Why are Christians afraid to die?

Simple. Most aren't, except for the possible pain or suffering that might come with death or because they don't want to leave friends, family and the life that they have on earth.

Pretty easy.

Next question?

Simple. Most aren't, except for the possible pain or suffering that might come with death or because they don't want to leave friends, family and the life that they have on earth.

Pretty easy.

Next question?

So fear trumps faith in god? Family trumps faith in god's will?

I have also noticed that Christians will keep a loved one alive at any cost to the loved one.
Why not let them pass peacefully into gods heaven?

Last edited:
we all fear the unknown...i have a hard time conceptualizing death....the cold stillness....i am terrified of being buried....(way too much sci fi as a child...way too much) did you know they use to have bells in graveyards....so if you awoke in your coffin you had a string that would ring the bell....and the fear of being buried alive....(read a lot of poe)

Why? They are hipocrits like most Christians are. Faith should overpower ANYTHING

faith can not over come..say a brain tumor....who is that guy benny henn? he says people who dont recover aftering giving him their life savings...simply didnt have faith

Pretty easy.

Next question?

Hmmmm....see if I can make this simpler.

People fear pain and suffering. If I feel that I'm going to the land of milk and honey, but there's a good chance that I'm going to have to suffer, perhaps even a lot before i get there, I'm going to fear that pain and suffering.

If I know that I'm going to heaven, and that someday my family will be there with me, I'm still going to fear leaving them.

The fact that i fear the pain and suffereing of death, or miss my family does not reflect on my faith that I'm going to a better place. Your logic is faulty.

Got it?

faith can not over come..say a brain tumor....who is that guy benny henn? he says people who dont recover aftering giving him their life savings...simply didnt have faith

I figure there is a special place in hell for those "seed money" "christians".

Pretty easy.

Next question?

People fear pain and suffering. If I feel that I'm going to the land of milk and honey, but there's a good chance that I'm going to have to suffer, perhaps even a lot before i get there, I'm going to fear that pain and suffering.

If I know that I'm going to heaven, and that someday my family will be there with me, I'm still going to fear leaving them.

The fact that i fear the pain and suffereing of death, or miss my family does not reflect on my faith that I'm going to a better place. Your logic is faulty.

Got it?

Yeah I got it, not enough faith to believe that letting your loved one pass on is better than prolonging their suffering.

Got it?

Yeah I got it, not enough faith to believe that letting your loved one pass on is better than prolonging their suffering.

WTF? Changing the subject now? What does that have to do with anything?

ahhh the concept of a special place in hell......what are those books...conversation with god?

interesting concept of there is no hell...where god explains that hitler is in heaven....why? cause as a simple man he did not know what he was doing etc and so forth...but an interesting read on the concept of no hell

ahhh the concept of a special place in hell......what are those books...conversation with god?

interesting concept of there is no hell...where god explains that hitler is in heaven....why? cause as a simple man he did not know what he was doing etc and so forth...but an interesting read on the concept of no hell

I haven't believed in hell for decades.

why do we morn those who die who are leaving a life of pain? i dont. so i cannot answer that question....when my childhood friend had cancer...i was sadden by the waste of her death but not sadden by her death...she was in great pain and suffering...but she was the youngest of all 3 of us....
we were childhood friends......lk and i were the wild ones....drive fast...in cars with boys...while doll
never drove fast...and never was in the car with boys...she played the organ and piano...had true talent...she also suffered from the same skin disease i do...she took more radical treatments....her hands began to gnarl.....she had to have her car modified for her hands...she could no longer play anything....then the cancer came...perhaps only the good do die young?

Forum List

Back