Why 536 AD was the worst year to be alive, weather wise.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Bubonic plague, famine, war and flu pandemics have made some periods of human history infamous for death and suffering but one year stands above the rest in terms of misery; 536AD.

According to research from a Harvard professor, it is a prime candidate for the unfortunate accolade of the worst year in the entirety of recorded history.

Europe, the Middle East, and parts of Asia were plunged into 18 months of solid darkness by a mysterious fog.

It caused snowfall, continental-scale crop failure, extreme drought, famine and disease throughout most of the northern hemisphere.

The bleak year was triggered by a cataclysmic Icelandic eruption, scientists say, and was an ominous omen for a bleak century of suffering and death.

Michael McCormick, a Harvard University archaeologist and medieval historian, told that the world did not show signs of recovery until 640AD.

‘It was the beginning of one of the worst periods to be alive, if not the worst year,’ Dr McCormick said.

The eerie fog created a drab world with darkness residing over the northern hemisphere for 18 months, with an unrelenting dusk persevering through day and night.

6284240-0-image-a-9_1542389912897.jpg

Why 536 AD was the worst year to be alive | Daily Mail Online

Maybe it was because white people were burning fossil fuels in order to forge steal along with other metals.

There are various theories floating around about what was the worst year Thera in 1620 BC would be a huge contender and if the 1421 folks are right a comet strike south of New Zealand set off the largest tsunami ever and that had major effects worldwide.

Bubonic plague, famine, war and flu pandemics have made some periods of human history infamous for death and suffering but one year stands above the rest in terms of misery; 536AD.

According to research from a Harvard professor, it is a prime candidate for the unfortunate accolade of the worst year in the entirety of recorded history.

Europe, the Middle East, and parts of Asia were plunged into 18 months of solid darkness by a mysterious fog.

It caused snowfall, continental-scale crop failure, extreme drought, famine and disease throughout most of the northern hemisphere.

The bleak year was triggered by a cataclysmic Icelandic eruption, scientists say, and was an ominous omen for a bleak century of suffering and death.

Michael McCormick, a Harvard University archaeologist and medieval historian, told that the world did not show signs of recovery until 640AD.

‘It was the beginning of one of the worst periods to be alive, if not the worst year,’ Dr McCormick said.

The eerie fog created a drab world with darkness residing over the northern hemisphere for 18 months, with an unrelenting dusk persevering through day and night.

Maybe it was because white people were burning fossil fuels in order to forge steal along with other metals.
August 4th 1961, the worst year for the whole world and its almost total destruction...

Barack Obama · Born
Aug 04, 1961 · Honolulu, HI
The almost Fundamental Transformation of America into a 3rd world nation was born....

hi, owl! I can't comment on Prof. McCormick's thesis. Believe it or not, I wasn't there. But since you tucked in a little comment referring to today's weather related concerns, can I point out that today about 95% of scientists studying weather patterns agree that man-made pollution is contributing to a coming weather crisis...and you dispute their opinions because maybe 5% or so cast doubts. Also because I think you do not want to believe it. Yet this one guy says a certain year was the worst ever and you believe him enough to put your moniker on his thesis and pass it on.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to read what the Prof has to say. I love history.

hi, owl! I can't comment on Prof. McCormick's thesis. Believe it or not, I wasn't there. But since you tucked in a little comment referring to today's weather related concerns, can I point out that today about 95% of scientists studying weather patterns agree that man-made pollution is contributing to a coming weather crisis...and you dispute their opinions because maybe 5% or so cast doubts. Also because I think you do not want to believe it. Yet this one guy says a certain year was the worst ever and you believe him enough to put your moniker on his thesis and pass it on.

When money is given to find a result in a scientific consensus, then that result WILL be found. If not, then the funding for the research goes away...Just follow the money. Global Warming Religion is like the Clinton Crime Foundation. When the truth is found out, then it disappears..

Global Warming: Follow the Money | National Review

The Clintons Dirty money exposed & thank God the foundation is now bankrupt

billions-of-dollars-of-grant-money-over-50-billion-are-flowing-into-the.jpg

When money is given to find a result in a scientific consensus, then that result WILL be found. If not, then the funding for the research goes away...Just follow the money. Global Warming Religion is like the Clinton Crime Foundation. When the truth is found out, then it disappears..

Hmmm! I missed the news that the Clinton Foundation is bankrupt. When did that happen?

Hmmm! I missed the news that the Clinton Foundation is bankrupt. When did that happen?
When the bitch didnt get elected in 2016.

And, as usual, you are a liar. And just where do you get that figure for money flowing into the pockets of scientists? Just another rightwingnut lie you parrot like a good little stupid sheep.

And, as usual, you are a liar. And just where do you get that figure for money flowing into the pockets of scientists? Just another rightwingnut lie you parrot like a good little stupid sheep.
Could it be that when I was a contractor working for DynCorp and was in the Food and Drug Association building, I got to meet some scientists that actually said "if you dont find the results of the research the money is looking for, the money goes away". Too bad you are such a FASCIST supporting your liberal cause, because like Nazi's it is going to end up bad for you retards....

Could it be that when I was a contractor working for DynCorp and was in the Food and Drug Association building, I got to meet some scientists that actually said "if you dont find the results of the research the money is looking for, the money goes away". Too bad you are such a FASCIST supporting your liberal cause, because like Nazi's it is going to end up bad for you retards....
I think you heard wrong, or that your source was embittered by losing some funding. It is closer to the truth to say that if you don't find results (period), not just the results confirming the proposed research, you lose finding. Nobody pays forever for a losing project. However that's not your point, is it? That is your excuse.

Forum List

Back