Why Are 30,000 Drones Needed?

KevinWestern

Hello
Mar 8, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm one who likes to scrutinize the reasoning behind the actions of our Gov't, and can't seem to come up with a single benign explanation for this one:

Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress - Washington Times

Question to those who don't care (or don't think it's a big deal):

WHY are 30,000 spy drones needed in a relatively safe and stable country like the United States?

Did you bother to read your link?

It's not about "government drones", it's about licensing commercial drones.

The FAA Reauthorization Act, which President Obama is expected to sign, also orders the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the testing and licensing of commercial drones by 2015.

Read more: Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Not to mention, the "30,000" number is a projection by the FAA, not a hard number.

The FAA Reauthorization Act, which President Obama is expected to sign, also orders the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the testing and licensing of commercial drones by 2015.

Not to mention, the "30,000" number is a projection by the FAA, not a hard number.

AVG-DRONE OWNER?!? :eusa_eh:

:muahaha:

I'm one who likes to scrutinize the reasoning behind the actions of our Gov't, and can't seem to come up with a single benign explanation for this one:

WHY are 30,000 spy drones needed in a relatively safe and stable country like the United States?

Well...there are about 12,000 cities in the USA with populations over 30,000.

They may not have enough dones yet!

Although, yes the article did say that drones would eventually used by private entities, it specifically mentioned that they will likely be used by policing agencies as a first application.

It also mentioned privacy concerns over the use of government owned drones patrolling our skies.

And obviously the number is a prediction, given that 2020 is still 7 years away.

Last edited:
I can buy a spy drone on ebay for less than $400.

The age of privacy is over, folks

A copy of a letter to my congressmen and Senators:

The Third Amendment (one often forgotten) is sufficient to invalidate the use of drones.

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."

When one examines the historical context surrounding the Third Amendment, they will quickly realize that it was meant to stop Police Oppression by standing armies. During the Colonial Era, Police Oppression could only be accomplished by large standing armies, which required many resources and mouths to feed. As such, these standing armies would have to lodge their soldiers within the homes of the local population, and almost always drain the local resources and food supply in order to keep themselves well nourished and prepared.

The Third Amendment today, like all other Amendments, needs to modernized for the 21st Century. A government can easily establish a Police State with just drones alone, especially if they are equipped with Non-Lethal Weaponry to suppress Freedom of Assembly. This is precisely why the Third Amendment was written.

On May 3, 1982 in the case Engblom v. Carey, the word "Soldier" was interpreted to mean "Any Agent of the State." Drones are without any doubt an Agent of the State, and furthermore, they are a Military Agent of the State. They are also being quartered over American skies without Consent.

The final clause, "but in a manner to be prescribed by law," implies that only the State Government (if not the Local Government) may Consent to the police occupation of their own State/County/Town, which may be necessary in dire circumstances.

Finally, it appears that there must be an official Declaration of War by Congress for even the State/Local Governments to waive 3rd Amendment protections. The United States has not had any official declarations of war since WWII, which means the People have never Consented to War. If they have not Consented to War, then their 3rd Amendment can not be waived, regardless of the fact that we are actually fighting several wars.

PS section
P.S. Habeas Corpus also cannot be suspended unless Congress has first declared War (The People must first officially Consent to War, before their rights may be violated). It should also be noted that the NDAA only guaranteed Habeas Corpus protection for Article III Courts. Military Courts are NOT Article III Courts, they are Article II Courts. I will conclude this e-mail with the excerpt from the NDAA.

"Nothing in the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) or the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Public Law 112-81) shall be construed to deny the availability of the writ of habeas corpus or to deny any Constitutional rights in a court ordained or established by or under Article III of the Constitution to any person inside the United States who would be entitled to the availability of such writ or to such rights in the absence of such laws."

Last edited:

Actually now you can walk into a Barnes & Noble bookstore and purchase one for $300.

Drone For Sale for $300 in Barnes and Noble
What's to stop someone from flying one of these drones over their neighbors' property to check out what their neighbors are doing?
Have the privacy and trespassing laws kept pace with recent advances in affordable personal drone technology?

Last edited:

Our government has turned against us.

"The legislation would order the FAA, before the end of the year, to expedite the process through which it authorizes the use of drones by federal, state and local police and other agencies."

Very disturbing, especially when they can be reduced to the size of a mosquito.

This Is Not A Mosquito!! Look closely....................Incredible
download

Is this a mosquito? No. It's an insect spy drone for urban areas, already in production, funded by the US Government. It can be remotely controlled and is equipped with a camera and a microphone. It can land on you, and it may have the potential to take a DNA sample or leave RFID tracking nanotechnology on your skin. It can fly through an open window, or it can attach to your clothing until you take it in your home.

AVG-DRONE OWNER?!? :eusa_eh:

:muahaha:

a friend of mine has one. He flies it around beaches and such taking video/pics. Kind of neat.

my neighbor knows someone who has one who does aerial photographs of property for homeowners. I have also heard that the are good for farmers to fly over large swaths of cropland instead of driving around checking on their fields.

Actually now you can walk into a Barnes & Noble bookstore and purchase one for $300.

Drone For Sale for $300 in Barnes and Noble

What's to stop someone from flying one of these drones over their neighbors' property to check out what their neighbors are doing?
Have the privacy and trespassing laws kept pace with recent advances in affordable personal drone technology?

Anyone flying a drone over my property is gonna end up with $300 worth of junk......

I have an interest in drones. I like to go out to places where a primary look-see is a disticnt advantage. It's called FVP (First Person View). For hikers and back woods fishermen it is a valuable safety adantage to spot trouble before you get way out in the wilderness and can do nothing about it.

Much of the footage (video recordings) of disasters big and small can safely be observed from any height usefull without having to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in hiring helecopters surveying such circumstances.

For less than $500 one can own a personal drone with a range of about 20 miles. The record for flight is somewhere around 40 miles to and from. These devices have an automatic "return to home" when control fails. They rarely just fall out of the sky and I know of no situation when a private drone has injured anyone.

I think you are really missunderstanding the type of drone involved. These are not the missle carrying kind that kills terrorists.

Forum List

Back