Why are FOX news ratings so high?

Maybe it's the same reason Jerry Springer gets such high ratings.
Viewers are bored suckers...

I have been reading about "FOX NEWS" on messageboards for years. -----
what is the obsession all about? -------

The obsession is that the left can't stand anyone opposing their agenda.....and Fox cable news actually has real conservatives on their shows and they are allowed to explain their views and opinions....they also have as many left wingers on to express their views and opinions, but the left can't have anyone who disagrees with them have an outlet to speak....

That is also why you find conservative speakers being kept off college campuses....

Fox does invite people from the left to appear on their network, but they do not allow them the time to complete a sentence. It's always a confrontational discussion with multiple right wingers who are allowed, or even encouraged to interrupt the one liberal.

-- which further boils the whole stewpot of conflict on which it thrives. Their leftist-lite guests they let through the cracks serve a useful purpose, presenting a foil (a wafer-thin aluminum foil) through which the Sean Hannitys can poke pointed sticks. All of that generates conflict, with the audience's favorite team inevitably winning, which is what draws and keeps viewers. In that sense it's no different that WWE. They just dress differently .

Of course it might be this also....who would you rather look at?

Megyn%20Kellyx-large.jpg

rachel_glasses-114627499070_xlarge.jpeg

FOX News has high ratings because they have quality reporters who do good solid journalism.Let me be clear when I say reporters I mean just that people like Chris Wallace, Bret Bair James Rosen, Carl Cameron, Ed Henry, Jennifer Griffen.

You're referring there to the actual news segments. That's not what sells. Prime time is what sells, and that is devoted to commentary.

And you left out Shepard Smith. Any particular reason?

Maybe it's the same reason Jerry Springer gets such high ratings.
Viewers are bored suckers...

I have been reading about "FOX NEWS" on messageboards for years. -----
what is the obsession all about? -------

The obsession is that the left can't stand anyone opposing their agenda.....and Fox cable news actually has real conservatives on their shows and they are allowed to explain their views and opinions....they also have as many left wingers on to express their views and opinions, but the left can't have anyone who disagrees with them have an outlet to speak....

That is also why you find conservative speakers being kept off college campuses....

Fox does invite people from the left to appear on their network, but they do not allow them the time to complete a sentence. It's always a confrontational discussion with multiple right wingers who are allowed, or even encouraged to interrupt the one liberal.

I will get in touch with Fox and suggest that the "interrupters" be replaced with
pit bulls

Reading some of the other threads on here, the issue that FOX news dominates the ratings wars often comes up.......A recent survey finds that right wingers, in general, do NOT trust any other news source BUT Fox.

On the surface, right wingers will "conclude" that since Fox ranks so high, it must be "good" and "trustworthy.".................But is this really the conclusion that should be readily accepted?

Now, I'm sure that right wingers on here will quickly respond that any criticism of Fox's high ratings is based on envy...or liberal spin and biases.

However, for the more open-minded fellow posters, a simple explanation may make sense.

Let's say that the entire rating system was comprised of 10 people; 4 of whom are conservatives and the other 6 span the political spectrum from liberal to independent.....

Now, the 4 conservative faithfully and unwaveringly watch Fox giving that cable network 40% ratings......while the other six watch...CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Al-Jazeera-America, Russia-Today, ABC and several other Internet-based news sources (especially for the younger generation).......

It should not be too difficult to then conclude that no other competitor to Fox would even remotely come close to that network's 40% rating.

Yet, the question remains: Is this dominance by Fox in the ratings' war a good or bad thing for the conservative movement, ideology and growth ?
nat4900 wtf?

you put so much thought into such an idiotic argument it is a wonder you are allowed free access to the open internet.

THIS IS CABLE TV NEWS!

The general downward trend in traditional viewership of the cable news networks in recent years has contributed to some record or lowest-in-year performances -- which, of course, each network's rivals were more than happy to point out. Fox News Dominates Cable News Ratings In 2014 MSNBC Tumbles
Even cable tv programs rarely go much over 2million viewers. No one is watching cable tv news programs.

Of course it might be this also....who would you rather look at?

Megyn%20Kellyx-large.jpg

rachel_glasses-114627499070_xlarge.jpeg

Excellent point on the superficial content. The gullible are discouraged from considering: which of those images is more real? :thup:

This goes along with the garish set colours and the graphics that go :::::whoosh:::::, all of which are equally irrelevant to information and engineered in as emotional bait.

Reading some of the other threads on here, the issue that FOX news dominates the ratings wars often comes up.......A recent survey finds that right wingers, in general, do NOT trust any other news source BUT Fox.

On the surface, right wingers will "conclude" that since Fox ranks so high, it must be "good" and "trustworthy.".................But is this really the conclusion that should be readily accepted?

Now, I'm sure that right wingers on here will quickly respond that any criticism of Fox's high ratings is based on envy...or liberal spin and biases.

However, for the more open-minded fellow posters, a simple explanation may make sense.

Let's say that the entire rating system was comprised of 10 people; 4 of whom are conservatives and the other 6 span the political spectrum from liberal to independent.....

Now, the 4 conservative faithfully and unwaveringly watch Fox giving that cable network 40% ratings......while the other six watch...CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Al-Jazeera-America, Russia-Today, ABC and several other Internet-based news sources (especially for the younger generation).......

It should not be too difficult to then conclude that no other competitor to Fox would even remotely come close to that network's 40% rating.

Yet, the question remains: Is this dominance by Fox in the ratings' war a good or bad thing for the conservative movement, ideology and growth ?

Are you REALLY interested? I have the answer for you but don't waste my time. If you just want to bash FOX well, we are all bored with that nonsense already.

Are you REALLY interested? I have the answer for you but don't waste my time. If you just want to bash FOX well, we are all bored with that nonsense already.

bored? its a social and psychological phenomena. How could a few million people demand to be spoon fed so much misinformation on a daily basis

Watch Murdoch instruct his staff how to lie on the air.

Used to be that no foreign entity could own US media and no corporation could won more than one. Murdoch and his money changed that. In this documentary, you get to see him buy the president of the FCC, Michael Powell (son of Colin).

FOX News has high ratings because they have quality reporters who do good solid journalism.Let me be clear when I say reporters I mean just that people like Chris Wallace, Bret Bair James Rosen, Carl Cameron, Ed Henry, Jennifer Griffen.

You're referring there to the actual news segments. That's not what sells. Prime time is what sells, and that is devoted to commentary.

And you left out Shepard Smith. Any particular reason?
No real reason I felt I had made my point besides Smith I also could have listed Greta Van Ssusteren and Shannon Bream. As for prime time here the 5,6,7,8,and 9 pm shows are Special Report with Bret Bair, On the Record with Greta, O'Reilly Factor, Megyn Kellys the Kelly file, and Hannity. The only one I consider to be just truly partisan talking points is Hannity.

nat4900 wtf?

you put so much thought into such an idiotic argument it is a wonder you are allowed free access to the open internet.

THIS IS CABLE TV NEWS!
The general downward trend in traditional viewership of the cable news networks in recent years has contributed to some record or lowest-in-year performances -- which, of course, each network's rivals were more than happy to point out. Fox News Dominates Cable News Ratings In 2014 MSNBC Tumbles
Even cable tv programs rarely go much over 2million viewers. No one is watching cable tv news programs.

Face it, the Libs are just upset that so many people reject Liberal talking points masquerading as news. That's why the Libs always try to scream "Fox isn't a source". But ask the Libs to point out examples of inaccurate reporting by Fox (with links) and the Libs suddenly disappear.

If you haven't seen examples of inaccurate reporting by fox, you haven't been paying attention.

Forum List

Back