CDZ Why are American movies getting worse?

Last three movies I saw in a theater were Amadeus, The Unforgiven, and a Dracula remake. The seats were crappy, the cost too much for what they were, and the audience was annoying.

Hollywood makes movies for kids now, the dumbasses being cranked out by the modern 'education system'(snicker), and have little or no literary or artistic taste of any kind. These are the same generations making them now as well, so there should be no mystery as to why movies are they way they are now.

Some of the movies made for young children are pretty good, but almost nothing for adults except an occasional 'art film' every few years that manages to get promoted enough to become known and reviewed. Most end up on TV anyway, so why go a theater any more?
Good movie choices, did not see the Dracula movie, was it any good?

I thought it was okay, better than the old versions, imo, which were more comedies than horror movies, just went because others wanted to see it. Not a real fan of horror flicks, so my 'reviews' aren't any good for those who are.

Amadeus was a long movie, worth the ticket price, but the seats were narrow, no leg room, and I had to stand up and stand in the aisle for 20 minute stretches to get through it, and many others did as well, almost as many standing in the back and in the aisles as in the seats. The ushers didn't like that, but nobody backed down and they left us alone after the first attempt at getting us to sit down; we weren't blocking anybody's los. A brand new UA cinema, iirc. I keep waiting for it to show up on TV, but it never did, at least that I ever noticed.

Forum List

Back