Why Are Atheists Obsessed With Religion?

garyganu

May 4, 2012
I find it odd that most of the comments on topics dealing with religion are made by atheists. I have noticed this phenomenon on many message boards on the internet.

It seems that atheism is more than just the belief that God does not exist. Atheists actively and aggressively condemn religion and belittle those who believe in God. Atheists seek to discredit, mock and belittle religion and harass it's followers. They seek out internet forums that discuss religion only to mock and taunt the believers. Atheist groups pay for billboards, TV and bus signs that ridicule religion and God. They tear down crosses at cemeteries and war memorials. They bring court cases to remove the word God from our currency and our schools and to have the Ten Commandments removed from our courthouses. Predominant Atheists even write books about their so called non-belief. It seems to me that: "Thou atheists doth protest too much".

It seems that atheists have a disdain for God, religion and their followers. It seems that atheists are angry with God. If this is true, then they aren't atheists at all. Could it be that atheists just hate or resent God?

Last edited:
Ask any atheist you know to go out side, shoot both middle fingers up to the sky and yell: "F*ck You God!".

Haven't found a single one yet that'll do it.

Ask any atheist you know to go out side, shoot both middle fingers up to the sky and yell: "F*ck You God!".

Who cares?

I'll do it.

Why are you so afraid of your god?

I have............no lightening bolt out of the sky struck me down. Because there's a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation for lightening, not that someones silly god is angry. :)

garyganu said:
Atheists actively and aggressively condemns religion and belittles those who believe in God.

Because you and most other religious people simply adore those that on a fundamental level don't believe in the god you worship, whether they're vocal about it or not. [/sarcasm]

You only think they're going to hell, which I assume is a topic taken seriously by you.

I have............no lightening bolt out of the sky struck me down. Because there's a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation for lightening, not that someones silly god is angry. :)

He's letting you think about it....he doesn't ALWAYS use lightening whenever some imbecile doesn't something stupid. He lets you think about it.....gives you a chance to repent. Someday you're luck will run out.....

Who cares?

I'll do it.

We're not afraid of our God...we respect our God.

Sounds like you have to be careful about what you say or else

Why worship a God that can be such a douche if you tick him off?

Who cares?

I'll do it.

I can't speak for everyone but me personally,my fear of God is respect. The same kind of fear I had for my parents.

Atheists don't know for sure whether God exists. I don't think most atheist would do it just in case they are wrong. Mocking the creator can't be a good thing.

Who cares?

I'll do it.

No. He doesn't expect us to be perfect...we screw up and many times i've asked for forgiveness for what i've said. And there's nothing wrong with questioning God...He expects it. He's not going to strike me dead because i questioned Him....

Who cares?

I'll do it.

You know I wonder on judgment day if your whole life flashes before your eyes. I am sure some of these things you say in this forum will come to mind on that day.

You know I wonder on judgment day if your whole life flashes before your eyes. I am sure some of these things you say in this forum will come to mind on that day.

I am well aware that God reads this forum. He negs me once and a while

I am one of his favorite posters

I am well aware that God reads this forum. He negs me once and a while

I am one of his favorite posters

I am sure you are.

They’re not.

They merely seek to uphold the Constitutional mandate of separation of church and State.

It seems that atheism is more than just the belief that God does not exist. Atheists actively and aggressively condemn religion and belittle those who believe in God.

As with most everything else, your ignorance of ‘atheism’ is comprehensive.

Religionists can be obsessed with religion.

Consider wackos like koshergirl, garyganu, and burford,

They’re not.

They merely seek to uphold the Constitutional mandate of separation of church and State.

It seems that atheism is more than just the belief that God does not exist. Atheists actively and aggressively condemn religion and belittle those who believe in God.

As with most everything else, your ignorance of ‘atheism’ is comprehensive.

No, no they don't. The really bad ones are obsessed with it and will go out of their way to vandalise religious icons (well Christian ones anyway, they seem content to leave the Muslims alone, mayhaps they're afraid they'll get killed trying to impose their will on those folks?) and bring lawsuits against whatever Christian group they choose. The COTUS states that there shall be no STATE RELIGION, it doesn't say that religious groups can't use Public Buildings or grounds. It just means that EVERY RELIGIOUS group has the right to use them.

Your understanding of the COTUS is, as usual, wrong.

Separation of church and state is a clear concept in our law, has been for a long time.

However, we are the most religious people in the word, and our religious values infuse our government and its actions.

Forum List

Back