Why are Illegals Bad?

Dumb question, but one i'd like to hear the answer for.

Though I come from a position that illegal immigration is small potatoes compared to what the 1% get away with on a daily basis, and that it seems to be more of an issue of social nationalism than of any economic damage it causes, I would like to hear as many takes on this particular issue as possible. Not necessarily seeking to debate, just to get educated and understand where people come from on this, on both sides if anyone's willing.

Why is it "bad"? Bad for who and what is considered bad?

Is it bad allowing criminals to come undetected into your country? It is good for the criminals but bad for the populace.

Is it bad letting in poor people that weigh down the welfare system? It is good for the immigrants but bad for the tax payers.

Should the US only let in those who will contribute to society or view the US government as a religious charity who will try and reform criminals that come across the border undetected?

What say you?

They are bad because they intentionally break the laws of this nation and then demand "equal rights" and legitimate status as "immigrants", vying with those who are naturalized or who navigated the legal, lawful way to immigrate.
They are no less than criminal trespassers who have the temerity to demand legitimacy. Send them back where they came from and let them proceed through legal channels if coming here means so much to them.

Really? All 20+ millions are bad?
If you deport them all are you and your buddies here willing to take those jobs? Are you willing to pay the higher price? I’ve been asking this same question over and over but NONE of you people can give me an honest answer.
Construction companies in Houston and Florida are struggling to find workers to help the rebuilding process.

Equal protection. My parents and I had to come legally and obtain our citizenship the legal way. There's zero reason why illegal immigrants shouldn't be held to the same standard. Citizenship is a privilege, not a right.

If your country wherever you came from is next to US border I can assure you 100% you are no different from Mexicans.
Most of these tourist visa violators ( 500k yearly) are from Asia. Also take advantage of the freebies, welfares and TAKING OVER HIGH PAYING AMERICANS JOBS.
A good numbers especially from China come here to US just to give birth.
They also committed medical and all kinds of fraudulent activities here in US.

My neighbor who own a law firm can afford to live here in my neighborhood just by defending these little nuggets.

Why birth tourism from China persists even as U.S. officials crack down

Asian 'anchor babies': Wealthy Chinese come to Southern California to give birth

They are bad because they intentionally break the laws of this nation and then demand "equal rights" and legitimate status as "immigrants", vying with those who are naturalized or who navigated the legal, lawful way to immigrate.
They are no less than criminal trespassers who have the temerity to demand legitimacy. Send them back where they came from and let them proceed through legal channels if coming here means so much to them.

If you deport them all are you and your buddies here willing to take those jobs? Are you willing to pay the higher price? I’ve been asking this same question over and over but NONE of you people can give me an honest answer.
Construction companies in Houston and Florida are struggling to find workers to help the rebuilding process.

No. They are struggling to get as much market share for the rebuilding as they can. Market share, not actual rebuilding. And a fluffy side effect of this is the huge number of job postings that the human resources department writes but never intends to fill.

Dumb question, but one i'd like to hear the answer for.

Though I come from a position that illegal immigration is small potatoes compared to what the 1% get away with on a daily basis, and that it seems to be more of an issue of social nationalism than of any economic damage it causes, I would like to hear as many takes on this particular issue as possible. Not necessarily seeking to debate, just to get educated and understand where people come from on this, on both sides if anyone's willing.

To begin with - illegals are not bad -though some arrive with bad intentions. Ignoring the rule of law is bad. Estimates are that nearly 40% of the people here illegally are visa overstays...which we should enforce.

The political and economic chaos that arises from the unequal or selective application of the rule of law, ie corruption, in the home country is what causes the flight. For uninvited 'guests' to then demand that their host country corrupt or selectively enforce its rule of law is to advocate for the conditions that made their homeland so unlivable in the first place.

We can have open borders or a welfare state, not both.

And the purpose of the welfare state is to maintain absolute power for a totalitarian government.

No. They are struggling to get as much market share for the rebuilding as they can. Market share, not actual rebuilding. And a fluffy side effect of this is the huge number of job postings that the human resources department writes but never intends to fill.

Incorrect. Are you saying that they do not intend to rebuild those houses? Just post them just for the heck of posting? I never heard that before.

Lots of them are even trying to rebuild their own houses because construction companies are so busy and waiting list is so long but cannot find workers. Like a year or ten months waiting.

There’s so much jobs that they do not need to advertise or post these jobs.

Home rebuilding will be painfully slow -- and costly

The U.S. Might Not Have Enough Construction Workers to Rebuild Houston After Harvey

Forum List

Back