WHY 14TH Amendment MUST BE APPEALED.

nraforlife and lilollady, those are the extremely small and unimportant views of the 14th Amendment. Neither of you addressed my points why it would not be amended.

nraforlife has an interesting hook for dems: amend the 14th to deny "personhood" for corporations in order to limit their ability to swamp elections with their dollars. That's interesting, and I bet 3/4s of America would like that to happen.

I see some dissonance between considering a corporation a person for donation purposes, but not allowing a corporation to vote as a registered voter. My point is this: If an entity does not have the capability to vote, and will never have that capability, why are we allowing it to influence funding? (I'm not talking about legal residents, who may eventually become voting citizens.) Corporations can never become voting citizens, so why should these non-person entities have privileges when it comes to campaign financing?

Excellent question, Ozmar. I certainly believe, despite the SC, that corporations and unions can be regulated re: campaign donations. I consider the ruling part of the 'radical conservative agenda' and an 'activist decision that legislates rather than adjudicates' from the bench.

Must be proud of the big words you are using. :clap2:

I don't know you or any member of your family, so I do apologize for attacking your familiy member, but you are still a little piece of insignificant refuse. I have never gave anyone the impression that my opinion is right. It is just an opinion.
People go nit picking because they have nothing meaningful and significant in their lives to focus on. Appeal or repeal, I think you knew what I meant.

Hey twat lips, you DO know that it's against the terms of service (TOS) to mention someones family in a derogatory way, right?

As far as your opinion? Yes, you do have a right to it, but in order for you to possibly have a chance to make it understood, you should at least have a decent comprehension of the language you are using.

Nitpicking because someone doesn't have anything significant in their lives? Are you speaking of yourself and your bullshit about the 14th amendment? Because, this messageboard isn't my whole life. I'm working on getting over 2000 miles on my bicycle by the end of November, and I just started at the end of May.

And.......if something "appeals" to me, it is something that I go after, not revoke or throw away, which is what "repeal" means.

Wanna know why I got confused? Because your ignorant racist ass was too fucking stupid to know how to use English properly. Unlike you, I don't sort of hope that I've got the right idea, because again, unlike you, I actually have a decent vocabulary to work with.

What are you, the Evelyn Wood of white Ebonics?

That's why we should never make comments like you do, because you have no idea who we are talking to.
I am into my 30th year of MS and I am having a problem finding the words I want to use and I make many mistakes. I worked in the legal system and educational system, author of many books and make many speeches. I admit, I am not as sharp as I use to be. Has nothing to do with my race or my education. It is rather hilarious the opinion of who you believe me to be.
I volunteer for Foster Grandparents and for the civil court system. Since my last MS relapse I have slowed down considerable.
I have spent all the time I have for this name calling, so I am getting back to discussing illegal immigration.

Should never make comments like I do? I suppose that going after a persons family members is more your style, right douchenozzle?

So.......you're into your 30th year of MS? If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary, it's somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis". I don't really care what your health problems are, nor do I really give a fuck about you, I just care what you post, because that is the only way I have of understanding or knowing about you.

And, from what you've posted, you're a shriveled up shrew who's a fucking racist twat as well.

Fuck off you goddamn pedant, go please purists.

Hey twat lips, you DO know that it's against the terms of service (TOS) to mention someones family in a derogatory way, right?

As far as your opinion? Yes, you do have a right to it, but in order for you to possibly have a chance to make it understood, you should at least have a decent comprehension of the language you are using.

Nitpicking because someone doesn't have anything significant in their lives? Are you speaking of yourself and your bullshit about the 14th amendment? Because, this messageboard isn't my whole life. I'm working on getting over 2000 miles on my bicycle by the end of November, and I just started at the end of May.

And.......if something "appeals" to me, it is something that I go after, not revoke or throw away, which is what "repeal" means.

Wanna know why I got confused? Because your ignorant racist ass was too fucking stupid to know how to use English properly. Unlike you, I don't sort of hope that I've got the right idea, because again, unlike you, I actually have a decent vocabulary to work with.

What are you, the Evelyn Wood of white Ebonics?

That's why we should never make comments like you do, because you have no idea who we are talking to.
I am into my 30th year of MS and I am having a problem finding the words I want to use and I make many mistakes. I worked in the legal system and educational system, author of many books and make many speeches. I admit, I am not as sharp as I use to be. Has nothing to do with my race or my education. It is rather hilarious the opinion of who you believe me to be.
I volunteer for Foster Grandparents and for the civil court system. Since my last MS relapse I have slowed down considerable.
I have spent all the time I have for this name calling, so I am getting back to discussing illegal immigration.

Should never make comments like I do? I suppose that going after a persons family members is more your style, right douchenozzle?

So.......you're into your 30th year of MS? If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary, it's somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis". I don't really care what your health problems are, nor do I really give a fuck about you, I just care what you post, because that is the only way I have of understanding or knowing about you.

And, from what you've posted, you're a shriveled up shrew who's a fucking racist twat as well.

The post was not directed toward your family member, it was directed toward you and your filthy mouth. I know where you are coming from but to express it would get me into trouble again. But you are very sick metally and should get help. ASAP
I don't want any things from you, I apologized and that's all your ignorant excuse for a human get from me.
It is not normal or healthy for a nomal human being to use the debased language you do to expess ones self.:eusa_hand:
Speak like that to the wrong person and you will get your a** wrapped around your head like a hat.:eusa_whistle:
What is your excuse for being ignorant? IS this the only way you know how to express your self?

You are working at 2000 miles on your bike???LMFOAO

Last edited:

The post was not directed toward your family member, it was directed toward you and your filthy mouth. I know where you are coming from but to express it would get me into trouble again. But you are very sick metally and should get help. ASAP
I don't want any things from you, I apologized and that's all your ignorant excuse for a human get from me.
It is not normal or healthy for a nomal human being to use the debased language you do to expess ones self.:eusa_hand:
Speak like that to the wrong person and you will get your a** wrapped around your head like a hat.:eusa_whistle:
What is your excuse for being ignorant? IS this the only way you know how to express your self?

You are working at 2000 miles on your bike???LMFOAO

Stop apologizing. Once because you feel like you went over a line is good. Commendable.

But you owe a turd like GayBiker nothing more than that.

The words "appeal" and "repeal" are both legal terms and use often to describe amending the 14th Amendment. I have used both words in legal documents. The meaning are similiar in definitions and meaning. It is easy for someone who do not know the legal system to get the two confused.
re·pealed, re·peal·ing, re·peals
1. To revoke or rescind, especially by an official or formal act.

When you appeal a ruling, your expectation is to have it "overturned"

Case in point;

Is it to dangerous, to appeal the 14th amendment ?
I look at the current administration, The GOP, as well as the Democratic party as a "choir full of screaming chimps". I don't have the confidence to trust them with going in and tempering with the Constitution. While I do feel that 14th amendment is being misinterpreted, and abused. I do feel that changing any part of it could be disastrous in the long run.

This would not even be a argument if our immigration laws were followed in the first place. The idea that we can trust the same ones that created this problem ( or at the very least turned their eyes from it), the permission to tamper with our what " declares of rights as free people" is a dangerous step in the wrong direction.

I feel the only way to truly deal with the immigration problem is not amnesty, immigration reform, appealing the 14th amendment, building walls, but to simply enforce our current laws.
Is it to dangerous, to appeal the 14th amendment ? - Yahoo! Answers

If they appeal the 14th Amendment to the Constitution does that mean everyone loses citizenship?
All this talk about anchor babies and appealing the 14th amendment has got me thinking. If the 14th amendment is abolished, does that mean we all loses our citizenship? Technically, we are all anchor babies. Our ancestors immigrated here from all over the world and gave birth, which sounds like the current issue we are having today. The only true Americans would then be the native Americans.
If they appeal the 14th Amendment to the Constitution does that mean everyone loses citizenship? - Yahoo! Answers

And I think it is petty and nit picking for anyone to make a big issue of the wording when the yknow what the issue being discussed is. There are more important issues on illegal immigration than to waste time on these kind of insignificant things. If you want to discuss English usage, go to an English language message board. But for someone that the biggest highlight in their life is riding his bike, it is understandable.

The words "appeal" and "repeal" are both legal terms and use often to describe amending the 14th Amendment. I have used both words in legal documents. The meaning are similiar in definitions and meaning. It is easy for someone who do not know the legal system to get the two confused.
re·pealed, re·peal·ing, re·peals
1. To revoke or rescind, especially by an official or formal act.

When you appeal a ruling, your expectation is to have it "overturned"

Case in point;

Is it to dangerous, to appeal the 14th amendment ?
I look at the current administration, The GOP, as well as the Democratic party as a "choir full of screaming chimps". I don't have the confidence to trust them with going in and tempering with the Constitution. While I do feel that 14th amendment is being misinterpreted, and abused. I do feel that changing any part of it could be disastrous in the long run.

This would not even be a argument if our immigration laws were followed in the first place. The idea that we can trust the same ones that created this problem ( or at the very least turned their eyes from it), the permission to tamper with our what " declares of rights as free people" is a dangerous step in the wrong direction.

I feel the only way to truly deal with the immigration problem is not amnesty, immigration reform, appealing the 14th amendment, building walls, but to simply enforce our current laws.
Is it to dangerous, to appeal the 14th amendment ? - Yahoo! Answers

If they appeal the 14th Amendment to the Constitution does that mean everyone loses citizenship?
All this talk about anchor babies and appealing the 14th amendment has got me thinking. If the 14th amendment is abolished, does that mean we all loses our citizenship? Technically, we are all anchor babies. Our ancestors immigrated here from all over the world and gave birth, which sounds like the current issue we are having today. The only true Americans would then be the native Americans.
If they appeal the 14th Amendment to the Constitution does that mean everyone loses citizenship? - Yahoo! Answers

And I think it is petty and nit picking for anyone to make a big issue of the wording when the yknow what the issue being discussed is. There are more important issues on illegal immigration than to waste time on these kind of insignificant things. If you want to discuss English usage, go to an English language message board. But for someone that the biggest highlight in their life is riding his bike, it is understandable.

Hey Racist Bitch.......wanna provide a link for the first court case to bolster your use of the word "appeal"?

If it hasn't been up in front of the SC, where the fuck is the "appeal" at?

Face it you useless life support system for a vagina, you fucked up and your trying to justify it is kinda like watching a 3 legged cat on a linoleum floor, trying to bury a turd.

The Supreme Court noted that the Civil Rights Act of 1866 had already tried to confer citizenship on all persons born or naturalized in the US. However, proponents of the 14th Amendment had expressed fears that this provision could be repealed by a later Congress, and so they insisted that the new amendment should contain its own definition of citizenship that Congress could not change later onCourt rulings on dual citizenship

The proposal misinterprets the Constitution through a slanted historical context that ignores its whole meaning. Advocates of the repeal say that the amendment was passed in 1868 to grant citizenship to the children of former slaves and that its writers could not have predicted the illegal immigration problem. This view is not entirely true. The amendment did more than that. It forced states to comply with the Bill of Rights. Also, it explicitly referred to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof." By not clearly stating, "all children of former slaves," it established a timeless principle unlimited to historical restrictions.

" + artTitle.replace("-","") + " - " + "The Daily Campus" + "

The meaning of 'born within the allegiance of'Posted on April 7, 2009 by NBC
Thanks to Dr Conspiracy we now know that in Look Tin Sing the court ruled that By being born within the allegiance of a government is only meant being born within the protection of its laws, with a consequent obligation … Continue reading →

The meaning of 'born within the allegiance of' | Native and Natural Born Citizenship Explored

I believe that some how some one some day soon will figure out how to repeal the 14th amendment legally. Doing so may be easier said than done. But there is more ways then one to skin a cat. It may not be done by amending or repealing. We may have to do it by reducing illegal aliens and stopping illegal immigration altogether. Closing the border. Limiting and controlling immigration. The intent of the framers did not matter to the supreme court.

Forum List

Back