Whose side is China really on?

Take a short quiz to express how you feel toward China

• I love China and trust them implicitly, they are a solid ally

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I love that Wall Street moved so many US factories to China, prices are much lower

• Pakistan and China forming an alliance does not concern me at all

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I prefer Chinese riding bikes and US commuters riding SUVs

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I prefer Americans riding bikes and Chinese commuters riding SUVs

• I don't trust the Chinese or their military at all

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I believe that the US and China are heading for major disagreements

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I believe that Wall Street will eventually regret doing business with China

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I believe the projections that show China surpassing the US by 2030

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
I do not necessarily agree at all that China is on China's side alone. Much of China is not at all as closed minded or of the medium-minded way that we have become so comfortable and relaxed within. We buck and rebel at the idea of low wages, they, however, seem to be focused on Latin America... why? Perhaps because of the fact that they would better appreciate the job opportunities... where? Well, here obviously. Why? Because American people are so busy bitchin about how AMERICANS run our land and WE cannot even seem to STAY FOCUSED on our finances well enough to pay the bills we owe, let alone the bills forthcoming and that we continue to make.

China can come to be one of our greatest allies in time, but it will take time... S/he is an amazing investment and we deserve this as a nation, I would also like to think that they deserve us, good, bane, or all and out bad.

We cannot afford to diss on China or their policies yet. Mainstream has yet to catchup to America's depths let alone to take on another country's potential. I'd say leave the judgement up to the bigger businesses and the doctors that are best exposed to the necessary advancements.

When it comes to China... I trust them to invest in our miners, even if I am wrong, I am more for them than against them. My hesitation is their history toward their unborn children. Oh, but hey, at least this could potentially open more and broader doors for the abortionists.

Why on earth would China be on anyone but China's side?

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

Remember, the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 for a reason. If Republicans and Democrats were the same, the COC would give to both parties equally. But they don't for a reason.

sure thing as long as you remember the presidents economic adviser is sending everything he can as quickly as he can to china too.....

How can you compare what someone Obama knows did to what Republicans in the senate, congress and what the Republican president did? Doesn't make any sense.

I believe the projections that show China surpassing the US by 2030

Well, this was the closest. I actually read it as, "I believe that the projections show China surpassing the US by 2030," which seemed like an accurate statement of fact. Will China surpass the U.S. in 2030? I think it's extremely likely that it'll pass us in nominal GDP, but won't come close to a per capita GDP. China has so many more people that its economy will be bigger simply by people coming out of abject poverty (never mind the massive numbers of new rich). Still, China has some structural problems it needs to fix. If China's economy goes down, the world's goes with it.

The U.S.-China relationship is far to complex for any of those poll options to come close.

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

Remember, the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 for a reason. If Republicans and Democrats were the same, the COC would give to both parties equally. But they don't for a reason.

sure thing as long as you remember the presidents economic adviser is sending everything he can as quickly as he can to china too.....

How can you compare what someone Obama knows did to what Republicans in the senate, congress and what the Republican president did? Doesn't make any sense.

Someone Obama knows? Dude he appointed him To his "Jobs" Committee.

My god dude, Open your eyes.

China is on CHINA's side.

We happen to be convenient dupes...er er...I mean trade partners at this time.

I believe the projections that show China surpassing the US by 2030
Well, this was the closest. I actually read it as, "I believe that the projections show China surpassing the US by 2030," which seemed like an accurate statement of fact. Will China surpass the U.S. in 2030? I think it's extremely likely that it'll pass us in nominal GDP, but won't come close to a per capita GDP. China has so many more people that its economy will be bigger simply by people coming out of abject poverty (never mind the massive numbers of new rich). Still, China has some structural problems it needs to fix. If China's economy goes down, the world's goes with it.

The U.S.-China relationship is far to complex for any of those poll options to come close.

This was my thought too, however, I do basically see some potential hurtles that could become major for most of America. It may not be that we will remain a united nation in the end. That may be the dividing factor that so many have foreseen, but of course, time will tell... We may also come to evolve as a nation, which is my hope.

China is on CHINA's side.

We happen to be convenient dupes...er er...I mean trade partners at this time.

This kind of post makes me think that perhaps many think too little of US. :( I don't see it the same way, however, of course there are different levels of understanding and sight. On some levels we could be dupes and may very well be, but not overall. On other levels, I am sorry to say, that perhaps China also plays the dupe, especially if they underestimate US. We need to pull our presumed weaknesses together and re-evaluate just where our true weak links are so that we can better determine where and how to spend our invested interests. Like the entwining of vines the best of partnerships need to run deeper than their common meeting points. I have seen this with China, as anyone paying attention has, for years... The difference now is only that it has become more physically obvious by their potential presence on our land.

This kind of post makes me think that perhaps many think too little of US

I'm not entirely enamoured with our MASTERS, that's for damned sure, 1Mel.

They, unlike China's leaders, don't seem very interested in protecting US industrialism, and insuring that their citizens have gainful employment

This kind of post makes me think that perhaps many think too little of US
I'm not entirely enamoured with our MASTERS, that's for damned sure, 1Mel.

They, unlike China's leaders, don't seem very interested in protecting US industrialism, and insuring that their citizens have gainful employment

Well, I don't necessarily disagree with what you post completely, however, I have grown up coming from the other end (yikes!) .... And from what I have seen is that there has been some great sabotaging going on from none other than our own beloved citizens... many do NOT want to be gainfully employed and buck at every attempt made by outreach programs designed specifically for delivering the defeated, eradicating stagnancy, etc. Perhaps the derivatives of mold can produce the most effective antibiotics... BUT are they enough to heal our nation's most infectious diseases? Sometimes it seems illogical to assume such is even necessary for the most productive outcomes. But... the numbers do matter, and that has been apparently working more against us than for us for sometime now.

And from what I have seen is that there has been some great sabotaging going on from none other than our own beloved citizens... many do NOT want to be gainfully employed and buck at every attempt made by outreach programs designed specifically for delivering the defeated, eradicating stagnancy, etc.

Who are those folks you're talking about?

The children on welfare?

Their mothers?

That's 1% of the population at large, ya know.

And from what I have seen is that there has been some great sabotaging going on from none other than our own beloved citizens... many do NOT want to be gainfully employed and buck at every attempt made by outreach programs designed specifically for delivering the defeated, eradicating stagnancy, etc.

The children on welfare?

Their mothers?

While I am not offended by your mistaken assumption..... No. I wasn't referring to the women and children for the most part, however, in posting that I must also add that there are things women at home can do and many do to improve their living conditions... as for children, as they grow and mature, there are many things available for them to also do that prove to be as much of a benefit to them as it is to their immediate community. Yet, again, I wasn't referring to the women and children.

We have some major issues in America in dealing with our handicapped and physically disabled. For many things misunderstood, there should always be a purpose given to individuals for them to not loose interest in living their lives to the fullest possible potential. Instead... well... we issue checks for YEARS. Why? Well, because we don't seem to have a clue how to address the real key to curing the real issue at hand... the mental health of the individual.

That is just one point, there are many.

The children on welfare?

Their mothers?

While I am not offended by your mistaken assumption..... No. I wasn't referring to the women and children for the most part, however, in posting that I must also add that there are things women at home can do and many do to improve their living conditions... as for children, as they grow and mature, there are many things available for them to also do that prove to be as much of a benefit to them as it is to their immediate community. Yet, again, I wasn't referring to the women and children.

We have some major issues in America in dealing with our handicapped and physically disabled. For many things misunderstood, there should always be a purpose given to individuals for them to not loose interest in living their lives to the fullest possible potential. Instead... well... we issue checks for YEARS. Why? Well, because we don't seem to have a clue how to address the real key to curing the real issue at hand... the mental health of the individual.

Oh, I see.

Yeah well here's the problem.

In a labor market like ours, one where people with no disabilities can't find work?

Getting employers to hire the handicapped isn't really all that easy.

Who would you hire?

A bright new college grad or an older worker whose career was marginalized by ill health and who cannot guarantee that THAT won't happen to them again?

See the problem?

China is on China's side, duh! What do you think has kept them in business for thousands of years. We have no idea with whom we are dong business primarily because we suffer from this totally narcissistic perception that everyone on this earth that is not us is just dying to become us.

Not - absolutely nothing could be further from the truth - especially when dealing with a country like China. However, since they literally already hold us financial by the short-hairs, even if we should discover the error of our ways, it's already too late.

The children on welfare?

Their mothers?

Oh, I see.

Yeah well here's the problem.

In a labor market like ours, one where people with no disabilities can't find work?

Getting employers to hire the handicapped isn't really all that easy.

Who would you hire?

A bright new college grad or an older worker whose career was marginalized by ill health and who cannot guarantee that THAT won't happen to them again?

See the problem?

I do... I just believe that there is so much potential behind many that are disregarded and discarded. Many people bedfast are amazing readers/thinkers/artists. Many that are physically incapable of hard labor can think their way through what would be normally difficult or impossible for the less physically challenged. (Hence, the biblical woes... may very well be meant as key markers toward understanding [ some ] things differently.) Anyways, I don't mean to monopolize the thread... I would just also question what China's attitude(s) is/are toward the Muslim community. That may come to be an important factor considering what their history has been toward Christians within their lands.

As has already pointed out.

China is clearly on China's side.

Unlike the US and a few others, they will do what is clearly in their own best interests as they see it. Including building a Navy that will prohibit the US Navy from interfering in their affairs.

Forum List

Back