Why are Christians afraid to die?

in a moment of dark reality....my mother would be so much better off dead.....as much as that pains me to say...hers is a total mental hell.....physically she is okay....but dementia is hell on everyone..she is coming off a good week....but the progressive disease is progressing....i will feel no guilt....my mother died a few years ago...

why do we morn those who die who are leaving a life of pain? i dont. so i cannot answer that question....when my childhood friend had cancer...i was sadden by the waste of her death but not sadden by her death...she was in great pain and suffering...but she was the youngest of all 3 of us....
we were childhood friends......lk and i were the wild ones....drive fast...in cars with boys...while doll
never drove fast...and never was in the car with boys...she played the organ and piano...had true talent...she also suffered from the same skin disease i do...she took more radical treatments....her hands began to gnarl.....she had to have her car modified for her hands...she could no longer play anything....then the cancer came...perhaps only the good do die young?

We mourn for many reasons, but mainly for our loss. We also mourn for the life that could have been (in the case of children and young adults), and the suffering of those left behind. We do not mourn for an end to their pain.

in a moment of dark reality....my mother would be so much better off dead.....as much as that pains me to say...hers is a total mental hell.....physically she is okay....but dementia is hell on everyone..she is coming off a good week....but the progressive disease is progressing....i will feel no guilt....my mother died a few years ago...

I went thru the same thing with my mother. She passed a few years ago, I was relieved for her.

I believe that.

Me too.
But I do not fear death and it is not far away.

why do you say that?

sorry about your mom.....its just a hard row to hoe....watching someone slip away

Ohh I was given about 1 year to live about 4 years ago.
They said if I did chemo and such I might gain 1 year. I declined the chemo, did not want more suffering from it in my last days. I have far outlived their expectations without their million dollar treatments....
The pain grows and death may be welcome soon.

What I fear more than death is the idea of getting old and feeble and ending my days in a nursing home completely dependant on others for my most basic needs.

I mean if they have faith that they are going to their great reward for all eternity...

Not all are afraid.

Why are some non-believers afraid to die? I mean if they believe there is whole lot of nothingness after death.

What I fear more than death is the idea of getting old and feeble and ending my days in a nursing home completely dependant on others for my most basic needs.

Yep I still live in my own home. I have a cook/housekeeper and a hospice nurse twice a week.
If I see myself going into full time care I will end it for myself.
I of course have a living will which says let me die.

Last edited:
I mean if they have faith that they are going to their great reward for all eternity...

I am not afraid to die. Once you been there or close to it the mystique is gone and it is a beautiful state of being.

However, I have so much to live for and do not want to go yet.

Forum List

Back