Whose hand is in the cookie jar.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with what we are discussing.

The incentive for the insurance companies is to deny coverage to sick people.

This is why they won't cover "pre-existing conditions".

Um ... no, the reason why is because the government regulated out their competition so now they know they won't lose customers since many businesses have to have insurance because the government made those laws forcing them. Key point here: The government made this mess.

The government made this mess by not having national health insurance and by allowing the insurance and pharma companies write the laws.

Now Obama is trying to move us in the right direction, but people like you are in the way.

One note piano ... and you're out of tune. Nationalized health care does not in any way address the costs or who will receive it.

You do realize that we are already paying for everyone's healthcare,
don't you?
Then why is a new government mandate needed?
Unless it is to make the stupid people feel better as they hand over their personal rights?
Rhetorical question, we all know the stupid people have been duped.

Because it is cheaper and better to cover everyone before they need the most expensive medical care of all, the emergency room.

This is one of the reasons that all the other industrialized countries in the world pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Our system is bloated, expensive, and unfair. That's why no one else uses a system like ours.
You already said everyone was covered. Make up your mind.
No one else has 30% obesity rate, Obesity statistics - countries compared - NationMaster dumbass.

You guys are so funny. You cut and paste an article that I suspect you didn't read.

The entire point of the health care debate in the US is "COST". You know, "MONEY".

The reason the US ranked 37th is because the US spends FAR MORE than any other country. Take away the "COST" and the US is all the way up to to a whopping 15th.

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ha ha.

Of course, when Republicans see that the CEO of Cigna makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years from a company that only "makes" money by "skimming" off insurance policies and denying sick people operations and therapy. Republicans call that "good business" and admire and respect such a company. And of course, it's all tidy and legal. They made sure of that.

You guys are so funny. You cut and paste an article that I suspect you didn't read.

The entire point of the health care debate in the US is "COST". You know, "MONEY".

The reason the US ranked 37th is because the US spends FAR MORE than any other country. Take away the "COST" and the US is all the way up to to a whopping 15th.

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ha ha.

Of course, when Republicans see that the CEO of Cigna makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years from a company that only "makes" money by "skimming" off insurance policies and denying sick people operations and therapy. Republicans call that "good business" and admire and respect such a company. And of course, it's all tidy and legal. They made sure of that.

Then why do so many people keep bringing up the "uninsured" as their argument? (See presidential campaigns for an example).

Um ... no, the reason why is because the government regulated out their competition so now they know they won't lose customers since many businesses have to have insurance because the government made those laws forcing them. Key point here: The government made this mess.

The government made this mess by not having national health insurance and by allowing the insurance and pharma companies write the laws.

Now Obama is trying to move us in the right direction, but people like you are in the way.

One note piano ... and you're out of tune. Nationalized health care does not in any way address the costs or who will receive it.

Then why do all the countries that have NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare?

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ha ha.

Not to mention the $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS that the health industry lobbyists gave Congress in the last decade so they could continue to rip off the public...

Then why do all the countries that have NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare?

How many times do I have to post it?
Obesity statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
Are you daft?

Why do you insist that the person who pays it has control over the price?

Of course, when democraps see that the CEO of Cigna allegedly makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years they say to themselves " fuck him, i'm gonna use my power to get my hands on that money ".

You didn't answer the question.

Why do all the countries that have NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare?

Of course, when democraps see that the CEO of Cigna allegedly makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years they say to themselves " fuck him, i'm gonna use my power to get my hands on that money ".

Thanks to Chris I am inclined to agree with this.

Why do all the countries that have NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare?

:doubt: You ignored when I answered your failed connection a hundred times before ,.. why don't you learn how to read?

:doubt: You ignored when I answered your failed connection a hundred times before ,.. why don't you learn how to read?

Why don't you learn how to read.

I told you why they have lower costs than we do, and it ain't "government regulations."

Why don't you learn how to read.

I told you why they have lower costs than we do, and it ain't "government regulations."

No, you have not proven that our costs are high for any other reason.

Or, they don't want those people to lose their money in the first place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yOtKWipG-o&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Sarkisyans Confront CIGNA on Daughter Nataline's Death[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbf6WCwjptk&feature=related]YouTube - Cigna Health Denies My 17yr Old Sister's Insurance Claim[/ame]

Or, they don't want those people to lose their money in the first place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yOtKWipG-o&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Sarkisyans Confront CIGNA on Daughter Nataline's Death[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbf6WCwjptk&feature=related]YouTube - Cigna Health Denies My 17yr Old Sister's Insurance Claim[/ame]

Childs play compared to the NHS, junior .....

Who is raking off the money?

We spent 17.6% of our GDP on health care last year. And failed to cover nearly 15% of our population. With results that are third world.

Japan spent 8% of their GDP, and covered everyone of their citizens.

In the US, hundreds of thousands with insurance still went bankrupt because of medical bills. Nobody in Japan, Germany, Canada, et cet went bankrupt because of medical bills.

So we are spending over twice as much per citizen for our health care system, not covering all of our citizens, and getting inferior results.

That seems to say that at least a trillion has been skimmed from the system. How else to account for the fact that we are paying twice as much and getting a product inferior even to the system in Costa Rica.

NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs

National health spending is expected to reach $2.5 trillion in 2009, accounting for 17.6 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP). By 2018, national health care expenditures are expected to reach $4.4 trillion—more than double 2007 spending.1

Yes, I've heard all this before and I've even read the link provided. What you nor the link address is what the factors are that are increasing costs. Perhaps you should go here and get more of the facts: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...n-for-the-increases-in-health-care-costs.html

As far as who has their hands in the cookie jar? I would say the politicians do.

That, Christofer is pure bullshit. Japan and many other nations have technology equal to ours. And they still pay 1/2 to 3/4 of what we do for their health care. And they have no citizens going bankrupt because of medical bills. Going bankrupt in spite of the fact that well over half of those going bankrupt had medical insurance.

Forum List

Back