Why are 99% of Hollywood, Liberals?

No.

What I'm saying is that if you're pro military, you are probably in favor of candidates that are pro military as well. If you pro NEA and developing future artists, you're for candidates that are pro NEA and further developing the arts.

The GOP's record in that area is not one that is viewed as favorable by Hollywood on the whole.

Obama is pro-Military (Afghan, Syria,Lybia,Iran) AND his record in that area has been less than boo boo.

Why are you all so anti-wealthy people when they happen to be liberals?

I'm not. I just asked why so many in Hollywood lean that way?

Look at all this hating of rich people going on? Good old class warfare on display. Why are you so jealous of other people who have earned success?

most actors/actresses don't have two brain cells to rub together....most are liberal because it is expected of them today.....it is the studios that control the choice of scripts, who gets to act, what is produced.....those with the money control the content...

believe it or not.....Hollywood used to be conservative........:eek:
(Walt Disney was a stellar example...)

Due in part to a backlash against abuses perpetrated by the House Un-American Activities Committee, and in part to a landmark Supreme Court ruling in 1952 declaring films to be a form of free speech, Hollywood began to slowly liberalize. By 1962, the Production Code was virtually toothless. The newly formed Motion Picture Association of America implemented a rating system, which still stands today.

In 1969, following the release of Easy Rider, directed by liberal-turned-conservative Dennis Hopper, counter-culture films began to appear in significant numbers. By the mid-1970s, older directors were retiring, and a new generation of filmmakers was emerging. By the late 1970s, Hollywood was very openly and specifically liberal. After making his last film in 1965, Hollywood director John Ford saw the writing on the wall. “Hollywood now is run by Wall St. and Madison Ave., who demand ‘Sex and Violence,’” author Tag Gallagher quotes him as writing in his book, John Ford: The Man and His Films. “This is against my conscience and religion.”

Things are not much different today. In a 1992 letter to the New York Times, screenwriter and playwright Jonathan R. Reynolds laments that “… Hollywood today is as fascistic toward conservatives as the 1940's and 50's were toward liberals … And that goes for the movies and television shows produced.”

Conservative Hollywood -- How Conservative Hollywood Became a Liberal Town

Look at all this hating of rich people going on? Good old class warfare on display. Why are you so jealous of other people who have earned success?

Actually, no. If there is any hate in the thread, which I really havent seen. It's those that hate stupidity.

Oh the poor poor acting students...no other way to make it in Hollywood since the Big Bad Conservatives want to save some cash in a much needed area.

Well, if you're in favor of the oil industry, you're probably going to vote for candidates that are favorable to the oil industry. Actors are no different. They tend to favor candidates that favor the arts.

Both Candidates are in favor of the Oil Industry. where you been?

And Obama is not in favor of the Arts. He just wants the votes.

It seems you missed the point...have an actor explain it to you.

Actually, no. If there is any hate in the thread, which I really havent seen. It's those that hate stupidity.

Did you really just say you hate stupidity?

Really?

Holy shit that's funny!

I would challenge that number. While the more outspoken Hollywood people are liberals, there are many who remain silent and we have no idea what their political leanings are. The few Republican actors that speak out likely fear some reprisals, such as not getting offered more roles. I think it's assumed that Hollywood is predominently liberal and some don't want to risk their careers if that turns out to be true.

It is safe for Eastwood and a few others, like Jon Voight and Tom Selleck, to speak out since they've already had successful careers and no one can take that away. I think the majority of actors just don't say anything one way or the other.

Why are 99% of Hollywood, Liberals?

A few Actors/Actresses who I never thought in a lifetime would be Liberals:

1. Ice T
2. Nia Long
3. Esa Morales
4. Samuel L. Jackson
5. Katy Perry
6. Barbara Steisand
7. Whoopi Goldberg
8. Will.I.Am
9. Scartlett Johannsen
10. Jon Stewart

I cannot imagine why? The rest of them in your list I don't even know or don't care about. In fact I haven't been to a movie in about 15 years...by choice.

Noticing that they make a lot of money isn't the same as busting on them for it or begrudging them their wealth.

You lolberals are nothing, if not totally thick-headed. :lol:

DUmb LOLberals like Mike Moore actually begrudge their own wealth accumulation. :lmao:

Then useful toosheds go buy their videos about how bad the system is that brings said videos to market. :lmao:

LOLberals are beyond insane.

Forum List

Back