Why are 99% of Hollywood, Liberals?

Look at all this hating of rich people going on? Good old class warfare on display. Why are you so jealous of other people who have earned success?

Actually, no. If there is any hate in the thread, which I really havent seen. It's those that hate stupidity.

Did you really just say you hate stupidity?

Really?

Holy shit that's funny!

I'm sorry. I forgot I was talking to someone who either can't read or is dishonest. My bad

I would challenge that number. While the more outspoken Hollywood people are liberals, there are many who remain silent and we have no idea what their political leanings are. The few Republican actors that speak out likely fear some reprisals, such as not getting offered more roles. I think it's assumed that Hollywood is predominently liberal and some don't want to risk their careers if that turns out to be true.

It is safe for Eastwood and a few others, like Jon Voight and Tom Selleck, to speak out since they've already had successful careers and no one can take that away. I think the majority of actors just don't say anything one way or the other.

I agree with you to a point...I think most actors are both personally and professionally apolitical.

---

One thing that may lure them to Democratic politics is that the SAG is one of the most active unions.

I was at the taping of a commercial this past weekend in fact. It will air during the Super Bowl next year. The extras in the commercial were all SAG members...that was explained to me by my hostess who got me into the taping.

Has anyone questioned this percentage (not to mention determining what a 'liberal' is)?

There are no liberals left. We have libertarians, which is about as close as it gets. What we have now are LOLberals. The percentage of LOLberals in hollywood has to run high. Like 80%

There are no liberals left. We have libertarians, which is about as close as it gets. What we have now are LOLberals. The percentage of LOLberals in hollywood has to run high. Like 80%

Oh, boy! Just what we needed; a new term. I hadn't even understood what 'liberal' meant, and now there aren't anymore.

So, what's a -what did ya call it? - LOLberal?

Don't worry, you're not obliged to go through a long explanation, or any at all for that matter. I just don't get it. Both 'sides' seem symmetrical and similar in their expletives and logical extremes anyway.

Has anyone questioned this percentage (not to mention determining what a 'liberal' is)?

I usually can peg a Liberal by the nonsense they spew or the lack of intelligence they show on certain issues.

When I see the Hollywood types parrot and regurgitate madness, it urks me to no end.

They never know what the fuck they are talking about. that's why I appreciated when Clint Eastwood got on stage and did his thing. which was actually pretty funny. An actor that actually knows what the fuck he's talking about because he was Mayor for a while.

Oh, boy! Just what we needed; a new term. I hadn't even understood what 'liberal' meant, and now there aren't anymore.

So, what's a -what did ya call it? - LOLberal?

Don't worry, you're not obliged to go through a long explanation, or any at all for that matter. I just don't get it. Both 'sides' seem symmetrical and similar in their expletives and logical extremes anyway.

I usually can peg a Liberal by the nonsense they spew or the lack of intelligence they show on certain issues.
When I see the Hollywood types parrot and regurgitate madness, it urks me to no end.

They never know what the fuck they are talking about. that's why I appreciated when Clint Eastwood got on stage and did his thing. which was actually pretty funny. An actor that actually knows what the fuck he's talking about because he was Mayor for a while.

in bold. That's what a LOLberal is.

Why is it everytime you turn on the TV some Hollywood actor or actress is speaking or promoting Liberalism FOR a specific candidate and almost all of them vote Liberal Democrat and will be voting for Obama next week?

Why is that?

But we see Clint Eastwood back Romney and it's unheard of...out of order...etc...

A few Actors/Actresses who I never thought in a lifetime would be Liberals:

1. Ice T
2. Nia Long
3. Esa Morales
4. Samuel L. Jackson
5. Katy Perry
6. Barbara Steisand
7. Whoopi Goldberg
8. Will.I.Am
9. Scartlett Johannsen
10. Jon Stewart

because they know people in every walk of life
they don't like racist homophobic policies...
and they're used to women who run things...

so they aren't misogynisit tools.
plus, they like philanthropy and want to see people get a leg up.
most are educated
many were poor as kids
etc
etc
etc

oh yeah...and they don't generally belong to the radical religious right so don't like self-satisfied people who think they can impose their morality on everyone else.

just surmise, of course.

Last edited:
They're actors.. their whole life is spent playing make-believe... liberals are typically 180 degrees out-of-phase with reality.

Why is it everytime you turn on the TV some Hollywood actor or actress is speaking or promoting Liberalism FOR a specific candidate and almost all of them vote Liberal Democrat and will be voting for Obama next week?

Why is that?

But we see Clint Eastwood back Romney and it's unheard of...out of order...etc...

1. Ice T
2. Nia Long
3. Esa Morales
4. Samuel L. Jackson
5. Katy Perry
6. Barbara Steisand
7. Whoopi Goldberg
8. Will.I.Am
9. Scartlett Johannsen
10. Jon Stewart

most are educated
many were poor as kids
etc
etc
etc

oh yeah...and they don't generally belong to the radical religious right so don't like self-satisfied people who think they can impose their morality on everyone else.

just surmise, of course.

:lol::badgrin::lol::badgrin:

Holy shit you're even dumber.

Every last one of the "Hollywood Ten," acknowledged that they were, indeed communists - stupidfuck.

Alvah Bessie, screenwriter
Herbert Biberman, screenwriter and director
Lester Cole, screenwriter
Edward Dmytryk, director
Ring Lardner Jr., screenwriter
John Howard Lawson, screenwriter
Albert Maltz, screenwriter
Samuel Ornitz, screenwriter
Adrian Scott, producer and screenwriter
Dalton Trumbo, screenwriter

Whether they should have been blacklisted or not may be a question, but they were indeed pro-Soviet, communists.

But didn't someone say Joe Stalin was far right? Or was it that Hitler was left?

Anyone know the difference?

Why is that?

1. Ice T
2. Nia Long
3. Esa Morales
4. Samuel L. Jackson
5. Katy Perry
6. Barbara Steisand
7. Whoopi Goldberg
8. Will.I.Am
9. Scartlett Johannsen
10. Jon Stewart

most are educated
many were poor as kids
etc
etc
etc

Not true. Most of them attend Performing Arts schools early in life, which cost money or they have to be chosen. Then as they get out, Acting classes cost money. even the cheap ones are expensive. Even before the first acting gig that pays money. Rarely are they eating outta garbage cans and sleeping in bus terminals before they make it big.

Only person I think that ever did it like that was Richard Pryor. I may be wrong. but not many more.

just surmise, of course.

But they go to church EVERY Sunday, Thursday and sometimes Saturday without fail depending on when Revival starts and ends. So they may go to church 7 days a week.

:eusa_hand: So spare me the overly religiousness. Liberal Democrats got that department locked down.

Hollywood is controlled by the extreme left, thus you don't succeed in Hollywood unless you follow the leftist agenda. Anyone holding moderate or conservative views will not get parts. Many who lack even a hint of talent, such as Tim Robbins, get parts PURELY because they are far-left hacks.

The reason that 99% of actors are leftists is because ONLY leftists are allowed to be actors. Leftists are intolerant and blacklist anyone who doesn't faithfully buy into the dogma. People like Eastwood made it in the 50's, before the left had a complete lock on the jobs. Conform or be cast out.

Hollywood is controlled by the extreme left, thus you don't succeed in Hollywood unless you follow the leftist agenda. Anyone holding moderate or conservative views will not get parts. Many who lack even a hint of talent, such as Tim Robbins, get parts PURELY because they are far-left hacks.

The reason that 99% of actors are leftists is because ONLY leftists are allowed to be actors. Leftists are intolerant and blacklist anyone who doesn't faithfully buy into the dogma. People like Eastwood made it in the 50's, before the left had a complete lock on the jobs. Conform or be cast out.

Excellent post.

Forum List

Back