
PRONUNCIATION: smt
NOUN: 1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians. 2. A Jew. 3. Bible A descendant of Shem.
Semite. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

Sem·ite (smt)
n.
1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
2. A Jew.
3. Bible A descendant of Shem.
Semite - definition of Semite by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Main Entry:
Sem·ite Listen to the pronunciation of Semite
Pronunciation:
\ˈse-ˌmīt, especially British ˈsē-ˌmīt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French sémite, from Sem Shem, from Late Latin, from Greek Sēm, from Hebrew Shēm
Date:

1 a: a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs b: a descendant of these peoples2: a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language
semite - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

TYPICAL.

Enabler?

If calling it as I see it is what you think of as enabling, then count me as someone happy to be so.

Sho, you are so obviously prejudiced. You've said some truly hateful and vile things about jews. here...not Israelis, not the Israeli government but all Jews everywhere kind of slams.

While I find I often have to agree with you about facts in history, and the fact that the Palestinians are getting screwed by Israel, I part company with you and the overt NAZIs on this board doing little more than taking shots at Jews.

I will remind you though, that when you lay down with dogs (like some of the overt racists jerkoffs you're in bed with here) you get up with fleas.

Feel free to QUOTE me, buddy. Remember how I handed you your ass when you challenged me to do the same? By all means, if you are going to accuse me of hatred towards jews in general then feel free to back up these assertions with more than the TYPICAL Scarlet A hit and run.

If, by HATEFUL, you mean how I dominate your routine on rolling over to facilitate a racists two state solution then im afraid thats a knot that blaming me wont help you figure out.

Indeed, tell me about dogs and flees some more while you continue to defend racist state policies, two state solutions and treating the chosen like the new master race.

RELIABLE

Semite

SYLLABICATION: Sem·ite
PRONUNCIATION: smt
NOUN: 1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians. 2. A Jew. 3. Bible A descendant of Shem.

Sem·ite (smt)
n.
1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
2. A Jew.
3. Bible A descendant of Shem.

Main Entry:
Sem·ite Listen to the pronunciation of Semite
Pronunciation:
\ˈse-ˌmīt, especially British ˈsē-ˌmīt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French sémite, from Sem Shem, from Late Latin, from Greek Sēm, from Hebrew Shēm
Date:

1 a: a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs b: a descendant of these peoples2: a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

TYPICAL.

I said the word anti-semite refers only to jews. It refers onl to jews because it's a misnomer

I know how the word is used, and normally don't say much. But you are arguing the use of labels, so I thought I'd toss that in.
I don't understand what you're saying here. How am i arguinf the use of labels?[/QUOTE]

You are arguing individual accountability versus stereotyping via labels.

I said the word anti-semite refers only to jews. It refers onl to jews because it's a misnomer

So you wish to continue arguing with me; however, your last sentence above is all I was pointing out. Words mean things. "Antisemite" is not used in conjunction with its actual meaning.

Just to toss something else into the fray ... along with the fact that the word -- in your terms -- is a misnomer, it is racist in meaning, not anti-religious. Jews call themselves a race but in actuality Judaism is a religion.

THat would further bolster the argument that the word ... again, in YOUR terms ... is a misnomer. Broken down by definition, it does not apply by definition to those that use it.

I don't understand what you're saying here. How am i arguinf the use of labels?

So you wish to continue arguing with me; however, your last sentence above is all I was pointing out. Words mean things. "Antisemite" is not used in conjunction with its actual meaning.

Just to toss something else into the fray ... along with the fact that the word -- in your terms -- is a misnomer, it is racist in meaning, not anti-religious. Jews call themselves a race but in actuality Judaism is a religion.

THat would further bolster the argument that the word ... again, in YOUR terms ... is a misnomer. Broken down by definition, it does not apply by definition to those that use it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't get your first thing ou said about the accountability and labels. I'm a bit slow. You got to make it easier for me to understand what you're saying.

And, for your second part it's been argued by many people whether jews, are a race, ethnicity, religion, or something else, and I'm not sure what they're considered now, but I don't think it's just a religion.
Also, I'm a jew, and I consider myself part of the white race. Also, the definition of semite includes hebrews. Jews= hebrews

THat would further bolster the argument that the word ... again, in YOUR terms ... is a misnomer. Broken down by definition, it does not apply by definition to those that use it.

Sorry, I didn't get your first thing ou said about the accountability and labels. I'm a bit slow. You got to make it easier for me to understand what you're saying.

And, for your second part it's been argued by many people whether jews, are a race, ethnicity, religion, or something else, and I'm not sure what they're considered now, but I don't think it's just a religion.
Also, I'm a jew, and I consider myself part of the white race. Also, the definition of semite includes hebrews. Jews= hebrews[/QUOTE]

Just a hint ... quote MY post that you are responding to, not your own. It works a lot better that way.

I am aware that Hebrews are included in the definition of "semite." However, "semite" does not refer exclusively to Jews. The term "antisemite" is used exclusvely for Jews.

Arabs hostile to Israel are labelled antisemitic. However, by definition, that would mean they are hostile to themselves as well since Arabs are also semites. The same with non-Arabs who are hostile to Jews. They are labelled antisemitic which means they are hostile to ALL semites, not Jews exclusively.

Also, I'm a jew, and I consider myself part of the white race. Also, the definition of semite includes hebrews. Jews= hebrews

Just a hint ... quote MY post that you are responding to, not your own. It works a lot better that way.

I am aware that Hebrews are included in the definition of "semite." However, "semite" does not refer exclusively to Jews. The term "antisemite" is used exclusvely for Jews.

Arabs hostile to Israel are labelled antisemitic. However, by definition, that would mean they are hostile to themselves as well since Arabs are also semites. The same with non-Arabs who are hostile to Jews. They are labelled antisemitic which means they are hostile to ALL semites, not Jews exclusively.[/QUOTE]
You did the same thing. Quoting what you said instead of what i said.
So? do you have a problem with misnommers? You should have gone into english as a major, and try to become important enough to get rid of misnomers.

make sure you let each of those dictionary sources know how much they must hate jews for DARING to put other groups in with the blessed chosen on their definition of antisemite.

oh, dont forget to quote me in the other thread, ya scum sucking bitch. I look forward to post numbers and verbatim quotes.

:eusa_drool:

fwiw, this will be another time Sog can't admit he's wrong.

an·ti–Sem·i·tism Pronunciation: \ˌan-tē-ˈse-mə-ˌti-zəm, ˌan-ˌtī-\ Function:noun Date:1882 : hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group
— an·ti–Se·mit·ic \-sə-ˈmi-tik\ adjective
— an·ti–Sem·ite \-ˈse-ˌmīt\ noun

Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

make sure you let each of those dictionary sources know how much they must hate jews for DARING to put other groups in with the blessed chosen on their definition of antisemite.

oh, dont forget to quote me in the other thread, ya scum sucking bitch. I look forward to post numbers and verbatim quotes.

some dictionaries like dictionary.com get the definitions to a lot of words wrong. reliable dictionaries have definitions of anti semitism as the same as the guy on top of me poosted

I'm not quoting youu fully because I'm scared of you. I just didn't. I forget the reason why. Maybe it;s because I was only answering that [part of your psot

some dictionaries like dictionary.com get the definitions to a lot of words wrong. reliable dictionaries have definitions of anti semitism as the same as the guy on top of me poosted

ahh.. of course. it's the DICTIONARY that is wrong. Not you. Of course. Silly me.

RELIABLE, eh? gosh, you and those qualifiers probably are not as smooth as you think they should be. Clearly, every goyim should have their own personal copy of the jewish virtual library for, you know, RELIABLE definitions.

:lol:

I'm not quoting youu fully because I'm scared of you. I just didn't. I forget the reason why. Maybe it;s because I was only answering that [part of your psot

oh well YOU DONT SAY! Holy FUCKING CHICKEN LITTE, Batman, a zionist who is able to talk shit CANT back up his accusations!?!?!?!?!

Jesus.. did you FEEL that???? I think Hell just froze over now that the stars are in alignment!

Indeed, im pretty sure the reason WHY is obvious as fuck, dude. Next time you wanna throw around accusations like a fucking parade throws candy why don't you remember that evidence is more impressive than the TYPICAL zionist Scarlet A driveby.

Forum List

Back