Why a Conservative America is a Myth

130 Years a go there were signs that said IRISH need not apply.

There were editorials that read, "Immigration is out of control."

I'm sorry but I now see you for what you are, a biggot.

At 7 posts in, I see you haven't talked matters over with me. But you'll come to find that not only can I spell "bigot," I can defend the position that racial and ethnic groups are inherently different with some force. Most "conservatives" haven't thought about this topic any more than most liberals, but stick around and you'll see that refusing to defend Western civilization because you want to champion the cause of the Irish isn't really championing the cause of the Irish -- it's KILLING them. Neocons = Oliver Cromwell, in other words.

Guys, guys, guys, when are you going to realize that the liberal/conservative battle only rages among the powerless. In the wine and brie catered boardrooms of real power there are no liberals and conservatives, Democrats or Republicans, only very clever men (mostly) who have been consolidating their power for the past 80 years and whose only goal is to recreate the Roman Empire on a truly global scale. They see no borders, only a united Earth under their despotic rule. Give me a break! This debate is so delusional.

Last edited:
Yes infact not a week ago I heard a Junior liberal Democrat congress woman call for the Nationalizing of all American Oil refineries. I believe it was on Cavutos show.

Was pretty shocking to hear actually.

Did she have an L tattooed on her head? And Fox is not news it is propaganda.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Guys, guys, guys, when are you going to realize that the liberal/conservative battle only rages among the powerless. In the wine and brie catered boardrooms of real power there are no liberals and conservatives, Democrats or Republicans, only very clever men (mostly) who have been consolidating their power for the past 80 years and whose only goal is to recreate the Roman Empire on a truly global scale. They see no borders, only a united Earth under their despotic rule. Give me a break! This debate is so delusional.

Right on. Only I'd characterize their long range plan as Neo-feudalist

The only borders (to them) are around those rare places in the world where there are armed struggles against their absolute control (columbia, the MidEast some hellholes in Africa, as examples)

And naturally for our benefit, the media informs us that anyone defending those bordersi s a terrorist, one who wants to take away our Bibles and our guns and make us worship Allah, or be a Communist, or something unpleasant.

Ironically, they may be right about that, though.

I no more trust the people actively fighting the system than I trust the people controlling the system.

even though I know you are right, I still get sucked into arguing these petty wedge issues.

Ha! I like the spirit... but I think these characters identify more with Hannibal than Julius Caesar, if you catch my anti-Semitic drift.

Ok, we seem to have a Liberal Rant going here and I think it is time to quell the mis-truth with some facts.

I believe that the majority of America is Conservative. Let's look at a few key issues.

Abortion - A good number of Americans do not appreciate Abortion in the state that it is in. Recent polls show that the majority of Americans would like to see Abortion used as an Emergency Procedure to save the life of the mother, and would like to limit or end abortions for those who can't keep "it" in their pants. Abortion was not created so that you can "correct a mistake." Why do Liberals feel that killing a child (or a fetus) is a justified reaction to nullify the responsibilities of sex? So you can't restrain yourself... or at the very least... cant use protection.... so lets destroy a life. Where do you get the audacity?

Gun Rights - The majority of Americans support the ability to have guns for personal protection. Liberals believe that by taking guns away from citizens, that the crime rate goes down. There are many examples where this proves that they are wrong. London, Chicago, San Fransisco. These are just a few places where the Liberal Mentality of "no guns = less crimes" is proved wrong. In fact, in Chicago (which I live near), crimes have risen higher and higher. Lets remember this very simple lesson: Guns do not kill people. People kill people. The gun will not shoot unless someone shoots the gun. We need to focus more on personal responsibility rather than instruments used. If I can blame a gun for killing someone and leave the human out of the equation, then I should be able to blame misspelled words on my pencil or pen. I should blame the oven for an overcooked dinner. I should blame the car for running out of gas. It is absurd to make these assumptions. If you do, then you need your head examined.

Social Security - The Republican plan for Social Security is to not end Social Security at all... but to simplify it. My take is that each individual person will pay into Social Security controlled by a set of private companies or even the government, but instead of paying for someone else to retire, you are saving for your own. A percentage of the money paid in will still go for welfare to help those who need it, but it places personal responsibility to fund your own retirement. Liberals put words in the mouths of Conservatives. They don't have any ideas of their own, they just down ours. This way, even lower income earners can have a better retirement package that what the government is able to offer now. It doesn't end Social Security at all.... it improves it, while at the same time reducing bureaucracy. Liberals are against that? No kidding....

You see... Liberals have no idea what conservatism is. They make up their own definition to make conservatism look bad because it isn't what they want. They say that only Democrats can be for progress, but that isn't true. All parties are for progress for America, the difference is the approach each party takes. Democrats and Liberals do not have the monopoly on Progress... that in itself is a myth.

Liberals also do not like "Personal Responsibility." Instead of encouraging people to take care of themselves (when possible) they like to see people on welfare and other welfare programs to make you dependent on them. That way those who try to make a living endure the consequences of those that don't try at all. Now Dont get me wrong, there are some people who can not help themselves due to mental issues, disabilities, etc. Helping them out is imperative to our morality to help those in need. It is NOT for those who just don't want to. I understand it is hard at times. I have seen hard times like the rest. However, it is not the responsibility of others to pay for the life of the lazy do-nothing freeloaders. Thats not why I work or pay taxes, nor anyone else. I know some people need help, but many people on welfare don't even try. Thats not "leaving anyone behind," its building personal responsibility, character, and integrity. Things that the Liberals have torn down over the years.

Prime example of Liberals inability to be personally responsible: During the 12 year Republican Reign in congress... everything was the Republicans fault. Why? Because they were the majority. They were the leaders. They were in charge. To an extent, that is true. Now, Liberals are in charge and whos fault is everything? Still Republicans. Still conservatives. There is a mean, glowing double standard. It shows that Liberals don't like Personal Responsibility.

I'm glad we cleared up this "myth" business....

First problem: if you're either one or the other you're a powerless drip allowing the real American power structure to divide and conquer. As I said once before, you just don't get it. The political spectrum was created for two reasons: 1. to make certain that there are always two factions in the world to make war against each other on a grand scale (not little fire fights like in Somalia and Ruanda). The reasoning behind such a seemingly inane course of action? To create the friction necessary for mankind to progress at a far more rapid pace than during times of peace. At least that's the theory many in real power hold. I personally like the idea in concept, but in reality? 2. to make certain that there are always two factions at odds with each other (Democrats and Republicans for example) to give the illusion of choice. Choice is necessary for the existence of a second illusion, democracy, at least in the United States and mostly Europe. As far as I can tell, only the Israeli Knesset is truly democratic.

The Dems and Reps offer you the ridiculous extremes of liberalism and conservatism and then asks you to vote against your best interests no matter which party wins. Stop the madness and look behind the vail, a little man in a victorian suit is pulling all your levers.

No, most people agree with liberals, for the most part. It's the Conservative's spin on what we say and do that confuses people. People think we love to give crack mothers welfare and we want to take guns away.

And the social conservatives are a minority too. The people calling the FCC to ban Howard Stearn are really a minority.

Bush didn't actually win 2000 or 2004. They stole it.

And the metropolis' are liberal. The bible belt may be conservative but they don't produce squat, except cotton and tobacco.

Every great thing that happened to this country was due to progressive movements.

Washington was a Progressive. The conservatives wanted to stay with England.

Dumbass, what was Social Security's budget then, as matter of fact how much did we spend on the war on poverty then.............0$

I would say the majority of Americans are more liberal than conservative. Why else would the country continue to progress if the majority was against progress?

I would say the majority of Americans are more liberal than conservative. Why else would the country continue to progress if the majority was against progress?

assuming all Conservatives are against Progress is a false assumption. Liberals do not hold a monopoly on progress. In fact Progressive is just the term they use when they are afraid to admit to being liberal.

As I have said before the US is a Liberal Democracy. Therefore being called Liberal in the context of US politics means you are to the left in an already left leaning nation. Where as being called Conservative means you are more to the right in an already left leaning nation. Or in other words your nearer the middle than the far right of the over all political spectrum on an international level.

Last edited:
In fact Progressive is just the term they use when they are afraid to admit to being liberal.

Did you steal that from Hannity or from Oreilly?

Seriously, liberals, like myself, are in no way ashamed to be liberals. In fact, I get enjoyment out of you guys (neocons, libertarians, cons, ect...) acting like liberal is a dirty word.

assuming all Conservatives are against Progress is a false assumption. Liberals do not hold a monopoly on progress. In fact Progressive is just the term they use when they are afraid to admit to being liberal.

As I have said before the US is a Liberal Democracy. Therefore being called Liberal in the context of US politics means you are to the left in an already left leaning nation. Where as being called Conservative means you are more to the right in an already left leaning nation. Or in other words your nearer the middle than the far right of the over all political spectrum on an international level.

we're left leaning compared to who?

America is a representative republic.

Democracies have a "MOB RULE" mentality.

America is orderly and generally conservative by nature.

We are a very open society but we love out traditions. This is reinforced by our regional mores.

Look at the North East U.S.

You're probably thinking liberal bastion right? now.

There are more religious fanatics in the northeast than anywhere. We're just plagued by structure and an unwillingness to change. [a conservative trait]

These people vote democrat out of habit. They have been brainwashed to think that republican means, union busting, racist, sexist, homophobic, knuckledragger who is out only for the "rich guy".

But get out in there in the suburban land of hunters and pickup trucks and you've got the deer on the hood NRA soccer mom who'd only vote for a Democrat if he was shown with a gun or at a baseball game.

Liberals have to lie about who they really are to get elected.

O'Bama has the egghead vote, he's got the poor.

how's he gonna do with white males who own their own contracting business?

O'Bama will win 10 states.

MASS, NY, NJ, CAL, MICH, ILL, VT, NH, ORE and WASH

the rest of the map is red this time.

Don't worry your still gonna get a liberal.:D

we're left leaning compared to who?

America is a representative republic.

Democracies have a "MOB RULE" mentality.

America is orderly and generally conservative by nature.

We are a very open society but we love out traditions. This is reinforced by our regional mores.

Look at the North East U.S.

You're probably thinking liberal bastion right? now.

There are more religious fanatics in the northeast than anywhere. We're just plagued by structure and an unwillingness to change. [a conservative trait]

These people vote democrat out of habit. They have been brainwashed to think that republican means, union busting, racist, sexist, homophobic, knuckledragger who is out only for the "rich guy".

But get out in there in the suburban land of hunters and pickup trucks and you've got the deer on the hood NRA soccer mom who'd only vote for a Democrat if he was shown with a gun or at a baseball game.

Liberals have to lie about who they really are to get elected.

O'Bama has the egghead vote, he's got the poor.

how's he gonna do with white males who own their own contracting business?

O'Bama will win 10 states.

MASS, NY, NJ, CAL, MICH, ILL, VT, NH, ORE and WASH

the rest of the map is red this time.

Don't worry your still gonna get a liberal.:D

You are liberals as compared to the American Political Spectrum, don't be offended it is not an insult, just a fact.

First problem: if you're either one or the other you're a powerless drip allowing the real American power structure to divide and conquer. As I said once before, you just don't get it. The political spectrum was created for two reasons: 1. to make certain that there are always two factions in the world to make war against each other on a grand scale (not little fire fights like in Somalia and Ruanda). The reasoning behind such a seemingly inane course of action? To create the friction necessary for mankind to progress at a far more rapid pace than during times of peace. At least that's the theory many in real power hold. I personally like the idea in concept, but in reality? 2. to make certain that there are always two factions at odds with each other (Democrats and Republicans for example) to give the illusion of choice. Choice is necessary for the existence of a second illusion, democracy, at least in the United States and mostly Europe. As far as I can tell, only the Israeli Knesset is truly democratic.

The Dems and Reps offer you the ridiculous extremes of liberalism and conservatism and then asks you to vote against your best interests no matter which party wins. Stop the madness and look behind the vail, a little man in a victorian suit is pulling all your levers.

Spot on.

it really depends on how one defines liberal and conservative.
in my opinion Conservative and liberal as applied to political philosiphies
simply means conservative
not wanting large amounts of government
no centralized control
esentially less government
where liberal seems to put faith in the government
to be able to redistibute funds and manage social issues
it's not so much to do with specific politicians and who you support but rather
a philisophical approach to how government should work

Forum List

Back