Why are conservatives losing?!?!?

You lost on same sex marriage. You lost on healthcare. You lost on gays in the military. You lost on abortion. You lost on tax cuts for the rich.

We won the Senate, we won the House, we won the most governorships. It still blows the OP out of the water.

And yet you got nothing out of it.

Name the last issue that conservatives actually gained on.

Irrelevant.

The issues are now irrelevant?

The fact that conservatives have LOST, for example, pretty much across the board on gay rights,

that's irrelevant?

The OP stated that we were losing. He is wrong and I proved that. You are trying to make the argument into something else.
The OP said Conservatives are losing, not the GOP. And that's actually the case. The Conservative movement inside the GOP doesn't have a lot of power and hasn't for a while. McCain, Romney, and Trump all had Conservative backed opponents that the easily stomped in the primary. This year we're seeing a lot of Conservatives being targeted by, and losing to, establishment Republicans in the primaries. We've seen that happen in a fair number of high profile races in the last few elections too.

There are some folks running as Conservatives and winning, but once elected, they do nothing to advance Conservative issues. And on the 4 issues listed, Conservatives have pretty much lost the public debate as measured by public opinion polls.

The question on the table is WHY? I'd hazard the theory that too many Conservatives have listened to or pandered to religious Conservatives on some issues, or special interest lobbies on the others. They've stopped listening to and engaging the common voters and they've lost the debate because of it.

A social conservative is not a conservative.

Okay. You run with that.

That's not what I said. Sorry you're having such a problem with reading comprehension today. Social cons are ideologically-driven conservatives on social issues. All Conservatives are not Social cons. The Conservative PHILOSOPHY stresses the importance of Federalism and state's rights where the people of the community decide their own standards as opposed to central government.

So you are singling out an ideological nugget embraced by social conservatives and pretending this is a Conservative issue when it's really not. You do this because Progressive is your ideology and you have to juxtapose it with Conservatism... but Conservative is a philosophy and your counter philosophy is Radicalism.

The only reason that the GOP is predominant in certain states is because of its inherent racism and its local hot button propaganda, such as religious issues, rura
The only reason the Democrat party is predominant is certain states is because of inherent stupidity

he GOP doesn't have a plan other than Pre-Obamacare. I don't see avoiding a single payer system for long especially when most other first world nations manage
Good luck passing HillaryCare thru a GOP House of Reps and Congress. The people will never give Democrats total control of government again like they did in 2008x. You fuckers can't be trusted to compromise when you get absolute control of legislation.

We won the Senate, we won the House, we won the most governorships. It still blows the OP out of the water.

Irrelevant.

The fact that conservatives have LOST, for example, pretty much across the board on gay rights,

that's irrelevant?

The OP stated that we were losing. He is wrong and I proved that. You are trying to make the argument into something else.

Conservatives wanted to keep same sex marriage illegal, or unrecognized.

You lost.

Conservatives want to make abortion illegal. You lost.

Conservatives want businesses to be able to refuse customers for any reason. You lost.

Name some things conservatives have won.

West Virginia became the 26th Right to work state :)

images

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

Losing on the issues.

The OP was about losing elections. You are trying to change the argument.

Yes, because of the right's position on issues.

But we aren't losing elections so you are wrong.

Hey clueless hack!

Who has control of the House and Senate? Who has the most state governors?

How are you that stupid and still able to use technology to broadcast your stupidity?

And how did they get control of the House and Senate - Gerrymandering. Now that the SC has ruled that voters can petition to have districts drawn by geography, and that voters get to choose the candidate, not the other way around, we'll see how many seats Republicans hold by the end of the 2018 elections.

If you can't see that the Republican Party is totally fractured and is not going back together again any time soon, you are too stupid to be one person.

Moron. Nobody gerrymanders more than the democrats. The GOP is fractured but that is irrelevant to our discussion.
Bullshit. I'm sure you'll dispute this because it comes from a prestigious university rather than the hacks at Fox News but Republicans gerrymander way more than Democrats.

Gerrymanders, Part 1: Busting the both-sides-do-it myth

Democrat Corrinne Brown's district 5, the very definition of Gerrymandering:

View attachment 87566
Yes, they both do it but Republicans do it more often and more egregiously. Are you a Floridian and that's why you care about this particular case? I'm a Utahan and our wonderful GOP leadership launched an initiative a few years back called One Utah where they split the Democratic stronghold down the middle because the rest of Utah is so staunchly Republican. It was the most blatant bit of gerrymandering in the country. And fortunately it still failed.

The fact of the matter is that the GOP did not win the house and senate by gerrymandering. That's complete bull shit.

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

The OP said Conservatives are losing, not the GOP. And that's actually the case. The Conservative movement inside the GOP doesn't have a lot of power and hasn't for a while. McCain, Romney, and Trump all had Conservative backed opponents that the easily stomped in the primary. This year we're seeing a lot of Conservatives being targeted by, and losing to, establishment Republicans in the primaries. We've seen that happen in a fair number of high profile races in the last few elections too.

There are some folks running as Conservatives and winning, but once elected, they do nothing to advance Conservative issues. And on the 4 issues listed, Conservatives have pretty much lost the public debate as measured by public opinion polls.

The question on the table is WHY? I'd hazard the theory that too many Conservatives have listened to or pandered to religious Conservatives on some issues, or special interest lobbies on the others. They've stopped listening to and engaging the common voters and they've lost the debate because of it.

Lol, now that's what I call moving the goalposts!

Conservatives were winning everything after the Gingrich Revolution, which was conservative and produced the results Milton Friedman said they would.

Conservatives started losing once W started spending like a Democrat and wrecking everything he could. W is the greatest ever gift to the Democrats, putting a big spending fiscal and economic disaster on the GOP resume, getting Obama elected, and permanently destroying the credibility of the word "Republican."

When Conservatives ACT like real conservatives and not like Zionist manipulated big spending traitors, they win elections...

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

You lost.

Conservatives want businesses to be able to refuse customers for any reason. You lost.

images

lolol that's it?

that's irrelevant?

Losing on the issues.

Winning elections without any advance of the winners' agenda is a pretty sad straw to grasp at.

Hey clueless hack!

Who has control of the House and Senate? Who has the most state governors?

How are you that stupid and still able to use technology to broadcast your stupidity?
It's called Gerrymandering. Or cheating. It's what the GOP does. Look at their newest attempt at voter suppression. Soon, it will all catch up to them. People won't forget.

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

You lost.

images

lolol that's it?
That and the obvious

upload_2016-8-30_12-28-55.jpeg

what more could a guy want?

Monopoly over three main conduits of mass communication.

The MSM, educational system, and Hollywood (virtually all entertainment.)

Couple all of that with a gullible moronic arrogant populace and this is what you get.

Truth rejected, agendas pushed.

Monopoly over three main conduits of mass communication.

The MSM, educational system, and Hollywood (virtually all entertainment.)

Couple all of that with a gullible moronic arrogant populace and this is what you get.

Truth rejected, agendas pushed.

Oh look, an idiot taking on the role of elitist.

Fascinating.

that's irrelevant?

Losing on the issues.

Tell the OP that.
It's those very issues that keep the GOP from dominating general elections.

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

You lost.

images
Chalk one more up for the gullible rubes. Utah is a right to work (for less) state too. But at least we have an educated populace that has some chance of competing in a global market.

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

You lost.

images
Chalk one more up for the gullible rubes. Utah is a right to work (for less) state too. But at least we have an educated populace that has some chance of competing in a global market.

Gullible my ass.

Irrelevant.

that's irrelevant?

Lol, now that's what I call moving the goalposts!
The Thread title is: "Why are Conservatives losing?" No goalpost moving, that's the thread title and the premise. And that's a 100% valid question. Conservatives aren't winning. They're not advancing their policies. They aren't winning the public discourse on the issues. They aren't even advancing their candidates all that successfully in elections. So why not? Isn't the GOP supposed to be the Conservative party? If it is, then something has clearly gone awry in the party.

Forum List

Back