• Whitney Houston

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Whitney Houston.

I'll give her that song plus the best ever version of the National Anthem at a Superbowl opening ceremony. Two of maybe five songs between both singers that I would not try and claw my way out of a moving elevator to avoid hearing.

Apropos of nothing, I wrongly thought Kenny Rodgers wrote the song prior to reading this thread. :eusa_whistle:

BM saying Whitney can't carry a tune in a bucket reminds me of a friend who once said, re: Elton John, "Well, it's not as though he had any actual hits."

Yeah. She was a bright one.

Of the two ? Whitney. Every time that Dolly bimbo opens her trap I have visions of Gomer Pyle.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V40uJ7_gk4M]Charice pempengco I Will Always Love You new 2011 HD - YouTube[/ame]

BM saying Whitney can't carry a tune in a bucket reminds me of a friend who once said, re: Elton John, "Well, it's not as though he had any actual hits."

Was that sarcasm? I don't really know music. (While the "other" kids were Rockin' Round the Clock, I was hoppin' and boppin' to the Crocodile Rock)

:razz:

Was that sarcasm? I don't really know music. (While the "other" kids were Rockin' Round the Clock, I was hoppin' and boppin' to the Crocodile Rock)

Elton John has an amazing catalog of hits, and she honestly did not know that.

I hope you don't mind. I hope you don't mind, that I put down the words...

what a nincompoop.

what a nincompoop.

"It's not as though he had any actual hits."

You *and four other people* may think his songwriting stank, but you cannot, in all honesty, say that he didn't have any actual hits.

what a nincompoop.

You *and four other people* may think his songwriting stank, but you cannot, in all honesty, say that he didn't have any actual hits.

He bastardized his own song.

Okay. You do realize that's not the point? She said he didn't have any hits. He did. He had lots. You may feel he didn't deserve them? Fine. WTF-ever. He still has a great catalog of hits.

Fuckin-A.

what a nincompoop.

I was quoting lyrics for two of his many above. (Crocodile Rock, and Your Song just in case some young person didn't catch that) :)

Okay. You do realize that's not the point? She said he didn't have any hits. He did. He had lots. You may feel he didn't deserve them? Fine. WTF-ever. He still has a great catalog of hits.

Fuckin-A.

he had hits. it was a side point.

That's pretty much exactly my take. I listened to Dolly (for probably the first time in 20 years, or whenever that song came out) - I really didn't like her back in the day. Now, I can see what people were seeing back then.

Dolly's version actually brings tears to my eyes...

which if you knew me you would know is no small thing...

i bet Gincopy feels Ringo can do it better.....:lol:

That's pretty much exactly my take. I listened to Dolly (for probably the first time in 20 years, or whenever that song came out) - I really didn't like her back in the day. Now, I can see what people were seeing back then.

Dolly's version actually brings tears to my eyes...

which if you knew me you would know is no small thing...

i bet Gincopy feels Ringo can do it better.....:lol:

lol... good 'un, Harry...

I jes' wanna make it clear though that I've always liked Ringo...

here's a tune that's always sweetly reminded me of an old girl friend...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rossxjstp2E&feature=related]RINGO STARR - Photograph - 1973 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back