why are american presidents holding hands and bowing to saudis?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
A 13-year-old girl has been sentenced to 90 lashes and two months' prison in Saudi Arabia after she took a mobile phone to school.

A court ordered the girl to be flogged in front of her classmates following an assault on the school principal, according to the Saudi daily newspaper Al-Watan.

After the assault she was discovered to have concealed a mobile phone, breaking strict Saudi regulations banning the use of camera-equipped phones in girls' schools.

Al-Watan said a court in the northeastern Gulf port of Jubail had sentenced the girl to 90 lashes inside her school, followed by two months' detention.

The punishment is harsher than tha dished out to some robbers and looters.

Saudi Arabia, a leading US ally in the Middle East, is an absolute monarchy controlled by the Al-Saud ruling tribe, and lacks any legal code.

Read more: Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school | Mail Online

arent the saudi's the most militant of the muslims with harsh religious courts etc...yet we call them allies...something aint right here.

A court ordered the girl to be flogged in front of her classmates following an assault on the school principal, according to the Saudi daily newspaper Al-Watan.
She assulted the school Principal.

The cell phone offence was secondary.

Too bad we can't discipline bad kids in our schools the same way.

:doubt: :cuckoo:

Thanks for posting the article and calling it to our attention, Bones.

Maybe we should just invade them, take the oil, and give them democracy in return.

Seems like a fair trade to me.

She will never bring her phone to school again.

And like Ang said, it is because of oil and the fact Saudi is very "involved" in the US.

Not saying we should do this to our children, but look how well taking corporal punishment out of schools here worked. We a corporate world that has had to change the way they treat their employees, because my generation thinks they are entitled to everything.

Not saying we should do this to our children, but look how well taking corporal punishment out of schools here worked. We a corporate world that has had to change the way they treat their employees, because my generation thinks they are entitled to everything.
You really think it's a good thing for teachers to beat their kids?:eek:

Nice strawman! :thup:

More like slapping them on the wrists! ;)

I had a teacher who threw erasers at us if we were talking or day dreaming, after I got hit a few times I learned my lesson. He was probably the best teacher I ever had.

More like slapping them on the wrists! ;)

I had a teacher who threw erasers at us if we were talking or day dreaming, after I got hit a few times I learned my lesson. He was probably the best teacher I ever had.
Eraser tossing is affectionate. Erasers are soft and cuddly.
I had a teacher in 8th grade smack me in the back of my head and nearly break my ankle when I fled the room and she tried to stop me. I never returned to the class but somehow I ended up with an A for the semester.
I saw a lot of violence in my school and most of it came from teachers.

A 13-year-old girl has been sentenced to 90 lashes and two months' prison in Saudi Arabia after she took a mobile phone to school.

And in this country, we are debating whether or not 13 year old girls should be allowed to send nude pictures of themselves.

PEOPLE!!! We need to have some global cell phone standards!

New Topics

Forum List

Back