Why are colored people all pissed off?

Us Greek Americans are losing our culture. Trust me, so are the India indians and arabs and chinese. It just might take a few generations.

Did you see Fresh Off The Boat last night? You think Asian Americans will be like that in 100 years? Hell no. Their kids will be going to white schools and marrying non asians and their kids will melt into America. Even if they are asian they will have more white friends than their parents. They will assimilate. I know its harder for blacks to physically blend in but they could still participate. I don't care if someone is arab or jew or mexican as long as they are Law abiding Americans.
Your post failed to address my post with any relevance. My point was that your claim other groups practiced ownership mentality is directly attributed to their ability to know their history, culture, religon etc. When all you know is that your ancestors were enslaved you dont have much to aspire to. Blacks with KOS also practice a ownership mentality. We need more of them shown in the media instead of the current negative narrative of choice.
That is not my claim. I don't think them having the ability to know their history is that important. All a lot of whites know is their dad was english and their mom was part indian. Most whites have long lost their ancestorial roots. I'm 2nd generation Greek so I haven't lost touch but I see my nephews are. The oldest one says he doesn't want to marry a Greek girl like his father and grandfather did. He's American, not Greek.
Uuuhh.....yeah that is your claim. Did you forget you said this....?

[There's owner mentality and victim mentality. Jews have ownership mentality. Chinese and India Indians have ownership mentality. Even Mexicans want to assimilate and become successful members of society.

It doesnt matter what you think is important. I'm telling you it is. Your history, culture, religion etc is extremely important because if you dont know who you are and what you are about you are pretty much lost. Whites dont count because they only face normal obstacles. They have no racism to overcome.
Makes me think about when white people say stupid shit to asians and then the asian person says, "dude I was born in Denver".

Those 2nd or 3rd generation asians don't know how to speak the language, have never been to China and their parents left because living in China sucked. They came here and were treated like second class citizens. Their kids sometimes wish they didn't look asian.

Yes I am proud to be Greek and I would think there are many many things you can be proud of for being black. And you have a very interesting history. I agree with other posters. You should thank God that someone kidnapped your ancestors and sold them into slavery. It put you here in one of the greatest countries in the world. Can you name another big country you would rather be born into? Canada would be nice. I bet Australia is nice too. Not saying America is the greatest nation anymore but it's still one of the best.

I don't know any ancestor beyond my grand parents. I hear stories of relatives who were killed by the Germans in ww2. We were enslaved by the Turks for longer than you were slaves in America. We can't trace our ancestors back that far. Who knows? My great great great great grandmother might have been a turks slave ho. What does it matter? I think you are making way more out of this than you should.
See thats the difference between doing something out of choice and not because you have to. Also we are talking about as a group, not individuals. Regardless of where Chinese are born they carry the pride of being Chinese where ever they go. Their history is uncontested and self evident. Whites cant get away with saying what they built as a people was done by whites or that it was unimportant and expect anyone to take them seriously. To this date there are Black people in the US that are unaware that Blacks have not only made important contributions but are the foundation of todays current world wide knowledge base. They are unaware of places like Timbuktu being the center of scholarship for centuries.
What do you think is the solution or cure for blacks? What needs to happen?

Your post failed to address my post with any relevance. My point was that your claim other groups practiced ownership mentality is directly attributed to their ability to know their history, culture, religon etc. When all you know is that your ancestors were enslaved you dont have much to aspire to. Blacks with KOS also practice a ownership mentality. We need more of them shown in the media instead of the current negative narrative of choice.
That is not my claim. I don't think them having the ability to know their history is that important. All a lot of whites know is their dad was english and their mom was part indian. Most whites have long lost their ancestorial roots. I'm 2nd generation Greek so I haven't lost touch but I see my nephews are. The oldest one says he doesn't want to marry a Greek girl like his father and grandfather did. He's American, not Greek.

[There's owner mentality and victim mentality. Jews have ownership mentality. Chinese and India Indians have ownership mentality. Even Mexicans want to assimilate and become successful members of society.

It doesnt matter what you think is important. I'm telling you it is. Your history, culture, religion etc is extremely important because if you dont know who you are and what you are about you are pretty much lost. Whites dont count because they only face normal obstacles. They have no racism to overcome.
Makes me think about when white people say stupid shit to asians and then the asian person says, "dude I was born in Denver".

Those 2nd or 3rd generation asians don't know how to speak the language, have never been to China and their parents left because living in China sucked. They came here and were treated like second class citizens. Their kids sometimes wish they didn't look asian.

Yes I am proud to be Greek and I would think there are many many things you can be proud of for being black. And you have a very interesting history. I agree with other posters. You should thank God that someone kidnapped your ancestors and sold them into slavery. It put you here in one of the greatest countries in the world. Can you name another big country you would rather be born into? Canada would be nice. I bet Australia is nice too. Not saying America is the greatest nation anymore but it's still one of the best.

I don't know any ancestor beyond my grand parents. I hear stories of relatives who were killed by the Germans in ww2. We were enslaved by the Turks for longer than you were slaves in America. We can't trace our ancestors back that far. Who knows? My great great great great grandmother might have been a turks slave ho. What does it matter? I think you are making way more out of this than you should.
See thats the difference between doing something out of choice and not because you have to. Also we are talking about as a group, not individuals. Regardless of where Chinese are born they carry the pride of being Chinese where ever they go. Their history is uncontested and self evident. Whites cant get away with saying what they built as a people was done by whites or that it was unimportant and expect anyone to take them seriously. To this date there are Black people in the US that are unaware that Blacks have not only made important contributions but are the foundation of todays current world wide knowledge base. They are unaware of places like Timbuktu being the center of scholarship for centuries.
KOS and abstaining from participating in white culture. Its ok to incorporate some good things but the vast majority of white culture in the US is dysfunctional.

KOS and abstaining from participating in white culture. Its ok to incorporate some good things but the vast majority of white culture in the US is dysfunctional.
How do you figure? I might actually agree with you because us first generation Americans think the same thing about white people. Having kids before marriage. Being lazy and not saving any money. Not willing to work a physically hard job. They come from broken single parent homes. They are on welfare and or food stamps.

I'll be honest with you bro. I have some relatives who are just as bad as the blacks I complain about. The only difference is they aren't criminals. The poor white communities in America don't have gangs. Sure maybe a couple or few but not like the black community. I wonder why that is? It might be because even if you only have a mother in the white community you still have a good chance of finding a good job someday so no need to be a violent criminal. But I still think it is weird that we have such violence in the black communities and the same level of violence is not in the white community. Is that really because you lost your history? So what do we need to do to change that?

How about instead of worrying about your past, focus on your future. Stop having kids before marriage. Not knowing who your father is is a lot more damaging than not knowing where your great great great grandfather came from.

How do you figure? I might actually agree with you because us first generation Americans think the same thing about white people. Having kids before marriage. Being lazy and not saving any money. Not willing to work a physically hard job. They come from broken single parent homes. They are on welfare and or food stamps.

I'll be honest with you bro. I have some relatives who are just as bad as the blacks I complain about. The only difference is they aren't criminals. The poor white communities in America don't have gangs. Sure maybe a couple or few but not like the black community. I wonder why that is? It might be because even if you only have a mother in the white community you still have a good chance of finding a good job someday so no need to be a violent criminal. But I still think it is weird that we have such violence in the black communities and the same level of violence is not in the white community. Is that really because you lost your history? So what do we need to do to change that?

How about instead of worrying about your past, focus on your future. Stop having kids before marriage. Not knowing who your father is is a lot more damaging than not knowing where your great great great grandfather came from.
Some firsts.

You cant have a great future without knowing about your past. Thats all part of who you are and what you expect from yourself. its your foundation.

White people dont determine what marriage is. Thats what I mean about not indulging in white culture. When you accept dysfunctional ideas as legitimate you are going to have some issues.

Most of the Black kids I know that dont know their father is because of death or prison. Both of those are manifestations of the racist society we live in. Knowing how our great great great grandfathers handled fatherhood goes a long way in establishing a foundation for being a future father. Its called modeling behavior. Its a lot like the story about the elephants in Africa. The younger elephants were being separated from the bull elephants and the juvenile elephants had no one to learn from. The juveniles became violent and killed other animals.

In the Absence of Fathers: A Story of Elephants and Men - These Stone Walls

Some firsts.

You cant have a great future without knowing about your past. Thats all part of who you are and what you expect from yourself. its your foundation.

White people dont determine what marriage is. Thats what I mean about not indulging in white culture. When you accept dysfunctional ideas as legitimate you are going to have some issues.

Most of the Black kids I know that dont know their father is because of death or prison. Both of those are manifestations of the racist society we live in. Knowing how our great great great grandfathers handled fatherhood goes a long way in establishing a foundation for being a future father. Its called modeling behavior. Its a lot like the story about the elephants in Africa. The younger elephants were being separated from the bull elephants and the juvenile elephants had no one to learn from. The juveniles became violent and killed other animals.

In the Absence of Fathers: A Story of Elephants and Men - These Stone Walls
Wow I have told that elephant story. You're a very smart guy. I told you half the time I argue with you I'm just playing devil's advocate. I still think you need to get over it, but I see why you can't.

Forum List

Back