Why are Christians afraid to die?

I'm not afraid to die. Two years ago my husband died. More than anything in the world I didn't want him to leave me and more than anything in the world he didn't want to leave me. Neither one of us was afraid to die.

Saying the people who don't want to die are afraid to die doesn't address the complexity of human understanding. Sometimes they just want to see how the movie ends.

Started in my spine as best as they could figure out. Lost one kidney so far, my only surgery. Have a lot of deeper internal pain lately, doc thinks it has moved into my liver or pancreas? Maybe some into my brain as well, That does not work as well either. Of course that could be from the pain meds...
Think I am turning into a tea Partier :)
No need for more MRI's blood tests and such. Just on pain control, not working as well as it used to though.

Could account for my crankier than usual posts of recent time.

I mean if they have faith that they are going to their great reward for all eternity...

Not all are afraid.

Why are some non-believers afraid to die? I mean if they believe there is whole lot of nothingness after death.

I think the fear of eternal punichment for their sins is why many believers are afraid.

Of course. But there are others who believe in the redemption for our sins. People in any group, believers or non-believers are much too complex and varied to paint with one brush as of being of the same mind on life after death.

Started in my spine as best as they could figure out. Lost one kidney so far, my only surgery. Have a lot of deeper internal pain lately, doc thinks it has moved into my liver or pancreas? Maybe some into my brain as well, That does not work as well either. Of course that could be from the pain meds...
No need for more MRI's blood tests and such. Just on pain control, not working as well as it used to though.

I have nothing so dire to account for my own crankiness. Sorry to hear you are dealing with all that cancer brings uscitizen.

Strange thing is, I am a smoker and throat and lungs still seem fine.
You just never know....

I am sincerely sorry for your circumstances. I know how hard this is, how painful, God Bless you and your family.

If you are a true Christian yes.
They are but a single digit percentage of those who claim to be christians.

Garbage.

Yes those that only claim to be christians but do not walk the walk are garbage.

Christian sinners. You don't believe the two words should exist together? I had no idea that choosing to be a Christian meant you must be perfect and without sin. Thankfully Jesus Christ understands. lol

Yes those that only claim to be christians but do not walk the walk are garbage.

Christian sinners. You don't believe the two words should exist together? I had no idea that choosing to be a Christian meant you must be perfect and without sin. Thankfully Jesus Christ understands. lol

Ahh yes no one is perfect but many sin today with the intention of beinf forgiven tomorrow on a daily basis.
Those who use religion for their own gain/purposes are garbage. That is what I really meant.

Ahh yes no one is perfect but many sin today with the intention of beinf forgiven tomorrow on a daily basis.
Those who use religion for their own gain/purposes are garbage. That is what I really meant.

Yeah but the lesson in this all is that you and I uscitizen should not worry our pretty little heads over the spiritual foibles of others, lest we become catty "church" ladies, another subset who often irritate the flock. :eusa_angel::eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back