CDZ Why Americans don't give a damn about mass shootings

I tell you why nobody's falling for the crap: We're not giving up any rights because some psychopath/programmed individual commits a heinous crime with a gun.

Back to that "programmed" part. It sure does seem like these things are happening way too often to not be coordinated and organized, and directed squarely at the 2nd amendment.

A lot of the people that have perpetrated nasty crimes have been on certain psych meds. But don't worry, the FIB is investigating, nothing to see here, move along.

What rights are you giving up?

Not a damn one! Gun-grabbers can jump off a cliff as far as I'm concerned.

I've owned a "semi-automatic" since I was 11 years old.

Do you own a semi-automatic rifle?

Reading comprehension is not your thing, huh? :badgrin:

Son! You are derp, and your OP is derp!

You wrote "I've owned a "semi-automatic" since I was 11 years old."

A hand gun or a rifle. Easy question.

Does it really matter that much to you?

No. You want to ban all semi-auto guns.

It's a rifle, though.

I tell you why nobody's falling for the crap: We're not giving up any rights because some psychopath/programmed individual commits a heinous crime with a gun.
No matter how many school kids or church goers are shot down. We know that, you hardly need to point it out.

Yep! No matter how many saps you demented people brainwash into committing mass murder, we're not giving up our rights.

I have a very solid plan to stop things like that from happening.

A) Bring prayer back into the schools.

B) Bring corporal punishment back into the schools.

C) Stop teaching children subjective morality. (What a joke!)

D) Have most people be armed and carrying.

Seriously, the general population is being raised in much the same manner as the state raises unwanted babies.

Have you ever seen a state-raised baby? Of course not! They're not fit for interaction in society, they keep them under the jail.

Last edited:
You'd that people would smell a rat with legislation forbidding funding of the study of gun violence, but it's just accepted as normal. Amazing.

What rights are you giving up?

It's a rifle, though.

I've never stated that semi-automatic hand guns should be banned.

Your rifle should be banned

We've had 3 mass shootings in the last 36 days, you need to put your big boy pants on a realize that that is a very bad thing.

It's a rifle, though.

Your rifle should be banned

We've had 3 mass shootings in the last 36 days, you need to put your big boy pants on a realize that that is a very bad thing.

You should be banned, commie.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and cannot have, hmm?

What gives you that right? Apparently you missed the "All men are created equal" part.

You're not taking my stuff because of some evil thing that happened, no.

"In America, we are free to stockpile weapons. We are free to order ammo online. We are free to outfit our guns with bump stocks, like the Vegas shooter did. This is the price we pay for freedom, alright. The freedom to not give a damn." - From the article

Damn right! Bless America.

Why would you NOT give a damn about mass shootings?

I don't give a damn about anyone who uses a tragedy - be it terrorism or psychotic with a gun - to advance a political agenda.

As soon as the argument goes towards depriving anyone of their rights who wasn't involved in the shooting it's time to tune out.

"In America, we are free to stockpile weapons. We are free to order ammo online. We are free to outfit our guns with bump stocks, like the Vegas shooter did. This is the price we pay for freedom, alright. The freedom to not give a damn." - From the article

Damn right! Bless America.

Why would you NOT give a damn about mass shootings?

I don't give a damn about anyone who uses a tragedy - be it terrorism or psychotic with a gun - to advance a political agenda.

As soon as the argument goes towards depriving anyone of their rights who wasn't involved in the shooting it's time to tune out.

It's almost as if the situations are contrived in order to try and strip Americans of rights. :rolleyes:

Btw, I just learned the latest TX shooter was on psych meds.

Texas church shooter Devin Patrick Kelley served in Air Force, was court-martialed for assaulting wife, child

You're ok with this then?

P-38%20UNCLE%20GUN%20CARBINE%202.JPG

Absolutely. School kids' lives are of no comparison when it comes to your 'rights'.

Very interesting article Why Americans don't give a damn about mass shootings - CNN

One month ago, the worst mass shooting in US history took place at a country music concert in Las Vegas. Fifty-eight people were killed and more than 500 people injured. Bill O'Reilly boiled the massacre down to six words: "This is the price of freedom."
I hate to say it, but he is right. Sunday, just 34 days after Vegas, 26 people were gunned down and about 20 others were wounded during a church service in Texas. And here's what is really sick -- we won't be surprised when there's another mass shooting next month. Maybe it'll be your church, your mall, your concert or your movie theater. That's the price of freedom.
In America, we are free to stockpile weapons. We are free to order ammo online. We are free to outfit our guns with bump stocks, like the Vegas shooter did. This is the price we pay for freedom, alright. The freedom to not give a damn.
Tweeting "prayers for the victims" does not equal giving a damn. Feeling bad for a day or two does not equal giving a damn. Changing your Facebook profile photo to support the victims does not equal giving a damn.

This hit home for me:

Why the apathy?
Until gun violence impacts your family directly, you won't care enough to do something about it. There's a ton of research to explain this apathy.
After World War II, the famous Cambridge psychologist J.T. MacCurdy studied an interesting phenomenon about the bombings in London in 1940 and 1941.
He found that people affected by the bombings fell into three categories: those who died, those who were a "near miss" (who closely witnessed the horror of the bombings but lived), and those who had a "remote miss" (people who may have heard the sirens, but were removed from the direct scene of the bombing).
Here's what's interesting. MacCurdy found the people who witnessed a "near miss" were deeply affected by the bombing -- while the "remote miss" group felt invincible and even excited.

I was 800 yards +/- from the shooter at Mandalay Bay, well within range. I was armed with a Glock. Nothing I could have done with that, I was out armed and nowhere near effective range.

IMO: ALL automatic and semi-automatic rifles should be banned.
yea, the left isn't coming for our guns..

you freedom hating filth won't be happy until we are down to plastic sporks

the idiotic idea that bans would make us safer is just ignorant on a level that can't be described.

It would make mass shootings harder to commit and less prevalent.
no it wouldn't, that's a dream with no reference in reality

Very interesting article Why Americans don't give a damn about mass shootings - CNN

One month ago, the worst mass shooting in US history took place at a country music concert in Las Vegas. Fifty-eight people were killed and more than 500 people injured. Bill O'Reilly boiled the massacre down to six words: "This is the price of freedom."
I hate to say it, but he is right. Sunday, just 34 days after Vegas, 26 people were gunned down and about 20 others were wounded during a church service in Texas. And here's what is really sick -- we won't be surprised when there's another mass shooting next month. Maybe it'll be your church, your mall, your concert or your movie theater. That's the price of freedom.
In America, we are free to stockpile weapons. We are free to order ammo online. We are free to outfit our guns with bump stocks, like the Vegas shooter did. This is the price we pay for freedom, alright. The freedom to not give a damn.
Tweeting "prayers for the victims" does not equal giving a damn. Feeling bad for a day or two does not equal giving a damn. Changing your Facebook profile photo to support the victims does not equal giving a damn.

This hit home for me:

Why the apathy?
Until gun violence impacts your family directly, you won't care enough to do something about it. There's a ton of research to explain this apathy.
After World War II, the famous Cambridge psychologist J.T. MacCurdy studied an interesting phenomenon about the bombings in London in 1940 and 1941.
He found that people affected by the bombings fell into three categories: those who died, those who were a "near miss" (who closely witnessed the horror of the bombings but lived), and those who had a "remote miss" (people who may have heard the sirens, but were removed from the direct scene of the bombing).
Here's what's interesting. MacCurdy found the people who witnessed a "near miss" were deeply affected by the bombing -- while the "remote miss" group felt invincible and even excited.

I was 800 yards +/- from the shooter at Mandalay Bay, well within range. I was armed with a Glock. Nothing I could have done with that, I was out armed and nowhere near effective range.

IMO: ALL automatic and semi-automatic rifles should be banned.
Can not outlaw semi automatic weapons the Courts already ruled that in order to be protected by the 2nd Amendment a weapon must be of use to the military.

Which court ruling was that?
Perhaps you should do a little research BEFORE you make stupid statements?

Spoken like one that doesn’t have a real clue. It isn’t the guns of those legally possessing guns, it’s those with illegal guns. It is a society not on gun violence, but on violence. It is the cheapening of life, when you can abort a kid because, when you raise a generation of entitlement, a generation where it is all about me, me, me. Where we don’t need a mom and a dad, where God and the family unit are looked down upon, this is what you get.
The two step is still a popular dance, and as a means of avoiding responsib. Social Secuirty checks aren't being used to kill dozens of people at once.

Precisely, and you blaming an inanimate object is foolish.
The gun as inanimate object is a popular fall back position. Automobiles are also inanimate objects, but their use and design are regulated for public safety.

But yet automobiles and the careless use still accounts for more deaths than guns....no?
38,000 gun deaths. Could that number be reduced? Only if gun advocates could imagine it could. But to rely on gun advocates for solutions to gun violence is a fool's game.

So what's your solution?

Spoken like one that doesn’t have a real clue. It isn’t the guns of those legally possessing guns, it’s those with illegal guns. It is a society not on gun violence, but on violence. It is the cheapening of life, when you can abort a kid because, when you raise a generation of entitlement, a generation where it is all about me, me, me. Where we don’t need a mom and a dad, where God and the family unit are looked down upon, this is what you get.
The two step is still a popular dance, and as a means of avoiding responsib. Social Secuirty checks aren't being used to kill dozens of people at once.

Precisely, and you blaming an inanimate object is foolish.
The gun as inanimate object is a popular fall back position. Automobiles are also inanimate objects, but their use and design are regulated for public safety.

As guns should be.
It's funny but gun lovers often point to the hazards of the automobile. But to operate one, you must be licensed, pay an annual fee for plates, be insured and be at least sixteen years old.

If we could treat guns as carefully as we treat that damn hazardous car...

Federal prohibits anyone under the age of 18 to own a handgun.

Can not outlaw semi automatic weapons the Courts already ruled that in order to be protected by the 2nd Amendment a weapon must be of use to the military.

Where do courts get authority to rewrite the constitution.?? Oh yeah - it's not a rewrite, it's a re-interpretation. HAHA

Forum List

Back