Why a Conservative America is a Myth

I don't think Bush stole any elections at all. That is just another Liberal Talking Point.

And remember.... the conservatives of england are not the conservatives of the US today. Neither are the Liberals. Each party is changing to meet the demands and issues of the times and the seasons.

The only reason the Liberals dubbed themselves as progressives is so that they could pretend to have the monopoly on progress. This is a huge lie. A fabrication used only for deception.

I wouldnt say that liberals out number conservatives. Saying there are more Democrats than Republicans because more of them are registered is a falsehood also, since not all states require registration, or dont have registration at all.

Do not mistake the Republicans set-backs as the end of the conservative movement. It has taken a misstep in some regards, but it will not disappear, and it is not at the high-point of its life yet. Look at Rush Limbaugh as a prime example. All the Liberals say that Conservatism is a thing of the past, a dying entity. However, the icon of the conservative movement hugely increases his salary and perks for 8 years. If conservatism is dead, why would clear-channel sign a new contract for that length of time? Because they know they will make money, and they only do that with growing audiences. Conservatism is growing.... and there is no denying it.

Last edited:
We finally agree on something. So if this is the case, why do you guys keep blaming Bushes BS on the GOP and Conservatives again?

I am a Conservative who thinks Bush is a Moron, and Anything but a Conservative.

It's funny how he constantly throws Bush in with the GOP saying it's all their fault...then says that Bush and the GOP are distanced from each other....

Someone's full of....

hot_air.jpg

Yup, the Bush guys were smart enough to steal 3 elections and then suddenly forgot how in 2006. You keep claiming that, you dumb shit.

You are ok with stealing elections yet you claim to be patiotic and love the constitution and america?

gop election officials in ohio are in jail for election fraud and a movie was made about what exactly happened in 2000.

ken blackwell and katherine harris. kind of odd having 2 bushies in charge of state electorals.

if you have seen all the evidence and choose to be naïve, I know its by choice. i've read your posts. you are smarter than that. so why would you defend them stealing our most precious right?

kind of kills democracy when our votes don't count.

just because your party did it doesn't make it right. I would never vote again if the dems did that. or i'd vote 3rd party.

the gop took away habius, right to privacy, right to vote, lied us into a war, emptied the treasury. etc.

what wouldn't you approve of?

leaked a covert cia agents name, screwed up iraq, politicized the justice dept, deleted white house emails, torture, let oil companies set our energy policy, ignored warnings of 9 11, maybe even on purpose, but I won't list anything that isn't fact so strike that one.

bill lied about a blowjob and I bet you supported impeachment.

remember that energy exec's em where he laughed about their record profits and joked that old ladies would freeze? remember enron? remember bear stearns? they fucked us and the feds bailed them out with your money?

you are a traitor. or, you are defending traitors to democracy.

you don't love america or democracy. serving doesn't justify pissing on the constitution.

even the supreme court ruled that holding enemy combatents indefinately was unconstitutional. they wil also rule the fisa bill unconstitutional. they held an american for 5 yrs without habius. I don't care what you do, as an american, you get that right. proof right there you don't give a fuck about america or what makes being an american great. you'll let the gop do anything no matter how unamerican. that makes you just as guilty, no?

ditto to the next motherfucker that wrote to me.

why else di they give the telecoms retroactiive immunity.

ps one more. they unjustly prosecuted a dem before an election to win his seat. was it alabama? the courts almost immediately let him out it was so obvious. where was that? alabama?

and you care that clinton lied under oath? ha!

if you argue, it just proves you are a fucking joke.

It's funny how he constantly throws Bush in with the GOP saying it's all their fault...then says that Bush and the GOP are distanced from each other....

Someone's full of....

hot_air.jpg

I assume your talking about someone other than me? Because I do not lump Bush in with the GOP. Bush has nearly destroyed the GOP and disappointed all true conservatives. IMO

I assume your talking about someone other than me? Because I do not lump Bush in with the GOP. Bush has nearly destroyed the GOP and disappointed all true conservatives. IMO

What? Tom Delay and the GOP Congress from 2000 to 2006 are just as responsible as Bush is for where we are today.

Remember, zero veto's until 2007.
Of course the GOP is now distancing themselves from Bush. Too late!

Mark foley, Vetter, larry craig, abramoff, Boehner, mccain, and the fat fuck that was majority leader before boehner, the one that covered up the foley scandle before the 06 election. forgot his name? he used to be a wrestling coach?

anyways, I can't remember all of them, but the rest of the gop toed the line and did whatever bush, chaney and delay told them to do. the entire gop is culpable.

but you guys choose to forget and hope we forget.

and many voters have. but not enough to vote the gop encumbants running this yr. many encumbants know this and aren't even running again. the dems will gain seats in both houses, win in some red states and unless a catastrophic event occurs, obama is the next president.

can't steal this one.

Bush cut taxes - conservatives cheered
Bush invaded a country - conservatives cheered
Bush selected ideologues to the SC - conservatives cheered
Bush vetoed child care - conservatives cheered
Bush started faith based initiatives - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced aid to our veterans - conservatives cheered
Bush engaged in illegal wire tapping - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced environmental regulations - conservatives cheered
Bush tried to outsource SS - conservatives cheered
Bush reduced taxes - conservatives cheered

There are lots lots more, that Bush is now not a conservative makes my head spin and is the epitome of hypocrisy.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love the way some conservatives (who you just KNOW loved Bush and supported him until recently) are now making noises about how Bush is a liberal.

Honestly some people have no shame at all.

There are lots lots more, that Bush is now not a conservative makes my head spin and is the epitome of hypocrisy.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

He thinks G. Gordon Liddy and George Bush are the same guy.:razz:

Is Bush listening to your phone conversations?

smoke up dude eventually the paranoia will subside.:D

not sure why you think all conservatives cheered at each one of those things. About the only one I cheered for was lowering taxes.

For most Conservatives the most important issue is limiting government and spending. On Both Bush has been more liberal than Conservative. That is all that really matters to me. Oh and I have not supported Bush until recently. He lost me very early into his first term.

Last edited:
Am I reading this correctly? It sounds like you're saying you are now in favor of mr. bush?

No, it's a misprint. What I was saying is I am not one of those who only recently
stopped supporting bush, he lost my support early in his first term. Should have said I have not supported bush until only recently, I stopped supporting him early in his first term. Sorry for the confusion :) The context was someone commenting that most conservatives only recently have started saying bush is a liberal and they do not support him.

Last edited:
No, it's a misprint. What I was saying is I am not one of those who only recently
stopped supporting bush, he lost my support early in his first term. Should have said I have not supported bush until only recently, I stopped supporting him early in his first term. Sorry for the confusion :) The context was someone commenting that most conservatives only recently have started saying bush is a liberal and they do not support him.

Just checking. I haven't met a single, yes a SINGLE, person who has gone from dislike to liking president bush.

I was talking about Sealybunghole

It was Reagan who began the deliberate and intentional destruction of the United States of America when he famously cracked (and then incessantly repeated): "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Reagan, like George W. Bush after him, failed to understand that when people come together into community, and then into nationhood, that they organize themselves to protect themselves from predators, both human and corporate, both domestic and foreign. This form of organization is called government.

But the Reagan/Bush ideologues don't "believe" in government, in anything other than a military and police capacity. Government should punish, they agree, but it should never nurture, protect, or defend individuals. Nurturing and protecting, they suggest, is the more appropriate role of religious institutions, private charities, families, and - perhaps most important - corporations.

Let the corporations handle your old-age pension. Let the corporations decide how much protection we and our environment need from their toxics. Let the corporations decide what we're paid. Let the corporations decide what doctor we can see, when, and for what purpose.

This is the exact opposite of the vision for which the Founders of this nation fought and died. When Thomas Jefferson changed John Locke's "Life, liberty, and private property" to "Live, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," it was the first time in the history of the world that a newly founded nation had written the word "happiness" into its founding document. The phrase "promote the general welfare" - another revolutionary concept - first appeared in the preamble to our Constitution in 1787.

Talk show cons and TV talking head cons and political cons - both Republican and DLC Democratic - repeat the mantra of "smaller government," and Americans nod their heads in agreement, not realizing the hidden agenda at work.

Reagan was the first American president to actually preach that his own job was a bad thing. He once said, "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." One can only assume he was speaking of himself and his fellow Republicans, and certainly the current Congress's devotion to the interests of inherited wealth and large corporations displays how badly his philosophy has corrupted a role so noble it drew idealists like Jefferson, Lincoln, and the two Roosevelts.

But cons can't imagine anybody wanting to devote their lives to the service of their nation. The highest calling in their minds is to make profit.

As Reagan said: "The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."

This mind-set - that the only purpose for service in government is to set up the interests of business - may account for why not a single military-eligible member of the Bush or Cheney families has enlisted in their parents' "Noble Cause," whereas all four sons of Franklin Roosevelt joined and each was decorated - on merit - for bravery in the deadly conflict of World War II.

There are, after all, no reasons in the conservative worldview for government service other than self-enrichment. As Ronald Reagan said: "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

What they don't say is that the reason they want to remove government in its protective capacity is because they can then make an enormous amount of money, and have a lot of control over people's lives, when they privatize former governmental functions. They want a power vacuum, so corporations and the rich can step in. And with no limits on the inheritability of riches after the "death tax" is ended, wealth vast enough to take over the government can emerge.

Given this conservative world-view, it shouldn't surprise us that in 2001 George W. Bush appointed his 2000 presidential campaign manager (Joseph Albaugh) as head of FEMA, or that two years later Albaugh would have left FEMA to start a consulting firm to marry corporations with Iraq "reconstruction" federal dollars, and put in charge of FEMA his assistant (and old college roommate), an equally unqualified former failed executive with the International Arabian Horse Association.

It also shouldn't surprise us that although Dick Cheney has stayed on vacation in Wyoming through all of this, his company, Halliburton, has already obtained a multi-million-dollar contract to profit from Hurricane Katrina's cleanup.

It's not that these conservatives are incompetent or stupid. When their interests are at stake, they can be very efficient. Consider when Hurricane Charley hit Jeb Bush's state - a year earlier than Katrina - on the second weekend of August, 2004, just months before the elections. The White House website notes:

As of noon Monday [the day after the hurricane left], in response to Hurricane Frances, FEMA and other Federal response agencies have taken the following actions:

-- About one hundred trucks of water and 280 trucks of ice are present or will arrive in the Jacksonville staging area today. 900,000 Meals-Ready-to-Eat are on site in Jacksonville, ready to be distributed.

-- Over 7,000 cases of food (e.g., vegetables, fruits, cheese, ham, and turkey) are scheduled to arrive in Winter Haven today. Disaster Medical Assistance Teams (DMAT) are on the ground and setting up comfort stations. FEMA community relations personnel will coordinate with DMATs to assist victims. -- Urban Search and Rescue Teams are completing reconnaissance missions in coordination with state officials.

-- FEMA is coordinating with the Department of Energy and the state to ensure that necessary fuel supplies can be distributed throughout the state, with a special focus on hospitals and other emergency facilities that are running on generators.

-- The Army Corps of Engineers will soon begin its efforts to provide tarps to tens of thousands of owners of homes and buildings that have seen damage to their roofs.

-- The National Guard has called up 4,100 troops in Florida, as well as thousands in other nearby states to assist in the distribution of supplies and in preparation for any flooding.

-- The Departments of Health and Human Services, Veterans Affairs, and Defense together have organized 300 medical personnel to be on standby. Medical personnel will begin deployment to Florida tomorrow.

-- FEMA is coordinating public information messages with Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and North Carolina so that evacuees from Florida can be informed when it is safe to return. -- In addition to federal personnel already in place to respond to Hurricane Charley, 1,000 additional community relations personnel are being deployed to Atlanta for training and further assignment in Florida.

All of this aid was vitally important to Bush family political fortunes in the upcoming election of 2004. Disaster relief checks were in the mail within a week. In just the first thirteen days after Hurricane Charley hit Florida, the White House web site notes that the Bush administration had succeeded in:

-- Registering approximately 136,000 assistance applicants
-- Approving over 13,500 applications for more than $59 million in housing assistance

-- Establishing 12 disaster recovery centers, which have assisted nearly 19,000 disaster victims

-- Deploying medical teams that have seen nearly 3,000 patients

-- Disbursing 1.2 million liters of water, 8.1 million pounds of ice, and 2 million meals and snacks

-- Delivering over 20,000 rolls of plastic sheeting and nearly 170 generators

-- Treating more than 2,900 individuals through FEMA Disaster Medical Assistance Teams, supporting damaged hospitals

That, of course, was for a Republican State, with a Republican governor, the crony brother of the President. Republicans needed to act like they cared about governing, because they wanted people to vote for them three months later.

But now, with no election looming and with death stalking a Democratic State with a Democratic Governor unrelated to the President, we once again see the Reagan philosophy held ascendant. Bush's call to action? "Send cash to the Red Cross." One of those "thousand points of light" non-governmental organizations his father told us about.

As Brian Gurney, a listener from California, noted: "You can't govern if you don't believe in government."

But you sure can make a buck, and take care of your brother, your campaign manager, and your vice president's company.

I was talking about Sealybunghole

Free Yourself from Conservative Talk Radio: 12 Steps to Recovery
Published on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 by CommonDreams.org

Step 1: Admit that you were under the sway of right-wing, anti-democracy radicals.
This is the first step for every conservative or "ditto-head" listener on the way to recovery. It is important to understand that the people you were listening to are not "compassionate conservatives," "Republicans," or "pillars of morality." They're right-wing conservative radicals, more interested in strong corporations than strong democracy, and you must be honest with yourself about that fact.

Step 2: Realize that we can't have freedom & liberty without first building a civil society.
And civil society has certain costs, such as education, infrastructure, health care, defense, transportation, communications, a viable social safety net, and the protection of the commons, which we all agree to pay for with something called taxes that we levy on ourselves and not on our children. Only on this basis can we have individual liberty.

Step 3: Love democracy's basis in debate and respectful disagreement.
The processes of debate, dissent, and compromise are democracy's underlying strength. This may be the most difficult step for those of you who had completely surrendered to the dark side of conservatism and have labeled dissenters as unpatriotic. Admit that democracy actually requires dissent. You might want to read the words of our Founders to better understand what democracy is and what it isn't. Start with Jefferson.

Step 4: Understand that a living wage is vital to maintain a viable middle-class.
A strong middle class is vital to democracy. To say that somebody who earns millions a year by sitting by the pool collecting dividend checks "works that much harder" than a middle-class wage earner is simple nonsense. Although morality tells us that people deserve a livable wage and fair taxes, reality tells us even more starkly that without everybody having access to a good job, and in a nation where dividend-earners pay only 15% in income tax, democracy is at risk.

Step 5: Support labor unions and stop chanting "cheap labor" as the tired old right-wing mantra.
"Cheap labor" is the core mantra of the conservatives, and ultimately harms democracy. If capital can organize in the form of a corporation, and corporations can organize as conglomerates, Chambers of Commerce, and trade and lobbying associations, then labor must have an equal and guaranteed-by-law right to organize. Strong unions are the only thing standing between you and serfdom at the hands of corporate masters, and without the unions of the past there would be no American middle class today. If you have difficulty with this step, spend a week with a family living below the poverty level because their manufacturing jobs were sent overseas for "cheap labor" and all that was left was a cashier's position at Wal-Mart. You'll be chanting "livable wage now!" in no time at all.

Step 6: Stop listening to TV and radio pundits who have "amnesia" about the separation of church and state.
Their intent is to convince everyone that church-state separation was never intended by our Founding Fathers and that the United States was started as a Christian nation. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robinson not only lie about our founding fathers, but also don't grasp the lessons of millennia of bloody battles between popes, mullahs, and kings. Look at the back of a dollar bill and see "novus ordo seclorum" - "a new secular order" - and realize that the US Government is a secular democracy, not a religious theocracy.

Step 7: Stop pretending that you don't understand that government is "We, The People," and not some sort of "them."
"Drowning government in a bathtub," as conservatives have recommended, may have been a good idea in the former Soviet Union, but the United States is a constitutional representative democratic republic where our government is, literally, us. It was designed to work for us, be owned by us, exists solely by virtue of our ongoing approval, and must answer to us. The shared commons of our nation - including our air, water, transportation routes, airwaves and cable networks, communication systems, military, police, prisons, fire services, health care infrastructure, and courts must, for democracy to work well, be held either by locally-controlled non-profit corporations or by a government responsive to its citizens, with corporations barred from the political process.

Step 8: Repent from your SUV and let's start taking care of the planet we all share.
The natural world - including our water and air - is our most vital and essential commons, and therefore must be protected from those who would despoil it for short-term profit. When they poison the world, they degrade our quality of life and threaten our children's future. Begin now - by participating in our representative government - to take immediate steps to protect the commons we share with all other life on planet Earth.

Step 9: Stop listening to conservative talk radio.
Understand that talk show hosts of the conservative ilk daily demonstrate that bullying, humiliation, and the "big lie" are at the core of conservative talk radio. Turn them off, and instead tune into one of the many liberal talk shows that are daily sprouting across America, and where democracy is still alive and well.

Step 10: Help transform America back into an energy-independent nation.
Building a civilization on liquefied fossils and then thinking it will last forever makes no sense. World oil reserves are enough to sustain us only into our children's lifetimes, and then will run out. Encourage your elected representatives to help create viable energy sources that are not dependent on fossil fuels, and, in the meantime, take immediate steps to reduce use of and preserve our precious stores before they're exhausted.

Step 11: Refrain from rewriting political history.
Its now time to admit that George W. Bush and his administration have been lying to us about the war on terror, the invasion of Iraq, taking away our freedoms with The Patriot Act, and misleading the America people on issues from the environment to taxes to jobs. Know now that George W. Bush was selected not elected, and the election was stolen from Al Gore. You may now research beyond propaganda from right-wing think tanks and Faux News to understand things as they really exist in the world. Stay in touch with the many progressive news sites (like this one) and publications and encourage our mainstream media to stop being cowed by right-wing bullies and corporate paymasters.

Step 12: Be a visionary. Once you have completed the previous steps to freeing yourself from conservative talk radio, it's time for you to share this awakening with others who will benefit from your new enlightenment. Go out amongst the "ditto-head" sheep and spread the good word of your freedom from the chains of ignorance that once bound you. Congratulations, and welcome to reality! And keep tuning your radio to The Thom Hartmann Program.

Free Yourself from Conservative Talk Radio: 12 Steps to Recovery
Published on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 by CommonDreams.org

Step 1: Admit that you were under the sway of right-wing, anti-democracy radicals.
This is the first step for every conservative or "ditto-head" listener on the way to recovery. It is important to understand that the people you were listening to are not "compassionate conservatives," "Republicans," or "pillars of morality." They're right-wing conservative radicals, more interested in strong corporations than strong democracy, and you must be honest with yourself about that fact.

Step 2: Realize that we can't have freedom & liberty without first building a civil society.
And civil society has certain costs, such as education, infrastructure, health care, defense, transportation, communications, a viable social safety net, and the protection of the commons, which we all agree to pay for with something called taxes that we levy on ourselves and not on our children. Only on this basis can we have individual liberty.

Step 3: Love democracy's basis in debate and respectful disagreement.
The processes of debate, dissent, and compromise are democracy's underlying strength. This may be the most difficult step for those of you who had completely surrendered to the dark side of conservatism and have labeled dissenters as unpatriotic. Admit that democracy actually requires dissent. You might want to read the words of our Founders to better understand what democracy is and what it isn't. Start with Jefferson.

Step 4: Understand that a living wage is vital to maintain a viable middle-class.
A strong middle class is vital to democracy. To say that somebody who earns millions a year by sitting by the pool collecting dividend checks "works that much harder" than a middle-class wage earner is simple nonsense. Although morality tells us that people deserve a livable wage and fair taxes, reality tells us even more starkly that without everybody having access to a good job, and in a nation where dividend-earners pay only 15% in income tax, democracy is at risk.

Step 5: Support labor unions and stop chanting "cheap labor" as the tired old right-wing mantra.
"Cheap labor" is the core mantra of the conservatives, and ultimately harms democracy. If capital can organize in the form of a corporation, and corporations can organize as conglomerates, Chambers of Commerce, and trade and lobbying associations, then labor must have an equal and guaranteed-by-law right to organize. Strong unions are the only thing standing between you and serfdom at the hands of corporate masters, and without the unions of the past there would be no American middle class today. If you have difficulty with this step, spend a week with a family living below the poverty level because their manufacturing jobs were sent overseas for "cheap labor" and all that was left was a cashier's position at Wal-Mart. You'll be chanting "livable wage now!" in no time at all.

Step 6: Stop listening to TV and radio pundits who have "amnesia" about the separation of church and state.
Their intent is to convince everyone that church-state separation was never intended by our Founding Fathers and that the United States was started as a Christian nation. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robinson not only lie about our founding fathers, but also don't grasp the lessons of millennia of bloody battles between popes, mullahs, and kings. Look at the back of a dollar bill and see "novus ordo seclorum" - "a new secular order" - and realize that the US Government is a secular democracy, not a religious theocracy.

Step 7: Stop pretending that you don't understand that government is "We, The People," and not some sort of "them."
"Drowning government in a bathtub," as conservatives have recommended, may have been a good idea in the former Soviet Union, but the United States is a constitutional representative democratic republic where our government is, literally, us. It was designed to work for us, be owned by us, exists solely by virtue of our ongoing approval, and must answer to us. The shared commons of our nation - including our air, water, transportation routes, airwaves and cable networks, communication systems, military, police, prisons, fire services, health care infrastructure, and courts must, for democracy to work well, be held either by locally-controlled non-profit corporations or by a government responsive to its citizens, with corporations barred from the political process.

Step 8: Repent from your SUV and let's start taking care of the planet we all share.
The natural world - including our water and air - is our most vital and essential commons, and therefore must be protected from those who would despoil it for short-term profit. When they poison the world, they degrade our quality of life and threaten our children's future. Begin now - by participating in our representative government - to take immediate steps to protect the commons we share with all other life on planet Earth.

Step 9: Stop listening to conservative talk radio.
Understand that talk show hosts of the conservative ilk daily demonstrate that bullying, humiliation, and the "big lie" are at the core of conservative talk radio. Turn them off, and instead tune into one of the many liberal talk shows that are daily sprouting across America, and where democracy is still alive and well.

Step 10: Help transform America back into an energy-independent nation.
Building a civilization on liquefied fossils and then thinking it will last forever makes no sense. World oil reserves are enough to sustain us only into our children's lifetimes, and then will run out. Encourage your elected representatives to help create viable energy sources that are not dependent on fossil fuels, and, in the meantime, take immediate steps to reduce use of and preserve our precious stores before they're exhausted.

Step 11: Refrain from rewriting political history.
Its now time to admit that George W. Bush and his administration have been lying to us about the war on terror, the invasion of Iraq, taking away our freedoms with The Patriot Act, and misleading the America people on issues from the environment to taxes to jobs. Know now that George W. Bush was selected not elected, and the election was stolen from Al Gore. You may now research beyond propaganda from right-wing think tanks and Faux News to understand things as they really exist in the world. Stay in touch with the many progressive news sites (like this one) and publications and encourage our mainstream media to stop being cowed by right-wing bullies and corporate paymasters.

Step 12: Be a visionary. Once you have completed the previous steps to freeing yourself from conservative talk radio, it's time for you to share this awakening with others who will benefit from your new enlightenment. Go out amongst the "ditto-head" sheep and spread the good word of your freedom from the chains of ignorance that once bound you. Congratulations, and welcome to reality! And keep tuning your radio to The Thom Hartmann Program.

You have no idea what the constitution means. [really read the entire document]

You have been brain washed by socialists.

This country will never be Utopia.

Let the free market work it's magic.

It's as simple as that. People don't care about each other and never will. It's all about money. Know that all you have in this world is you and your family and friends, that's it. Take care of your own. Be good.

It's as simple as that. People don't care about each other and never will. It's all about money. Know that all you have in this world is you and your family and friends, that's it. Take care of your own. Be good.

You need to read about the so called free market prior to the great depression. The reason communism fascism and socialism started in the first place was because free market capitalism was a failure. Thus the mixed economies of present modern society. Your ilk are trying to return to those bad old times but hopefully enough people know better.

You have no idea what the constitution means. [really read the entire document]

You have been brain washed by socialists.

This country will never be Utopia.

No way dude. Our government is of the people and for the people. It is not survival of the fittest. That's why we have social security.

No, it will never be a utopia and I don't want communism. I just want fair markets. Not free, fair.

The free markets did work their magic. See where it got us?

PS. McCain de-regulated the savings and loans in the 80's and....well, look into the Keating 5 and see what happened. He ruined the S&L industry with this scandal. They de-regulated the mortgage industry and look what happened. They de-regulated the oil and energy industries and look where it got us. Without government, the rich would take over this country. They would never pay taxes.

Remember Leona Helmsley? What did she say? Taxes are for the little people.

You and I are little people. Why don't you see the rich lobbyists are making things more and more unfair everyday?

Forum List

Back