Why Are All Black People...?

Have you ever been exposed to any stereotypes? Together we can abolish them.

• Yes, but I am neither black or white.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I am white.

• No, but I am neither black or white.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To answer the OP, I don't recognize most of those stereotypes. I don't believe most people are Racists and feel that much of the Racial discord that exists today in America is the direct result of the media and what and how often it chooses to run Racially charged Black-White conflicts.
So basically youre saying an entire race of people imagine all the racist stuff cops do that doesnt make the news?

LOL, you seem quite comfortable with stereotyping "an entire race" when it suits your purposes.

As a Caucasian, I tire of hearing loud, obnoxious blacks claiming victimhood and how all whites are racists. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and earned money as a kid, mowing lawns. I joined the military when the draft was on and made it a career. In my youth, I had almost no exposure to blacks, however, when I joined the military, I worked alongside blacks and found dedicated, hard-working individuals who wanted to move up, just as anyone else did. One of my commander's was a black officer who I would have followed into hell for, such was his character. I credit the military for exposing me to various races and beliefs. However, this current stream of loud and obnoxious individuals who act as though they are speaking for the entire black race, which they are not, are nothing more than common criminals and those who are related to, or friends of common criminals. I have no respect for them.
We have a black president, a black senator, black congressmen, black doctors, nurses, lawyers, scientists (my favorite being Astrophysicist Neil de Grasse Tyson), astronauts, business owners, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and law enforcement personnel. There is no occupation beyond a blacks desire. However, to achieve any occupational goal, one must remain focused on what it takes to achieve the goal, get the support from his/her family and friends and have the IQ to attain it.

First off, I'd like to thank anyone who actually decides to read all of this. I think this gives a bit of enlightenment on America's current situation from someone with color. I have not been directly affected by the events taking place across the nation, but the negativity going around has definitely has taken a toll. Here's what it is like to be me as a black person, and my general opinion on the things going on currently.

You don't know how many people have stereotypes about my personality before they even meet me just because I'm black. I'd like to disprove a few stereotypes that I've been exposed to over the years:

1) "All black people are loud and obnoxious." I am actually very bashful and soft-spoken. I find it difficult to start conversations with other people because I'm so socially awkward sometimes. A teacher has never reprimanded me for being too loud. In fact, teachers have occasionally scolded me for being too quiet during oral presentations and group projects. A lot of people come up to me and expect me to have a ton of things to say, but they are disappointed when I hardly say anything at all.

2) "All black people are stupid." Actually I have straight A's, all honors and AP classes, and I am in the top 2% of my class. I'd like to think I am intelligent *wink wink*.

3) "All black people wear weave/ have short hair." My hair, when straightened, goes down to the middle of my back. Many people ask if they can feel my hair (so they can check for tracks). I used get annoyed by it, but it doesn't bother me so much anymore. People also assume that I am mixed because of it, which as far as I know, I am mostly black. I know some of my great grandparents were Arab, Dutch, and Native American though.

4) "Black people are easily offended." I can't speak for everyone, but I like dark humor and I don't really mind comedy sketches regarding black culture. Unless someone is directly attacking me, I don't see a reason to cause a riot over what was supposed to be a joke.

5) "Black people all listen to rap and hip hop." This one actually pisses me off. My own father (yes I have a both of my biological parents, what a surprise) even criticizes me because I don't really listen to rap. I prefer indie and alternative rock, new retrowave music, and even a bit of metal if I'm in the right mood. Music is not classified by race, and everyone can have a preference without "trying to be someone they're not". I will admit that growing up in mostly white schools could have influenced me, but so did my sister and she likes rap just fine. It's all bullshit to me, and that's why I think these stereotypes exist. It is just like a white girl being harassed because she only listens to rap, and everyone thinking she's trying to be black.

6) "Black people are a threat to society. They are criminals." Just because a small percentage of black people decide to become criminals, does not mean all are. Do you want to know who the real criminals are? People that commit crimes. I know statistics say this or that, but keep in mind, the prison population only represents a small portion of this nation, and environmental factors heavily influence these numbers, which makes a difference in such a small data sample.

This is just me speaking from the perspective of an African American 15 year old girl. I don't see color, and my friends come in all shades. Many people say I'm an "Oreo", or that I'm trying to neglect who I am as a black person. To me, I see it as my personality, and I never once thought of these characteristics as non-black specific. It sickens me that even my own father can't learn to accept that not all black people have to act the same way to be considered truly black.

As for my opinions about the "race war" currently going on here, it is not up to one person to change the direction we are heading, when the steering wheel weighs 30 tons. While I agree that a person with power, or a leader of some sort would be helpful, that is not going to fully change things. People with hatred are always going to have the loudest voice until we stand united, unable to be penetrated. That's why it takes everyone's help.

My advice is to try to have an equal amount of friends in every race, even if it means going out of your comfort zone. You may be surprised by the things you may learn. I've learned a lot from my white friends, and even if we disagree, it always makes a fun and healthy debate. You can't say you know something about a group of people by judging from a mile away, or just because you met one or two out of millions. Nor can you try to help a group of people if you don't even have a friend from that group to help. This can be said about any race. I also suggest that you look up the official procedure for getting pulled over by the police and when it is appropriate for a police officer to use a weapon in your state/county. If you ever get pulled over, have that in mind.

Finally, and most importantly, ignore those that only speak in the form of hatred. There is no reason to be hateful towards someone you don't even know, and those types of people are making a choice: to remain ignorant. They don't want to learn, and are only trying to further their agenda by attempting to cause a scene. People who want to learn/inform are respectful and polite about their opinions. Know the difference. Also, proving someone wrong with insults or by blaming another race is unnecessary, doesn't resolve anything, and makes you look just as bad. It will be an endless cycle. Get your voice everywhere. Don't just post on one place, post on every social media platform, forum, and comments section. Thank you and I hope this helped.

Young lady, let me give you a perspective you have not yet experienced - life in the military or of any First Responder.

I freely admit to a bit of bigotry when I enlisted in the Army. I was raised in a religious sect that felt those who did not belong were somehow less than myself and my fellow members. Growing up in Southern California, I also was bigoted when it came to Greasers and Beaners, as we called Mexicans.

By the time I finished Basic Training, every single one of those stupid ideas had been erased. I learned there was no room for such things in a united effort to work together for a specific goal. Those around me were members of a team and their race, religion, sex, or age meant absolutely nothing.

I did not serve in a combat role in Vietnam, but the feelings of unity were strong and all I ever saw was the uniform.

If you're lying in a hospital looking at the tube leading into a vein, not one bit of ignorant racism makes a bit of sense!

Hopefully, you will surround yourself with people who see you as who you are in your heart and soul and not your skin color.

As a Caucasian, I tire of hearing loud, obnoxious blacks claiming victimhood and how all whites are racists. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and earned money as a kid, mowing lawns. I joined the military when the draft was on and made it a career. In my youth, I had almost no exposure to blacks, however, when I joined the military, I worked alongside blacks and found dedicated, hard-working individuals who wanted to move up, just as anyone else did. One of my commander's was a black officer who I would have followed into hell for, such was his character. I credit the military for exposing me to various races and beliefs. However, this current stream of loud and obnoxious individuals who act as though they are speaking for the entire black race, which they are not, are nothing more than common criminals and those who are related to, or friends of common criminals. I have no respect for them.
We have a black president, a black senator, black congressmen, black doctors, nurses, lawyers, scientists (my favorite being Astrophysicist Neil de Grasse Tyson), astronauts, business owners, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and law enforcement personnel. There is no occupation beyond a blacks desire. However, to achieve any occupational goal, one must remain focused on what it takes to achieve the goal, get the support from his/her family and friends and have the IQ to attain it.

What a great response! You spoke what is in my heart.

First off, I'd like to thank anyone who actually decides to read all of this. I think this gives a bit of enlightenment on America's current situation from someone with color. I have not been directly affected by the events taking place across the nation, but the negativity going around has definitely has taken a toll. Here's what it is like to be me as a black person, and my general opinion on the things going on currently.

You don't know how many people have stereotypes about my personality before they even meet me just because I'm black. I'd like to disprove a few stereotypes that I've been exposed to over the years:

1) "All black people are loud and obnoxious." I am actually very bashful and soft-spoken. I find it difficult to start conversations with other people because I'm so socially awkward sometimes. A teacher has never reprimanded me for being too loud. In fact, teachers have occasionally scolded me for being too quiet during oral presentations and group projects. A lot of people come up to me and expect me to have a ton of things to say, but they are disappointed when I hardly say anything at all.

2) "All black people are stupid." Actually I have straight A's, all honors and AP classes, and I am in the top 2% of my class. I'd like to think I am intelligent *wink wink*.

3) "All black people wear weave/ have short hair." My hair, when straightened, goes down to the middle of my back. Many people ask if they can feel my hair (so they can check for tracks). I used get annoyed by it, but it doesn't bother me so much anymore. People also assume that I am mixed because of it, which as far as I know, I am mostly black. I know some of my great grandparents were Arab, Dutch, and Native American though.

4) "Black people are easily offended." I can't speak for everyone, but I like dark humor and I don't really mind comedy sketches regarding black culture. Unless someone is directly attacking me, I don't see a reason to cause a riot over what was supposed to be a joke.

5) "Black people all listen to rap and hip hop." This one actually pisses me off. My own father (yes I have a both of my biological parents, what a surprise) even criticizes me because I don't really listen to rap. I prefer indie and alternative rock, new retrowave music, and even a bit of metal if I'm in the right mood. Music is not classified by race, and everyone can have a preference without "trying to be someone they're not". I will admit that growing up in mostly white schools could have influenced me, but so did my sister and she likes rap just fine. It's all bullshit to me, and that's why I think these stereotypes exist. It is just like a white girl being harassed because she only listens to rap, and everyone thinking she's trying to be black.

6) "Black people are a threat to society. They are criminals." Just because a small percentage of black people decide to become criminals, does not mean all are. Do you want to know who the real criminals are? People that commit crimes. I know statistics say this or that, but keep in mind, the prison population only represents a small portion of this nation, and environmental factors heavily influence these numbers, which makes a difference in such a small data sample.

This is just me speaking from the perspective of an African American 15 year old girl. I don't see color, and my friends come in all shades. Many people say I'm an "Oreo", or that I'm trying to neglect who I am as a black person. To me, I see it as my personality, and I never once thought of these characteristics as non-black specific. It sickens me that even my own father can't learn to accept that not all black people have to act the same way to be considered truly black.

As for my opinions about the "race war" currently going on here, it is not up to one person to change the direction we are heading, when the steering wheel weighs 30 tons. While I agree that a person with power, or a leader of some sort would be helpful, that is not going to fully change things. People with hatred are always going to have the loudest voice until we stand united, unable to be penetrated. That's why it takes everyone's help.

My advice is to try to have an equal amount of friends in every race, even if it means going out of your comfort zone. You may be surprised by the things you may learn. I've learned a lot from my white friends, and even if we disagree, it always makes a fun and healthy debate. You can't say you know something about a group of people by judging from a mile away, or just because you met one or two out of millions. Nor can you try to help a group of people if you don't even have a friend from that group to help. This can be said about any race. I also suggest that you look up the official procedure for getting pulled over by the police and when it is appropriate for a police officer to use a weapon in your state/county. If you ever get pulled over, have that in mind.

Finally, and most importantly, ignore those that only speak in the form of hatred. There is no reason to be hateful towards someone you don't even know, and those types of people are making a choice: to remain ignorant. They don't want to learn, and are only trying to further their agenda by attempting to cause a scene. People who want to learn/inform are respectful and polite about their opinions. Know the difference. Also, proving someone wrong with insults or by blaming another race is unnecessary, doesn't resolve anything, and makes you look just as bad. It will be an endless cycle. Get your voice everywhere. Don't just post on one place, post on every social media platform, forum, and comments section. Thank you and I hope this helped.

You will read a lot of ugliness in these forums, Mikayla, but just ignore those types of responses.

You're an excellent writer, especially for someone of your age, and you've got a special ability to think about and see and write about these issues. Being an outsider gives one a unique perspective, keep that perspective, use it, work with it, and write it! Write, write, write.

Submit your writing to editors of publications. Write editorials, write for online publications, write stupid poetry and boring fiction. Be prepared to be rejected over and over again. Then submit more of your work. The more you write, the better you will get at it.

Great OP. Keep it up!

This rant is too long.

I think the biggest problem in the black community is fatherless kids. You and I can thank our dads for us turning alright.

I agree with this part.

Therefore it is easy to infer the following:

1 - most black males are promiscuous and irresponsible;

2 - most black females are promiscuous and irresponsible.

Q.E.D.

Why do black people act like such retard's?
Because even a retarded Black person is more intelligent than a cave chimp such as yourself?
Why did you take control of this thread that was clearly intended to be a positive dialogue between Blacks and Whites and turn it into a nasty racial exchange? Why do you do this? I don't understand.
You dont understand a lot of things so its no surprise that even though someone else said Blacks act like retards you think I started something.
I don't understand what it feels like to be discriminated against I'll give you that. I do know that constantly looking for Racism in everything and everyone is not constructive. Yes there are some Racist Cops and some Racist Whites and some Racist Blacks but they are not the majority.
I beg to differ. Seeing racism in white cops kept me alive long enough to celebrate my 21rst birthday. I didnt meet a good white cop until I was in my late 20's. Since you dont understand discrimination you probably are buddies with a lot of racist white people and just dont know it.
Best thing to do around cops is do what they tell you.

Their guns are not toys.

How thoughtful. I went to Manual high (go bolts!) back in 72, being assigned to the media club. I was the token honkey that needed educating by those poor oppressed blacks. I love blacks. But next time I get a lecture from a liberal democrat I just hear white noise and just hear yet again more hypocritical demagoguery .
Jungle love.

I think the biggest problem in the black community is fatherless kids. You and I can thank our dads for us turning alright.

I agree with this part.

Therefore it is easy to infer the following:

1 - most black males are promiscuous and irresponsible;

2 - most black females are promiscuous and irresponsible.

Q.E.D.
Maybe not most but far too many yes.

That was being nice, now let's be honest. America needs to run a commercial every hour every day. A PSA. And it is a message to all young men and women not just blacks. We will no longer call your pregnancy an accident. His dick didn't accidentally fall into your pussy. If you get pregnant as of one month from now you will not get food stamps. You better be able to afford your baby or the state will let an anonymous couple raise your kid. Don't get pregnant. And the biological parents still have to pay child support for 18 years even if only $100 a month

Last edited:
Because even a retarded Black person is more intelligent than a cave chimp such as yourself?
Why did you take control of this thread that was clearly intended to be a positive dialogue between Blacks and Whites and turn it into a nasty racial exchange? Why do you do this? I don't understand.
You dont understand a lot of things so its no surprise that even though someone else said Blacks act like retards you think I started something.
I don't understand what it feels like to be discriminated against I'll give you that. I do know that constantly looking for Racism in everything and everyone is not constructive. Yes there are some Racist Cops and some Racist Whites and some Racist Blacks but they are not the majority.
I beg to differ. Seeing racism in white cops kept me alive long enough to celebrate my 21rst birthday. I didnt meet a good white cop until I was in my late 20's. Since you dont understand discrimination you probably are buddies with a lot of racist white people and just dont know it.
Best thing to do around cops is do what they tell you.

Their guns are not toys.
Sometimes you have to die to maintain your dignity. I have no issue with that but I wont go by myself.

You will read a lot of ugliness in these forums, Mikayla, but just ignore those types of responses.

You're an excellent writer, especially for someone of your age, and you've got a special ability to think about and see and write about these issues. Being an outsider gives one a unique perspective, keep that perspective, use it, work with it, and write it! Write, write, write.

Submit your writing to editors of publications. Write editorials, write for online publications, write stupid poetry and boring fiction. Be prepared to be rejected over and over again. Then submit more of your work. The more you write, the better you will get at it.

Great OP. Keep it up!
Thank you so much for your feedback and advice! I've always loved writing, as soon as I could read it's all I could do haha. I'll be sure to continue writing well after my years of education are over.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I consider myself to be very privileged compared my ancestors, even people that live in poverty in modern day society. I also firmly believe in equal opportunity and that hard work will get you somewhere in life, hence why I'm one of the top students at my school. I was not at all trying to imply that all whites are racists or that all blacks are victims. I realize that white people often are subject to racism and stereotypical assumptions just as much or even more often than people of color. I was simply stating some of the stereotypes I've been exposed to and how it applied to me personally. I'd like to thank you for sharing your story, and telling your perspective.

1.) They are loud in public.
6.) Something like 70% all violent crime by young black males. worse if u add in "other" and morph over to mexicans/SA.

Sorry sister, data driven above.

I am on record stating Mil/Dal police chiefs are great. Smart, yes. What we git now instead? Evil, dishonest, racist, america hater.
But saying ALL are loud and criminals is what I'm getting at. I'm not denying that, yes, some maybe even a lot of black people are. I have seen the statistics. But the fact that 70% of the prison population is black does not translate to 70% of the general black population being active criminals. What I am really getting at here is, I don't think I have any grudges against white people, and the only reason I'd dislike you is after I meet you and see that I, in fact, don't like your personality. I just don't think it's right for people of ANY race judge other people before getting to know them solely based off of their appearance or because of their biased experiences. That's all I was trying to get across to people. Don't judge a book by its cover, perhaps lol?
Did you say this when the Italians were going around killing each other and others with no remorse.When the prison populations were full of wops.When old sparky was frying more Italians then whites.Did you say this then.All Blacks are not loud and criminals. The majority of them are quiet law abiding humans. Check out the copycat whites.

You are on your way to true wisdom. My only advice is to rely on your own intellect and experience rather than rely on what others tell you. Stereotypes run in both directions; what other people may assume about you and what you assume about them. Many people are simply unaware of what offends others. Try to accept them as you would like to be accepted.

I know this is a baiting thread. Purley. So If I respond to it with something theoretically like: "Want to end racism? "Then stop acting like a negative racial stereotype". I know, that's over the top, it's hateful and mean, demands to much. Or is it? Or is it just being realistic?

I know this is a baiting thread. Purley. So If I respond to it with something theoretically like: "Want to end racism? "Then stop acting like a negative racial stereotype". I know, that's over the top, it's hateful and mean, demands to much. Or is it? Or is it just being realistic?

How about Stop accepting racial stereotypes? That mean stop thinking of yourself or others as members of a group, but as individuals. Discard these artificial limitations and get on with your own lives.

How about Stop accepting racial stereotypes? That mean stop thinking of yourself or others as members of a group, but as individuals. Discard these artificial limitations and get on with your own lives.
Anyone dare step out of those limitations, treading on new ground. Or they get bashed by extremist as sell outs and Uncle Toms. Blacks need to break free of their own chains now. Are they up to it? Plenty of of other groups that were hobbled in the past transcended their hurdles, why not blacks? 150 year past slavery, 60 years past segregation. Perhaps the fault lay not in your stars but yourselves....

Forum List

Back