Why are Dems voting ObamaCare on Christmas Eve?

Tomorrow's Senate Calendar:

8am Roll Call Votes:
- Passage of HR3590, as amended
- Passage of HR4314, government operations (60 vote threshold)

A deal ain't done till the deal is done. I think it could still fall apart. I think there is a very fragile coalition.

Come on Republicans..

Show America you are more than the "party of NO"

Give America the healthcare they deserve

I don't think there is a Republican that has actually read the first word of the bill. They gripe and whine a lot but NEVER mention anything specific that is actually IN the bill.

"communism, deficit buster, socialized medicine, death panel, get ready to wait for care, ....."

Just a bunch of empty rhetoric from a bunch of empty heads. I wish to God we HAD a real public conversation about what is actually in the bill. But all the GOP could do is the whole bumper sticker thing. If it sucks - it sucks in large part because there was no real debate. The Democrats didn't have to because they have the votes - the Republicans didn't because they just drool and say, "no."

You must have missed my threads....or you realize that although I am strongly against this legislation I am not a republican.

Is it really to give their Messiah a gift on Jesus's birthday? That's just so fucking sweet of all those soon to be former Congressmen and Senators.
Because people always discover they have been robbed in the morning. Thieves come in the dark of the night to violate their victims.

Come on Republicans..

I don't think there is a Republican that has actually read the first word of the bill. They gripe and whine a lot but NEVER mention anything specific that is actually IN the bill.

"communism, deficit buster, socialized medicine, death panel, get ready to wait for care, ....."

Just a bunch of empty rhetoric from a bunch of empty heads. I wish to God we HAD a real public conversation about what is actually in the bill. But all the GOP could do is the whole bumper sticker thing. If it sucks - it sucks in large part because there was no real debate. The Democrats didn't have to because they have the votes - the Republicans didn't because they just drool and say, "no."

You must have missed my threads....or you realize that although I am strongly against this legislation I am not a republican.

I may have missed some of your threads - but I don't call you Republican either. I am familiar enough with your posts to realize you aren't a Republican or one who is prone to empty-headed rhetoric.

I have some serious reservations about the bill as well. Mainly in that I think at least one of the funding mechanisms is totally backwards thinking. What I destest is the empty rhetorical crap that has replaced a real, honest debate over the bill. And while some of that empty crap has come from BOTH sides, it has flowed much more abundantly from the right on this one (imho).

It's an incredibly bad bill completely owned by the Democrats, lacks any reform, puts young healthy kids who didn't want insurance in their insurance coffers, extremely expensive for some reason, will not cut costs, and screwed us heavily in the long run. It must be impressive for Democrats to sit there after all this time, and look at the LAME bill presented, and the health insurance and drug stocks at annual highs.

Keep talking about the right, the left just climbed up your ass. AGAIN!

Yup. Like Krugman was saying in a recent article, when Libs were arguing amongst each other over whether the bill should be killed or not there was actual substantive argument on the merits, unlike cons who were just shouting slogans and parroting lies like "death panels".

What is even more puzzling is why the U.S. Senate is voting on a bill titled H.R. 3509, huh Frank???????

Senate bills start with an S and House of representative bills start with H.R. unless of course we're talking 'bout ObamaCare then none of it matters because Dems don't read bills

Flunked civics didn't you??????

Senate Calendar

Take a gander at the Senate calendar.
Appropriations bills (and some others) originate in the House and retain the H.R. title through the Senate.

C'mon - sling a few more insults at me about how ignorant I am.

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAA

One last time.

The Senate votes on Senate bills and they are labeled with an S.

The House votes on bills that start with H.R.

The Senate voted on their Bill which I've linked to, they did NOT Vote on the House Bill! They list Health Care in the Calendar as HR because the bill started there but the bill you linked to, the HR Bill is NOT what the Senate is voting on.

OK?

Senate NOT voting on the House Bill, they're voting on their own bill.

OK?

It's fairly simply--that have to pass this bill now--because Jan. 1, 2010 is the start of their campaign season--& they certainly don't want Americans to remember what they did in 2009--LOL.

Oh--but we're going to remember--aren't we.

8am Roll Call Votes:

A deal ain't done till the deal is done. I think it could still fall apart. I think there is a very fragile coalition.

Come on Republicans..

:lol::lol::lol: Believe me you're going to get it & you'll deserve it too--:lol::lol::lol:

You voted for it.

8am Roll Call Votes:

Come on Republicans..

:lol::lol::lol: Believe me you're going to get it & you'll deserve it too--:lol::lol::lol:

You voted for it.

I have some rich conservative business owner friends. During hunting season they were crying that the Dems were going to force every business owner to purchase health insurance for their employees, no matter how small the business was.

Did that happen?

No.

So don't freak out about some bad shit that the blue dog dems and GOP and healthcare lobbyists put in the bill because Obama/Reed/Pelosi know what they are doing.

Forum List

Back