Whose side is China really on?

Take a short quiz to express how you feel toward China

• I love China and trust them implicitly, they are a solid ally

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I love that Wall Street moved so many US factories to China, prices are much lower

• Pakistan and China forming an alliance does not concern me at all

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I prefer Chinese riding bikes and US commuters riding SUVs

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I prefer Americans riding bikes and Chinese commuters riding SUVs

• I don't trust the Chinese or their military at all

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I believe that the US and China are heading for major disagreements

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I believe that Wall Street will eventually regret doing business with China

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I believe the projections that show China surpassing the US by 2030

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Who's side is China really on?

Obviously - China's.

What we need to be asking is:

Who's side America's business and political leader on?

But I guess that's obvious too...like China:

Their own!

Think of China like one big corporation on the world stage of powerful corporations. That's how they see themselves. They also see themselves kicking ass and taking names at the game.

If the banks record the scores for the games played on the corporate gridiron, I believe We, The Peeps are going to have to give round one of the team competition to our brothers from the Far East who live just west of LA, in spite of individual accomplishments made by US stars.

Imagine what We could with fair and simple taxes and a budget balanced by law.

Obviously - China's.

Their own!

Think of China like one big corporation on the world stage of powerful corporations. That's how they see themselves. They also see themselves kicking ass and taking names at the game.

If the banks record the scores for the games played on the corporate gridiron, I believe We, The Peeps are going to have to give round one of the team competition to our brothers from the Far East who live just west of LA, in spite of individual accomplishments made by US stars.

Imagine what We could be with a government that put the welfare of the American people above that of the uber-wealthy!

Obviously - China's.

Their own!

Imagine what We could be with a government that put the welfare of the American people above that of the uber-wealthy!

Every day, my friend. Every day.

Whose side? Is there a single sane person in America who thinks that China is on any side but China? A better question would be whose side is America on under B. Hussein?

China has 10 times our population. And they are not still in the middleages like 50 years ago. They have a growing economy that will the stongest for a long time to come.

I'm pro American big time, but let's not delude ourselves

How much do we owe China?

The U.S. Owes China $1.2 Trillion : Planet Money : NPR
China holds about $1.2 trillion in U.S. government debt, according to the Treasury Department's latest figures. That's about 30 percent higher than the previous estimate.
This is part of those global imbalances we keep talking about. China exports more than it imports; the U.S. imports more than it exports. So U.S. dollars keep piling up in China.
China ends up lending a lot of those dollars back to the U.S. This keeps China's currency and exports cheap, and helps the U.S. finance its budget deficit.
These persistent imbalances can contribute to big, Giant Pool of Money-type trouble for the global economy.
On a more immediate note, our huge debt to China can be a bit unsettling. It feels like they own us now, like they have all this power over us.
But if you're China, you're looking at the U.S. and thinking: The U.S. owes us all this money. I hope the U.S. economy stays healthy so they can pay us back (and so they can keep buying our stuff). For China, the U.S. is too big to fail.
And it's not just China. Japan holds nearly $900 billion in U.S. government debt. In all, U.S. debt held abroad totals some $4.4 trillion.

As for our economy and China?

Chimerica

BEIJING ( Caixin Online ) — The global economy is heading toward another double-dip scare, possibly in the third quarter, in what could be a repeat of summer 2010.
Financial markets may stumble in a few months, and that could prompt the U.S. Federal Reserve to introduce a third round of quantitative easing or an equivalent, which would be another step down the path toward stagflation. In this scenario, China’s current monetary-tightening policy would be difficult to sustain.

China to Overtake U.S. as World Economic Power - Now What?

[SIZE=+1]China to Overtake U.S. as World Economic Power - Now What?[/SIZE]

Questions, anyone?

Obviously - China's.

Their own!

It would be the opposite of a Republican government.

Why on earth would China be on anyone but China's side?

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

Remember, the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 for a reason. If Republicans and Democrats were the same, the COC would give to both parties equally. But they don't for a reason.

Interesting link. Especially the comments page.

I liked this one the best.

ScubaGolfJim

Bob-970091

Wrong, Scuba, it really only appeared to work because it took decades for Europe and Japan to rebuild from the ashes of WWII. We got a free gift, no competition, but should we move to use education and training (lifelong) as an edge, we'll do fine in the global economy.

You are looking backwards, while successful people look forward at all times. The coal man on the train lost his job, too, as did the Horse and Buggy driver, when Henry Ford came along, but we had a "can do" spirit than. Today, its lacking.

Yeah, right Bob.

I'm not looking backwards. I looking at realism. You take jobs away from Americans and send them overseas. You then bring the products made by those jobs back to the U.S. to sell to whom? The ones whose jobs it used to be to make those items? And how are they supposed to pay for those items? They have no job.

Henry Ford didn't send the jobs overseas bubba. He made new jobs here that the buggy-maker could do.

BTW... successful people learn from looking at the past. (...successful people look forward at all times) Dimwit statement there.

-----------------------------

I don't understand a political party that elects leaders who work to move jobs to China. Point that out to Republicans and they scream you are a liar. Proof doesn't matter. Their leaders are what they imagine them to be.

Heard a news report that Pakistan is killing Americans while we give them about $5b a year in all types of "aid". Then I heard that Pakistan said that if the US stops aid, that Pakistan will accept aid from China.

Then I saw Mulally proudly proclaiming all the new plants they are building in China to build new electric cars and car components.

Then I recalled what happened when one of our planes went down in China.

So lets take a poll to see who trusts China...or are they simply playing Wall Street for morons?

china will do anything that a) can discombobulate us, and b) will help them accrue any advantage in the region.

we should send a full blown diplomatic team to talk with India AND sell Taiwan the NEW F-16's not upgrade the ones they wish to replace. But alas.

Yup. Chinas in it for China. Period.

If they go through with their plans with China then I agree. Send diplomats to our very good ally India. India scares the crap out of Pakistan. India has nukes. Pakistan has nukes. Now what a mess that would be.

I'm sure Taiwan would love those new jets.

Political chicken. How nice.

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

Remember, the Chamber of Commerce gives to Republicans 9 to 1 for a reason. If Republicans and Democrats were the same, the COC would give to both parties equally. But they don't for a reason.

sure thing as long as you remember the presidents economic adviser is sending everything he can as quickly as he can to china too.....

and lets get real; we will find out sooner I think rather than later that all of China's boffo 8-10% growth was half illusory,building towns that have no one to populate them and office buildings that have no one renting space and a high speed rail which is neither high speed and has HUGE operational problems is not effective in the long term, it will as it inevitably does, catch up with them and beginning to already.

sure thing as long as you remember the presidents economic adviser is sending everything he can as quickly as he can to china too.....

Some economic advice, killing American employment opportunities and giving it away to people with a 6-for-1 trade difference, with the US getting the short end of the stick anyway. /sardonic attitude, check.

and lets get real; we will find out sooner I think rather than later that all of China's boffo 8-10% growth was half illusory,building towns that have no one to populate them and office buildings that have no one renting space and a high speed rail which is neither high speed and has HUGE operational problems is not effective in the long term, it will as it inevitably does, catch up with them and beginning to already.

North Korea does the same..

Heard a news report that Pakistan is killing Americans while we give them about $5b a year in all types of "aid". Then I heard that Pakistan said that if the US stops aid, that Pakistan will accept aid from China.

Then I saw Mulally proudly proclaiming all the new plants they are building in China to build new electric cars and car components.

Then I recalled what happened when one of our planes went down in China.

So lets take a poll to see who trusts China...or are they simply playing Wall Street for morons?

China is in it for themselves, same as the rest of us.

yep especially as one right wing poster stated, they have switched to republican capitalism.

Forum List

Back