Why Americans Hate Democrats- A Dialogue- Let's Talk About Faith

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Nov 6, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    a really good argument by the CEO of beliefnet

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    I disagree on a few things. First, i disagree that Clinton or Carter were moderates. If they were moderates then we ought to be very afraid of moderates and even more so the extreme left.

If they are moderates look at what damage a moderate can do, why would you think of voting for anyone short of conservative?

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i really do think clinton was a moderate, in the worse sense of the word. he may have had a few liberal attitudes, but he was purely political cunning, he'd do anything to win the day. hence, pro-death penalty, pro-welfare reform, etc etc.

i wasn't around for carter, so i can't really say. he wasn't much of a liberal, but at the same he wasn't much of a president from what it seems.

bush is conservative, his father was moderate. reagan was a conservative who leaned moderate (and with great success). bush is a conservative who leans everywhere (great success on terrorism, not much else except taxes). we'll give him time in his second term though to see where he goes and what he achieves.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    You have fallen for the liberal spin. Bush has been steadfast in his positions (therefore, he cannot be "leaning everywhere" and his policies have been good. He just hasn't been given any credit.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i mean that in a relatively decent way. aside from the converted jesse helms, i had not met a single conservative who had any interest in providing 15 billion dollars to fight AIDS in the world.

i can think of numerous other examples.

to be more exact, bush does a clinton... he steals the opposition's ideas and upgrades and improves them. nothing wrong with that.

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Some think that the Democrats can win if they hide their social agenda. But how can they? I think people have become much more aware. Unless the Dems support actual moderate candidates, I don't think they will stand a chance in the future.

A majority of people are obviously sick and fed up with the decline of moral leadership within the Democrat party. People aren't as stupid as the liberal Democrats think they are. No fakey moralistic Democrat like Kerry is going to win unless it's a fluke election. Dems have been steadily losing ground all over the U.S. because of their lack of American values. And the liberal Dems can't run on the values they really represent: a marxist agenda which rejects God.

I also think the Democrat's economical agenda "tricks" are also becoming more well-known and people will reject them more and more too. Especially since Democrats are never in support of accountability as Republicans sometimes are. They just want a blank check. People don't live that way, and they don't think their government should either.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Those are great points, Screaming Eagle. To your thoughts I can only add that, in my opinion, a huge part of the Democrat's past success has been their thirty-year monopoly on the dissemination of information. The filthy, lying, underhanded media tricks we've been reading about are not remarkable occurrences - this is the way they've done business and retained power for all of our lives. The only difference is - thank God - they're not the only game in town anymore.

8. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    The pervasive argument of this article seems to be "how can Democrats appeal to the red states? change their convictions." To be honest (and running the risk of sounding like Ralph Nader), I really don't think one should ever comprimise his own convictions merely to appeal to those of another person. If you're pro-life, be pro-life. If you're pro-gay marriage, be pro-gay marriage. You can disagree with these people, but at least they're not going to end up being two-faced on just about every issue like the most recent Democratic candidate.

Stand by what you believe, and don't make compromises just to get votes when you're going to shed the mask as soon as you're elected. That is what Bush did INFINITELY better. He made his values, convictions, and ideas clear. And even if I didn't agree with them, I can respect him being resolute in terms of them.

But never never never change your opinion just to get more people on board.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  9. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    well NE, the democrats have been doing just the opposite of what you so passionately said for the past 3 decades.... as soon as RFK was killed, the democratic party lost whatever soul it might have had.