Why are Goldman Sachs among the top donors of both Obama and Romney?

Should corporations be considered people? Do they have the right to bear arms then?

Someone hears a meme that says Citizens United means "corporations are people" and then they think it is the height of ingenuity to parrot the fallacious equivocation "do they have the right to bear arms" joke.

All those kinds of statements achieve is to betray the ignorance of the parrot.

Last edited:
I was actually responding to Rabbi's statement that campaign donations were free speech. Since corporations can give to PACs this in effect is them exercising free speech. If they have the right to free speech then what other rights do they have? I was just being facetious and I am OK with you not liking it.

I was actually responding to Rabbi's statement that campaign donations were free speech. Since corporations can give to PACs this in effect is them exercising free speech. If they have the right to free speech then what other rights do they have? I was just being facetious and I am OK with you not liking it.

At least you didnt say you're waitng for Texas to execute one. That would be super-stupid.

At least you didnt say you're waitng for Texas to execute one. That would be super-stupid.

I was trying to point out that to say on one hand that political donations are free speech on one hanmd and then allow corporations to donate is ludicrous. If donations are free speech then the right to make them should be reserved for citizens.

I was trying to point out that to say on one hand that political donations are free speech on one hanmd and then allow corporations to donate is ludicrous. If donations are free speech then the right to make them should be reserved for citizens.

When did I give up my right to assemble? The reason for assembly is not important.

Citizens do not lose their rights of free speech simply because they decide to come together and form a corporation.
I thought the narco-libertarians were in favor of rights?

Citizens do not lose their rights of free speech simply because they decide to come together and form a corporation.
I thought the narco-libertarians were in favor of rights?

Create a law that allows only corporations to smoke dope and they'll all jump on the bandwagon.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a guess.

Okay I'll guess.

Because Goldman Sachs is very patriotic and supportive of the democratic electorial process?

Just a guess, of course.

They might have other motives.

When did I give up my right to assemble? The reason for assembly is not important.

Who said anything about assembly? I am not challenging the right of citizens to form corporations only using those corporations to circumvent the restrictions placed on personal donations.

Who said anything about assembly? I am not challenging the right of citizens to form corporations only using those corporations to circumvent the restrictions placed on personal donations.

Uh? Did you think that out before you wrote it?

The answer, obviously, is that for the big money guys, donations to candidates are not intended to support the candidate of their choice, but rather to make the winner beholden to the wealthy interest no matter who wins. In order to do that, giving to both sides is required.

How else are Obama & Romney gonna fund the most expensive Presidential Campaigns in History? Look at who Obama has stacked his Administration with. They're mostly big Corporate Donors who helped get him elected. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt his "Jobs Czar?" Come on? Corrupt cronyism is running wild in this current Administration. Most of his loyal followers are just too ignorant to know this though. Most of the Democratic electorate base is made up of very dumb and uninformed Citizens. And no one knows that better than Obama and the Democrats. You don't fund a $Billion Presidential Campaign on Food Stamps for God's sake. Follow the Money. Follow the Money.

Uh? Did you think that out before you wrote it?

Actually I did and I stand by it. If there is a law restricting donations over 2500 then it should be respected and loopholes that allow for people to get around it should be closed. The reason these candidates are able to amass so much money is because they are taking money from special interests and are then beholden to them once elected. To think otherwise is naive. This is how our government has been hijacked but I am honestly not surprised that you are ok with that.

Forum List

Back