Why are conservatives so obsessed with the border and immigration?

So, anyway...I just spent the last five days within two miles of the Texas/Mexico border along the Rio Grande. It was over about a 200 mile stretch around the entry port of Del Rio. The border patrol came around to see what we were doing a couple times a day, and the observation posts were obvious if you looked for them. I doubt anyone crosses the border in that area without someone knowing about it.

A lot of conservatives do not like people who look and sound different from them. Nevertheless, immigration is an economic issue. Immigrants depress wages, even if they are the blond haired, blue eyes South African whites conservatives wish would move to the United States.

I have noticed one thing lately.
Every time I talk to a conservative friend about ANY topic, it ALWAYS comes back to "sealing the border" and "dealing with those people Obama keeps giving amnesty to."

Is anyone in the US not giving a single crap about the border or immigration?

And why do these conservative friends always use the exact same wording for their indignation? I feel like I'm hearing the text of a speech I missed.
It is not legal immigration we are obsessed wit, it is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION we are concerned about. Name me ONE other country who allows this to happen; not 5, not 4, not 3, not 2, only 1! They know why, we know why. Maybe you do not!

Forum List

Back