CDZ Why All the Fuss Over Interracial Ads?

I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.
Discuss what? You know why some black people have a problem with it but you don't know why some white people do? Huh? I thought the comments in the Huffington Post article expressed the white bigot POV pretty well. What else do you seek to know?

I loathe all advertising, and this kind of pandering ad really makes me roll my eyes. I find it hard to accept the notion of corporations as the champions of ethical conduct and civil rights. Perhaps there is some social consciousness involved, but I suspect that they merely have calculated that inclusiveness is good for their bottom line.
Discuss the question I posed in the OP? I thought it was pretty clear i was seeking a white person to explain to me why they had an issue with the ad. Does this thread make you uncomfortable? You are correct. i know why some Black people have an issue with it but I have yet to find a white person i know personally that will admit they have a problem with it.

I understand you loathe all advertising but that was not the point. i was looking for specifics on this particular ad.
Yes, it was clear that you were seeking a white person to explain their views on miscegenation so that you could have a good old fashioned debate in the CDZ. My question to you is why would you do something that pointless? Do you truly not understand the mentality of white racists? It's not that complicated. They're either insane or unintelligent. Which type were you hoping to engage in debate?
I wasnt looking for a debate thats why I said discuss. I wanted to know the specific reasons without having a debate about it. Obviously it wasnt pointless. The point was to gain more information. No i dont understand the mentality of white racists nor will I ever. This will just help me understand a little more. I dont necessarily think all of them are insane or unintelligent. Yes a lot of them are ignorant beyond belief but that doesnt make one "not intelligent". They just dont have enough information be it through lack of exposure or wanton and willful ignorance. There are highly intelligent racists all over the world. Most of our presidents have been racists. I was hoping to engage an intelligent racist to be honest but I will settle for one that can formulate a sentence and express themselves.
Good luck. I'm not sure that it matters whether you seek debate or discussion, but I accept the distinction between ignorance and intelligence.

Racial purity is an absurd concept, which few intelligent people embrace. Back in the heyday of eugenics, perhaps you could find someone with a brain who genuinely believed those notions had validity. Now?

I was just reading about the uproar over the Old Navy ad featuring a supposedly interracial couple consisting of a white male, a Black female, and a Black child. I know the reasons for some Black people having a problem with the ad but i specifically want to understand why white people may have an issue with it? Can a white person that has an issue with the ad please explain why?

Discuss.
Discuss what? You know why some black people have a problem with it but you don't know why some white people do? Huh? I thought the comments in the Huffington Post article expressed the white bigot POV pretty well. What else do you seek to know?

I loathe all advertising, and this kind of pandering ad really makes me roll my eyes. I find it hard to accept the notion of corporations as the champions of ethical conduct and civil rights. Perhaps there is some social consciousness involved, but I suspect that they merely have calculated that inclusiveness is good for their bottom line.
Discuss the question I posed in the OP? I thought it was pretty clear i was seeking a white person to explain to me why they had an issue with the ad. Does this thread make you uncomfortable? You are correct. i know why some Black people have an issue with it but I have yet to find a white person i know personally that will admit they have a problem with it.

I understand you loathe all advertising but that was not the point. i was looking for specifics on this particular ad.
Yes, it was clear that you were seeking a white person to explain their views on miscegenation so that you could have a good old fashioned debate in the CDZ. My question to you is why would you do something that pointless? Do you truly not understand the mentality of white racists? It's not that complicated. They're either insane or unintelligent. Which type were you hoping to engage in debate?
I wasnt looking for a debate thats why I said discuss. I wanted to know the specific reasons without having a debate about it. Obviously it wasnt pointless. The point was to gain more information. No i dont understand the mentality of white racists nor will I ever. This will just help me understand a little more. I dont necessarily think all of them are insane or unintelligent. Yes a lot of them are ignorant beyond belief but that doesnt make one "not intelligent". They just dont have enough information be it through lack of exposure or wanton and willful ignorance. There are highly intelligent racists all over the world. Most of our presidents have been racists. I was hoping to engage an intelligent racist to be honest but I will settle for one that can formulate a sentence and express themselves.
Racial purity is an absurd concept, which few intelligent people embrace. Back in the heyday of eugenics, perhaps you could find someone with a brain who genuinely believed those notions had validity. Now?

I dont get what you mean by that. Are you saying that you dont believe there are any "racially" pure humans in Africa?

Forum List

Back