Why are ex-Christians so intolerant?

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
It seem to me that the most hateful people on this board are people who hate Christians. And you can tell that many of them used to be Christians, but have recently rejected it.

So why are these people so intolerant of Christians?

It seem to me that the most hateful people on this board are people who hate Christians. And you can tell that many of them used to be Christians, but have recently rejected it.

I don't hate them.

Straw-Man_500.gif

/thread

The most hateful people on this board are people who come on here to mess around and not be serious.

Maybe they are afraid. They are afraid of a lot of things.

history of being on the receiving end of christianity and the damage it has brought the world on par with what we are seeing in todays islam

The Origins of Christian Anti-Semitism

Last edited:

Because they aren't ex-Christians. Once they got some water on them, they are saved so they can do whatever they want and still go to heaven.

Robert Carr draws uncomfortable parallels between Christianity and Nazism.

Christian Anti-Semitism

Nazi Germany was both a product of, and established in, Christian Europe. The Führer himself was educated in the strictest of Catholic institutions - a Benedictine monastery in Bavaria. More than that, he’d been a church chorister. Without doubt, childhood experiences help to mould adulthood. Christian influences certainly remained important in Hitler’s life: his favourite bed-time reading was Martin Luther. Luther had particular advice to offer concerning those who had failed to follow Christ - the Jews. Luther urged Christian action against them, including concentrating them in certain areas, drowning Jewish individuals and even wholesale murder:
We are at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.

Christian protagonists and texts have levelled spiteful accusations at Jews since the advent of Christianity. Part of the very foundations of the faith are ideas of Jewish betrayal, hard-heartedness and deicide. New Testament characters such as Judas, Herod, Saul, the Pharisees and the Jerusalem crowd (baying ‘Crucify him!’) have shaped, over centuries, European attitudes towards Jews. Such accusations and the demonisation of Jewry are based on the Christian idea that it has, as a faith and a civilisation, superseded Judaism. For Christians, God transferred his covenant and favour to them; rather than being the chosen people, Jews simply became stubborn unbelievers.

Antagonism between the new faith and Judaism has characterised aspects of Christian history including the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and the blood libel. Indeed, before Nazism even, Theodor Fritsch argued, ‘Surely Christian teaching arose as a protest of the Aryan spirit against the inhumane Jew spirit.’

Out with the Old, In with the New

There is an interesting parallel in terms of both Christianity and Nazism regarding themselves as usurping Jewish culture. Christianity had to throw off the shackles of its Jewish heritage, i.e. the laws of Deuteronomy, besides dietary, Sabbath and other rituals: ‘Beware of those dogs and their malpractices. Beware of those who insist on mutilation - circumcision’ (Philippians 3).

Nazism and the Christian Heritage | History Today

history of being on the receiving end of christianity and the damage it has brought the world on par with what we are seeing in todays islam
Could you explain how you've been on the "receiving end" of Christianity? Did a priest fuck you up the ass or something?

Thankfully neither I or my parents were christians
I don't believe that for a nanosecond. There is simply too much obsessive hatred and rebelliousness towards Christianity in your words for you to have not been brought up in a Christian family.

I don't hate them.
Are your parents Christian?

Not anymore.
When did they lose their Christian faith?

I'm not sure. I've been away from them for a very long time. I know they had moved to something more spiritual and less dogma before I left. I just moved to be nearer to them recently so it was probably gradual and it was done individually. I think my step-dad either is or was Buddhist but that isn't a religion. He has always been very laid back.

I'm one of those lucky individuals where my peeps don't give a flip about what religion you say you adhere to. Your religion does not define you. Your actions do. I imagine it probably came from the number of people encountered that attempt to use it as either a weapon or to hide behind it.

Anger comes from the number of ways elected officials attempt to circumvent the First Amendment. The number of ways history is butchered to attempt to justify the circumvention increases animosity. I have a 10 year old niece that has been bullied at school because she does not attend any church. My son was nailed when he was younger.

So, ya...................you all look alike.:laugh2:

Forum List

Back