Whose hand is in the cookie jar.

Who is raking off the money?

We spent 17.6% of our GDP on health care last year. And failed to cover nearly 15% of our population. With results that are third world.

Japan spent 8% of their GDP, and covered everyone of their citizens.

In the US, hundreds of thousands with insurance still went bankrupt because of medical bills. Nobody in Japan, Germany, Canada, et cet went bankrupt because of medical bills.

So we are spending over twice as much per citizen for our health care system, not covering all of our citizens, and getting inferior results.

That seems to say that at least a trillion has been skimmed from the system. How else to account for the fact that we are paying twice as much and getting a product inferior even to the system in Costa Rica.

NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs

National health spending is expected to reach $2.5 trillion in 2009, accounting for 17.6 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP). By 2018, national health care expenditures are expected to reach $4.4 trillion—more than double 2007 spending.1
Obesity is the single largest detriment to health, and the most preventable form of poor health.

Obesity rate in the US 30.6%
Obesity rate in Japan 3.2%
Here are the facts, Obesity statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
I'd say we are doing pretty good if we only spend twice as much for almost ten times the number of fat-asses bleeding the medical system dry.

And how does that affect the fact that we are not covering a significant portion of our population?

Most of them aren't citizens of this country, start there clown .....

Only an idiot would defend abject failure. ....
Which is what makes you the idiot, for claiming that the people who've never ever contained the costs for anything are going to pull it off this time around.

Look at who is talking about cost containment! You support a system that we pay twice as much for an inferior product, then you blather on about cost containment.

If all that was accomplished was covering all of our citizens, and preventing the plague of medical bankruptcies, without raising the present costs, it would be a fantastic achievement.
Who says I support the current system, assclown?

What you support, however, is the surest route to making an already bad situation worse.

hey old nuts! how much money has Japan poured into medical research and free care for folks from around the world???? How many new life saving drugs has Japan graced the world with??? Got any facts???? How many illegal aliens does Japan educate and provide free medical care for??? Got any facts??? You lying DUmbasses always overlook the facts donchya?

Guess what, brainiac?

Good health doesn't come from drugs and surgery!

Which is what makes you the idiot, for claiming that the people who've never ever contained the costs for anything are going to pull it off this time around.

Look at who is talking about cost containment! You support a system that we pay twice as much for an inferior product, then you blather on about cost containment.

If all that was accomplished was covering all of our citizens, and preventing the plague of medical bankruptcies, without raising the present costs, it would be a fantastic achievement.

What you support, however, is the surest route to making an already bad situation worse.

No, you are wrong.

The rest of the industrialized world has national health insurance, and it works quite well for them.

That's why no one else uses a stupid system like ours!

Last edited:
hey old nuts! how much money has Japan poured into medical research and free care for folks from around the world???? How many new life saving drugs has Japan graced the world with??? Got any facts???? How many illegal aliens does Japan educate and provide free medical care for??? Got any facts??? You lying DUmbasses always overlook the facts donchya?

Guess what, brainiac?

go ahead,, live your life without drugs and surgery! I dare ya. when your appendix ruptures go to Cuber!

Who is raking off the money?

We spent 17.6% of our GDP on health care last year. And failed to cover nearly 15% of our population. With results that are third world.

Japan spent 8% of their GDP, and covered everyone of their citizens.

In the US, hundreds of thousands with insurance still went bankrupt because of medical bills. Nobody in Japan, Germany, Canada, et cet went bankrupt because of medical bills.

So we are spending over twice as much per citizen for our health care system, not covering all of our citizens, and getting inferior results.

That seems to say that at least a trillion has been skimmed from the system. How else to account for the fact that we are paying twice as much and getting a product inferior even to the system in Costa Rica.

NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs

National health spending is expected to reach $2.5 trillion in 2009, accounting for 17.6 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP). By 2018, national health care expenditures are expected to reach $4.4 trillion—more than double 2007 spending.1
Obesity is the single largest detriment to health, and the most preventable form of poor health.

I'd say we are doing pretty good if we only spend twice as much for almost ten times the number of fat-asses bleeding the medical system dry.

I see. And how do you intend to address the problem? And how does that affect the fact that we are not covering a significant portion of our population?
I don't intend to address it, if somebody wants to be a fat-ass, that's their choice. Don't make somebody else pay for it.
Should you pay for my iron lung because I choose to smoke?

No, you are wrong.

The rest of the industrialized world has national health insurance, and it works quite well for them.

That's why no one else used a stupid system like ours!
Yes, I've heard your inane post hoc ergo propter hoc drivel at least a hundred times, brain death.

It's no more logically valid the 101st time.

Actually it is.

Other countries do a lot of things better than we do.

Well now, why don't you grace us with the facts there, old girl?

Japan contributes a larger portion of her GDP to real foreign aid that we do.

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Kenji Maeda1, Mahbubur Rahman2 and Tsuguya Fukui1

(1) Department of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawara-cho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8507, Japan
(2) Department of Epidemiological and Clinical Research Information Management, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan

Received: 08 January 2003 Accepted: 21 February 2003

Background. Although Japan''s contributions to several biomedical fields have already been reported, little is known about Japan''s contribution to gastroenterology and hepatology. Methods. Original articles published in 1991 through 2000 in highly reputed journals in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology were retrieved from the MEDLINE database. The number of articles having an affiliation with a Japanese institution was counted in total, and the number for each journal was also counted. Japan''s share of articles regarding clinical trials and randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in this field was also determined, along with the trend over the past decade. Results. Japan''s share of articles in this field was 10.6%, ranking third in the world, following the United States (35.1%) and the United Kingdom (11.5%). Japan''s share of articles went up significantly as a whole (P = 0.01), while the share for RCTs showed no significant change (P = 0.57) during this period of time. Conclusions. Japan''s contribution to the field of gastroenterology and hepatology is, in general, acceptable compared with that of other counties, but the contribution for RCTs not satisfactory.

Seems that Japan is not doing too shabby in the research department.

Guess what, brainiac?

Nor from a Krispy Kreme donut. Tell it to the 30% of Americans that are obese.

I see. And how do you intend to address the problem? And how does that affect the fact that we are not covering a significant portion of our population?
I don't intend to address it, if somebody wants to be a fat-ass, that's their choice. Don't make somebody else pay for it.

You are overpaying for that iron lung now.

Why not pay less?

No, you are wrong.

Yes, I've heard your inane post hoc ergo propter hoc drivel at least a hundred times, brain death.

Actually it is.

Actually, it's not...Not the 102nd time either.

No, you are wrong.

That's why no one else uses a stupid system like ours!

Government should take over the Real Estate industry so capitalist assholes like you stop taking advantage of people that need housing so you can make a profit........:eusa_whistle:

No, you are wrong.

Actually it is.

Like keeping their obesity in check.

hey old nuts! How much money has japan poured into medical research and free care for folks from around the world???? How many new life saving drugs has japan graced the world with??? Got any facts???? How many illegal aliens does japan educate and provide free medical care for??? Got any facts??? You lying dumbasses always overlook the facts donchya?

well now, why don't you grace us with the facts there, old girl?

Japan contributes a larger portion of her gdp to real foreign aid that we do.

springerlink - journal article

kenji maeda1, mahbubur rahman2 and tsuguya fukui1

(1) department of general medicine and clinical epidemiology, kyoto university graduate school of medicine, 54 kawara-cho, shogoin, sakyo-ku, kyoto, 606-8507, japan
(2) department of epidemiological and clinical research information management, kyoto university graduate school of medicine, kyoto, japan

received: 08 january 2003 accepted: 21 february 2003

background. Although japan''s contributions to several biomedical fields have already been reported, little is known about japan''s contribution to gastroenterology and hepatology. Methods. Original articles published in 1991 through 2000 in highly reputed journals in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology were retrieved from the medline database. The number of articles having an affiliation with a japanese institution was counted in total, and the number for each journal was also counted. Japan''s share of articles regarding clinical trials and randomized controlled trials (rcts) in this field was also determined, along with the trend over the past decade. Results. Japan''s share of articles in this field was 10.6%, ranking third in the world, following the united states (35.1%) and the united kingdom (11.5%). Japan''s share of articles went up significantly as a whole (p = 0.01), while the share for rcts showed no significant change (p = 0.57) during this period of time. Conclusions. Japan''s contribution to the field of gastroenterology and hepatology is, in general, acceptable compared with that of other counties, but the contribution for rcts not satisfactory.

seems that japan is not doing too shabby in the research department.

2003?

You are overpaying for that iron lung now.

Why not pay less?

Why don't you pay for it?

old nuts,,, old nuts, old nuts,,, I asked you how many illegals Japan educated and provided medical care for????? got any clues???? How much of the GDP goes to educating and treating illegals,,???

Forum List

Back