Why are Goldman Sachs among the top donors of both Obama and Romney?

They give in order to get political favors with legislation bills, also tax breaks.
aka -Lobbying favors.

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundler's.

They give in order to get political favors with legislation bills, also tax breaks.
aka -Lobbying favors.

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundler's.
You're pointing out a distinction without a difference.

aka -Lobbying favors.

You're pointing out a distinction without a difference.

You asked this question
Why are Goldman Sachs among the top donors of both Obama and Romney?
I gave you the answer.
Goldman Sachs does not donate, the individual members and employees do.
Some give to Obama and some give to Romney.

Donations to political action committees and from individuals within the corporation you fucking moron.

The only ignorant one here is you.

There ya go. I knew with enough Google you could get the information into one of your two brain cells.
Guess what: not everyone who works for Goldman has the same political opinion.

Dude you're a fucking joke, no one takes you seriously around here except for jroc and that's because his dick is joined at your ass.

Translation: I never thought of that, you're right but if I admit that I'll look like the half-wit I am.

Wall Street knows how to play both sides. But Corzine and many other Wall Street criminals are this President's closest friends and supporters. Most of his followers are just too dumbed-down and ignorant to know this though. Barack Obama has received more money from Wall Street than any other Politician in the last 20yrs. This is fact. And how do his followers think he's gonna finance his record $Billion Presidential Campaign? With Food Stamps?

Last edited:
Would it be wrong to say that there's probably some truth in the rumour that wherever Goldman Sachs are pouring money into presidential campaigns, AIPAC aren't far behind?

Goldman-Sachs cannot contribute to political campaigns.
You are showing your ignorance and stupidity. Again.

Donations to political action committees and from individuals within the corporation you fucking moron.

The only ignorant one here is you.

There ya go. I knew with enough Google you could get the information into one of your two brain cells.
Guess what: not everyone who works for Goldman has the same political opinion.

This is exactly correct. If you go to Open Secrets web site, you can look up political contributions from individuals within a company.

This quickly reveals that some individuals at Goldman Sachs donate to Democrats and some donate to Republicans.

They are not a hive mind.

Goldman Sachs: Individual Contributors | OpenSecrets

Take a look for yourselves. You will see each person donates overwhelmingly to one party or another, but they do not all donate as one mind to a single party.

Goldman Sachs: All Recipients | OpenSecrets

Look at that page. See the bar graph that says "Source of Funds"?

The larger part is "Individuals", the remaining part is "PACs".

I seriously doubt you will see Goldman Sachs, the actual corporation, buying ads for both Romney and Obama simultaneously.

Let us know if they do, mmkay?

Uh, Romney is going to fix the mess Obamination has made with his EPA going after oil and coal businesses while lining the pockets of "green energy" scammers. He understands the problems Democrats have caused with their laws/regulations on the financial sector that eventually led to the mortgage industry crisis due to ghetto home loan busts/etc.

So he will turn the economy around much like what Reagan did after he took the car keys away from another Democrat dunce, bucktooth Carter.

America since he is worse in 4 years than Bush ever was in 8 years.

That sums up the Mitt Romney platform and the plans that he has after being president.

Except there is a new boom in the Oil Patch. EPA hasn't done shit. De-regulation in morgage lendering led to the recession and housing bust. Carter(well, Volker) did the hard work. Rayguns first years led to the second greatest economic catastrophy since the great depression, and then he massively increased the size and scope of government.(after all he is the Godfather of pseudo-conservatives throughout the empire).

The disaster that was the Bush Administration, like that of Raygun, will leave a lasting negative legacy for our country.

Mitt is an out of touch 1%er.

Ok let's all pretend that the PACs aren't a way for corporations to circumvent the limitations placed on campaign contributions.

We can equally pretend that if we get rid of PACs we will have free and fair elections.
And we can pretend that restrictions on campaign contributions and expenditures are not restrictions on First Amendment rights of free speech.

Ok let's all pretend that the PACs aren't a way for corporations to circumvent the limitations placed on campaign contributions.

We can equally pretend that if we get rid of PACs we will have free and fair elections.
And we can pretend that restrictions on campaign contributions and expenditures are not restrictions on First Amendment rights of free speech.

I don't believe that corporations are people and that they have the right to freedom of speech. The individuals that make up the corporations do however have that right and they can donate if they choose. Criminals will always find a way so I don't believe that getting rid of PACs is necessarily the whole answer but its a start.

I don't believe that corporations are people and that they have the right to freedom of speech. The individuals that make up the corporations do however have that right and they can donate if they choose. Criminals will always find a way so I don't believe that getting rid of PACs is necessarily the whole answer but its a start.

What individual is going to cough up the thousands necessary to produce and air a political ad? That was exactly the case of Citizens United.

Barack Obama has received more money from Wall Street than any other Politician in the last 20yrs. This is fact. You don't fund a $Billion Presidential Campaign with Food Stamps. His followers especially,need to see 'The Obama Deception.' Bush,Obama,and Romney all work for the same Global Elite Bosses.

What individual is going to cough up the thousands necessary to produce and air a political ad? That was exactly the case of Citizens United.

Should corporations be considered people? Do they have the right to bear arms then? If so then this might explain why Monsanto bought Blackwater.

It's because Wall Street really want reform. Except when they don't want reform.

*California Girl would like to acknowledge Elizabeth Warren as the inspiration for this comment*

John Corzine,former Goldman Sachs CEO is one if this current President's closest friends & advisors. And we all know what a criminal douchebag he is.

Forum List

Back